main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph “So Say We All.” - The Battlestar Galactica Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The way I see it is that she had to die to be transported great distances. The "God" of BSG is nowhere near omnipotent.

1. She intentionally got her Viper crushed in "Maelstrom" (an angel convinced her to do it).
    2. She died and God resurrected her in orbit above Earth.
    3. Somehow she crashed her Viper and died. Was it an accident? If so, why didn't she eject? Was she knocked unconscious?
    4. She was resurrected in the Ionian Nebula.

And it's not a deus ex machina. That plot device usually appears out of nowhere. They'd been setting up God since the miniseries.

2. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    wait, you have her dying twice. That can't be right.

3. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    She had to have died twice.

Her ship was crushed inside the gas giant. The producers have said that she did indeed die in that event. And her body was on Earth. Since she would have been pulverized along with her ship, that must mean she was resurrected at least twice.

4. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    My thought was that the storm that crushed her viper somehow acted as a wormhole and transported the crushed viper to earth.

5. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Hmm, that's plausible. Why didn't I think of that?

6. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    The thing that doesn't make sense to me about your idea is that if she was resurrected in orbit over earth, then died again, why wasn't she resurrected a second time when she returned to the fleet, rather than "only" being an "angel" who leaves once her mission/destiny is fulfilled?

Admittedly, there isn't really much to back up my theory (in terms of comments from the producers, etc), but it just seems to me that the wreckage they found on earth would be consistent with what would be left over from the viper being crushed on the gas giant. Otheriwse you just have her viper crashing a second time (on earth) with no apparent cause.

7. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I've gotten to episode 3 of Season 4 (ie the first regular episode of the season, after the Razor movie), and I have to say, the whole Starbuck thing is really shaky. Her real body and viper end up on Cylon Earth, then she is resurrected and given a nice shiny new viper with pictures of earth (which one?!) loaded on the camera. Huh?!!!!

Speaking of Razor, I found it to be very good. Thinking back to the first few Pegasus episodes, and how I originally felt bad for the Gina copy. Looking back, she certainly didn't deserve any better than what she got (not that I condone what was done to her).

8. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
  9. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Seems to make clear that Shelley Godfrey was a cylon, not some kind of head-job. Still looking forward to where the frak she went.

Now that the broadcast of Season 3 has wrapped up here in the German-speaking world, I've moved on to DVDs of Season 4. Razor was great, and I've liked the first 3 regular eps (especially Six of One), but the whole Starbuck being to earth makes even less sense than ever. I assume it was Cylon earth that she had on her Viper camera. But how the heck did she get back to the fleet? Why did she have to die to get to earth, with her Viper destroyed, but got back in a pristine Viper? I'll be blunt, I think the writers really dropped the ball there, it just doesn't make any sense at all.

10. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I'm away on business tomorrow and Friday, am packing my 4.0 DVDs, will have a mini-marathon in my hotel room tomorrow.

11. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    The final season DVDs come out today, just got my shipment notification from amazon. [face_dancing]

12. rsterling78

rsterling78 Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2002
  13. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Look for the typo on the back cover. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome.

14. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I'm jealous. My Bluray version is backordered.

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm hoping to get both 4.0 and 4.5 for my birthday next week. Because I'm cheap.

-sj loves kevin spacey

16. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    I forgot to share my Nerd loot from Wizard World.

[image=http://nerdsoftheroundtable.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/img_0124.jpg]

EJO was the man, really cool to meet in person.

17. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    Yet another show I need to catch up on. I did this with The Sopranos as well, just went out and bought the DVD's. :)

18. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    So apparently Edward James Olmos has an idea/script that he's developed to continue Bill Adama's story after reaching Earth. At Comic Con he gave some good hints and talked about The Plan. Article is here

19. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    So did anyone buy the blu-ray boxset??

It's unfortunate that I have to save a ton of money for my wedding next year, as I would have definetly picked up that in a heartbeat. Maybe if it goes down in price I'll get it in a few months.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I've kept my eyes on ebay for one of those rare absurdly cheap auctions. So far, no dice.

21. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    While I'm looking forward to The Plan, EJO's new idea seems like they're beating a dead horse. What's the plot going to be, pre-historic cavemen don't get the whole cycle thing and start trying to build a robot out of some rocks, twigs and straw? Though I'm all for it if the 6s and 8s all dress like cavewomen to better fit in with their new neighbors.:p

22. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    The Season 4.5 set doesn't have the Gaeta-centric webisodes ("Face of the Enemy") set between "Sometimes A Great Notion" and "A Disquiet Follows My Soul." You know, the story that's enormously important to his character development and explains his decision to mutiny a whole lot better.

I'm genuinely annoyed and disappointed by this. I didn't even bother to make sure the webisodes were on there because the other two sets were released on DVD. So I reasonably assumed that it would be the case with 4.5. Nope. What the ****?

23. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Those things just managed to confuse and irritate me anyway, so you'll see no tears from my corner.

24. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    The other main character is Eight, Jay-dub. Two of them.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Remember what happened to one of them?

There's your answer.