main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Carb, IL New Carbondale Area Members, Post Here!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Earwen_Lightrider, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Greetings! You have taken your first step into a larger world!

Welcome to the Carbondale, Illinois Fanforce forum. Here you can meet fellow fans in your area and plan meetings and events. If you are interested in joining this group, please post here. To help us learn a little about you, please post a little information about yourself:

Name: (First is fine)
    SW Related Interests:
    Non-SW Related Interests: {So we know what other activites you might like)
    How did you get started on SW: ("Hello, My Name is Jennifer, & I've been a SW addict since I was 7. . ." - It's fun to share this one).

2. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, I'm Yuri Rentfro,
    24 years old.
    I'm from Vienna Illinois.

3. MasterCpatch

MasterCpatch Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2007
    So I am Dennis Jackson
    From Mayfield Kentucky
    20 years old and a Noob at Star Wars, I got to start loving it late.

4. CrimsonVire

CrimsonVire Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2007
    It's about time I figured this thing out. Hi everyone.
    First lets meet the criteria.

My name is: Bobby Fairless (aka Chewie)

My age: 21

My location: Lovely little Vienna, ( What, what do ya mean Southern Illinois?) ok. Southern Illinois

What brought me to Star Wars: A long time ago, in a basement not so far away... Actually the way Star Wars first grabbed my attention was when my mother bought a Star Wars bed sheet collection when I was really young. I never knew what it was until I saw the first movie when I was about 9. It took me another year to realize that it had a sequel. After Empire, I knew there had to be another one somewhere. Luckily my cousin let me borrow it as well. When I heard that the they where going to release another film in 1999, I was extremely excited, but I was also 14. It came out in May, and I saw it in July. I bet somebody out there can relate. Any way the last two releases were spent with what several people refer to as the "Star Wars Fan's Day Job"; line waiting. My life has never been the same since.

What do I like other than Star Wars: I woman that can appreciate a man who likes Star Wars. If you hear of one, let me know (hehe). Back to subject, I have been recently indulging myself in classic movies. Casablanca is an excellent movie no matter when you watch it. I just recently aquired The Adventures of Robin Hood made in 1938 starring Errol Flynn. I nice selection as well. Apart from the classics, what man doesn't love a good action movie. Spiderman rocked, Spiderman 2 rocked harder and Die Hard.....died hard? I know that was bad, but action movies are the bomb.

I think I met everything on the criteria. I would like to leave my very first posting on this forum by saying how thrilled I am with what is going on in this area right now. The meetings have been great, and I really see this group taking off and becoming something special in the community. Not only is it a great way for Star Wars fans of all ages to get together and have fun, but we get a chance to help the people around us as well, raising money for various charities and other organizations. I am looking forward to our next meeting in March, and I hope to see you all there. Until next time, May the Force be with you.

Vire

5. Forgeknight

Forgeknight Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2007
    I'm Gregory Lipe
    Elkville

A chance meeting (or the will of the Force?) amid the Star Wars toy aisle has led me to you. And I must say I AM SO EXCITED! I have been a Star Wars fan since I was a wee lad. I'm into everything from the movies, to the books, to the games to just being a Star Wars fan (geek). I have long been hoping for a group like this to be in the area and I cant wait to meet you all.
    Favorite Character from Star Wars... Wedge Antilles!

6. Tabris7

Tabris7 Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2007
    Name: Payton Rigsby

SW Related Interests: Other than just enjoying pretty much anything Star Wars related I really love playing the d20 System RPG.

Non-SW Related Interests: Anime, computers, video games, music, paintball, anime, video games, D & D

How did you get started on SW: I've always loved the movies but I guess the Star Wars geek in me was born in the 5th grade (a couple months before Episode I released if I remember right). I forgot exactly how it happened but it did, but me and a buddy of mine would always talk about Star Wars during class.

7. Dragonheart65

Dragonheart65 Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    Name: Carol
    SW Related Interests: Classic trilogy fan, stormtroopers, Han Solo, pretty much everything about the classic trilogy I love.
    How did you get started on SW: I fell in love with Star Wars when I saw EP. IV at age 12 and have been a fan ever since. I have 5 children who all love Star Wars. We've attended Star Wars Celebration I & III and enjoyed them both greatly. I'm so glad there is a chapter in So. IL for Star Wars fans. I can't seem to find many people my age (especially full time Moms) who enjoy Star Wars as much as I do! Thanks for being here.

