main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Neither Happy NOR Venting-Just stuff!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jul 7, 2005.

1. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Hopefully that isn't *COMPUTER* security training, nnay....

Thanks for the FB info. I checked mine, and only Boulder, Golden, and Denver are showing, so I think I'm safe (I think my apartment building's wifi is routed through Boulder). I didn't know you could set FB to send you an e-mail or text when a new computer or phone logs into your account. I might have it do that.

2. Jomama

Jomama Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2009
    Upgraded my virus software and found some interesting trojan virsus'. One that is a wiretap and one where someone can basically take over my computer. Also some malware that monitors all my key strokes. Now I know how they probably got my password and I have to change my passwords for everything and flush my computer. Get a fraking life.

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Sorry to hear that Dan. Hopefully you can prevent this stuff from happening to you again.

Yeah, you should maybe try "password", "starwars", or "bigboobz" (with a "z"). Those are usually more secure.

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Awww... What's wrong with starwars a a password? It's one thing we are sure not to forget after all. You mean the lack of a space won't throw off the hacker? :p

5. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Lol...good password ideas...NOT! Remember that commercial "how many licks does it take?" with the owl? Well I cannot solve that mystery since I abhor biting into a lollipop, but I can solve the mystery of "how long does it take to change all of your passwords?"...takes about 3 hours. [face_beatup]

6. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    OMDLH. Three hours?! I hope I never have to do that....

7. Jyn

Jyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2006
    For what it's worth, I got to ~257 licks in 8th grade algebra before the bell rang and I gave up.

8. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    That is some licking.

When I had my tongue pierced, the artist told me that the tongue is the strongest and densest muscle in the body.

9. Jomama

Nov 3, 2009
    Just saw the new trailer for Tron: Legacy and this is looking better and better. may have to line up opening night for it.

10. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Might have to dust off all of those dubs I tossed in that box and find Tron...gear up for the new flick, so to speak.

11. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm all over seeing this opening day/weekend in IMAX 3-D. Anybody else interested besides Dan and I?

12. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I think I will see it up north, alone...I can't see in 3-D. Just makes me nauseous. :)

13. Jomama

Nov 3, 2009
    My cat disappeared in the house 2 days ago and I heard her crying yesterday morning. When I found her she could barely walk and every time she shakes her head she falls over. Took her to the vet and they said it may be either a punctured eardrum or brain trauma. It's killing me seeing my companion of 9 years unable to do anything but cry beacause she wants to sit in my lap.

14. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Sorry to hear that Dan. Hope she gets Better.

15. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I hope your kitty is ok sweetie!

16. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i am soo sorry she is a sweet kitty. i don't wish ill will on any kitteh. hope she gets better.

17. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    All of our best for the kitty,... Dan....our thoughts are with both of you.....

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Got a blocked call from someone wanting to 'give me a free $25 visa gift with no conditions' because my 'phone number has been selected'. Yeah, right. And the Death Star's true purpose was for peaceful mining applications. Tell me another one, why don't you? And next time don't sound so surprised when I decline.

19. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Will has his first cataract surgery today.

20. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Day two of cleaning out my uncle's house is complete. We sold about half of his estate, and met the realtor today.

I have to say, this has been one of the most humbling experiences of my life. His house is in Highlands Ranch...nice place 1900 sf...he lived in a corner of the unfinished basement that he had walled off with styrofoam. His bed frame was a bunch of junk wood and the "springs" were made of those stretchy bands they give you for physical therapy tied on the frame. The "room" he slept in had two woodburning stoves, tons of wood,junk, tools and a tv. The rest of the basement was packed to the rafters in newspapers, firewood, airplane and boat molds and trash. He lived like a hobo hermit in the middle of suburbia. He had no children, no wife...it could happen to any of us.

As I sort through his belongings, I learn a lot about the man who was my grandfathers brother. I wish I had known him better, he was a brilliant man. I would feel guilty, but I think he enjoyed his solitude. I had heard of hoarding, just never thought I would see it. I am incredibly proud of how my family banded together to make this work.

If you have an elderly neighbor, check on them from time to time.

21. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    I had an excellent weekend. It didn't really seem longer or anything, but it was very relaxing. Did some reading, did some writing, and overall was able to decompress. Now to start a whole new week... doh!

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Why am I hearing a chainsaw somewhere outside... at 7:30am? I heard a huge crash night before last in the middle of the night, making me think a tree had gone down. But if that is the case, why is someone cleaning it up *two days later* at 7:30 in the morning?

23. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I have gasoline. There is a fire. I am trying to decide when the best time is to throw the gasoline onto the fire and how best to avoid the fallout. Why can I never have a fire extinguisher in these types of situations?

24. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Are you using metaphors or being literal? It's so hard to tell these days. ;)

25. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    Answer: Yes.