main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Neil Gaiman's Eternals

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by JediTrilobite, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I'm a fan of Neil Gaiman's work, especially after reading his novel, American Gods. So, I was paticularly thrilled when I heard that he was doing a comic series with Marvel. I haven't read any of his other comics, although Sandman is on my list of things to read.

Any thoughts on this upcoming series?

2. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I'm curious, for sure.

I'll pick up the first issue or two, and judge it then. Gaiman is always worth checking out. JRJR, not so much. I'm not a fan of his. Nothing against the man, I just don't like his art.

3. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    The art looks gorgeous and the concept interests me. But, I already have way too many comics to get, so I'll wait for the TPB.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Link me up, someone! I always excite at new preview art. [face_praying]

5. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I'm looking foreward to this series.

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.458

6. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I'm aching for this to come out. While I'm not as fussed with Romita Jr. being on it, Neil more than makes up for that. I've never really been a fan of the blocky style that Romita Jr. uses preferring the more slick styles of art, but that's just personal preference.

Neil though has shown he can handle god-like characters while still showing human elements, so it should be a good read.

7. CloneTrooper_3000

CloneTrooper_3000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2005
    This is one book that get get here soon enough for me. Neil Gaiman is, well, Neil Gaiman and John Romita Jr. is one of my favorite artists. Hell, they could be writing Strawberry Shortcake and I'd buy it.

That, and I'm glad to see Marvel doing something with The Eternals. I alays liked them as a kid and have been wanting to see a modern take on them for a while now.

8. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    My only worry in that respect is that it'll be Sandman 2.0. I don't want to see Gaiman fall into the trap of writing the same characters with different names all the time.

Even the names, the Eternals and the Endless...

9. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    So what are your thoughts, several months later? #4 is coming out shortly, this week, I think .

10. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I liked the first two but I haven't had the chance to read the third issue yet.

11. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    Like 1602, it got off to a slow start, but issue 3 brought the action up a notch. Overall, it's worth getting.

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I've really enjoyed it so far, and I think the art actually suits the story. Issue #3 was my personal favourite, but they've all been good.

Annihilation 2 this week, Civil War 4 next week, Eternals 4 week after. A good few weeks for miniseries.

13. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Yeah, this is one series i picked up and liked. It's interesting to see that Gaiman has that "Civil War" discussion to it. I know he's not a huge fan of tie ins but it was cool to see iron man show up.

It's a very interesting story. I agree it started off slow but in hindsight, it was a good start. Two ended really good and three was awsome as well. Check it out if you havn't yet.

dkt

14. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    yeah i too like the civil war mentions. I wonder if the eternals will register at the end or not, or be totaly above the whole conflict.

15. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I thought that this was going to be something totaly by itself but it's kinda cool how there is a little bit of a tie in. Can't wait for the next one.

dkt

16. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Anyone read #4 yet? We finally find out exactly what has happened to them all, and I for one did not see it coming. Really cool stuff, and I really want to see where it's going.

17. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    Yeah issue four was really good. Neil is definitely devlivering another good comic sereis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.