8. MasterCpatch

MasterCpatch Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2007
    So I guess I never really told you guys what got me into Star Wars and to be honost I'm not really sure. I guess it was the X-wings to be honost. I have always loved flying and airplanes and the the lightsabers, I don't know i guess I love it all, especially episode 6 after they find out that the Death Star shields are still up, and all the Imperial ships... I get goosebumps everytime. Oh and that reminds me, who all plays Epire at War? I need an advisary.

9. zachharris

zachharris Jedi Knight

May 18, 2004
    Name: David
    SW Related Interests: SW: RPG, SW: TCG, Legacy of the Force novels
    Non-SW Related Interests: Drumming, martial arts
    How did you get started on SW: Twas 1994 and my step-father let me and my brother rent one Star Wars movie per week. We started with A New Hope and went through "Jedi" Those were great days, and Ive pretty much loved it ever since, though there were the first two years of high school where I tried to act cool and not like it, but Episode II really brought me back.

10. Custom_Gamer

Custom_Gamer Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2007
    Andrew Cope
    Paducah KY
    I Love Gaming and roleplaying
    I have loved starwars as long as i can remember.

I would like to ask now if anyone knows were i can get a good custume or have one made

11. Mavrik1989

Mavrik1989 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2007
    Name: Jeff Conner
    SW Related Interests: Roleplaying games, video games, and movies
    Non-SW Related Interests: D&D, paintball, anime, and movies
    How did you get started on SW: Watched the first movies so far back I didn't remember a lot of it until i re-watched them, and i watched Episode 1 at the drive in.

12. Dutchboyjackson

Dutchboyjackson Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2008
    Martin Jackson
    16 (new driver)
    episode 1 got me into star wars Darth Maul is the best
    im Dennis's brother abused (cry cry) JK
    i love reading and video games are the best

13. Mavrik1989

Jan 11, 2007
    We haven't had any new members on here in quite some time it makes me a little sad -_-... it is now my mission to get us more people. Delta 07 out!

14. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    It's weird. We have new members, just no one gets on the forums.

15. Mavrik1989

Jan 11, 2007
    Yeah I got no one, I have failed my mission therefore destroying any hope in my clone abilities... it is time for termination!

16. HUBBY

HUBBY Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2008
    Hello,

My name is Jody, I'm from Charleston, MO, and I'm new to Fan Force. I met some of you at the first Metropolis Comic Con. I am interested in the costuming aspect of the hobby, the novels, and I collect titanium die-cast. I have been an avid fan since my parents took me in 1977 to see the original, and I've never looked back. I hope to meet you all soon.

Hubby (My nickname)

17. khristenkenobi

khristenkenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2006
    Welcome to the boards.

18. Mavrik1989

Jan 11, 2007
    Yay a new person, but yet I did not bring them so I still have failed!

19. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Name: Stymie

SW Related Interests: anything related to the story: movies, novels, and comic books

Non-SW Related Interests: reading, writing, science fiction in general (Asimov is my favorite writer), saving animals, movies, veteran/military issues (I'm a veteran myself), taking care of our pets, hanging out with my best friend/wife, drinking beer, eating wings.

How did you get started on SW: I wasn't old enough to catch A New Hope in the theater, but I remember watching it, along with my cousin, at my uncle's house. He had a "high tech" projector--this is pre-VCR (for those who even remember VCR's that is)--and my cousin and I would watch it again and again. It might've been the first movie I saw. In any case, it had a huge impact/influence on me. Not sure how old I was. I saw Empire in the theater, and I was 5 when that came out. So I am guessing I was either 3 or 4 when I first saw it.

20. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    Cool, Nice to meet you!

21. JodoK

JodoK Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2008
    Hey guys, I'm Zach, I met Yuri and his gang at CW Midnight Madness at Marion WM. I've tried registering (I thought I was a member here previously) a few times, and for some reaosn, today must of been my lucky day. I couldn't ever find out what the deal was, cookies or otherwise, but I finaly made it!

P.S. - Yuri, did you ever check out that Sintra I was talking about?

EDIT - Also, not only am I into SW, I'm also into BSG! This halloween it looks like I may be costuming as The Joker, so if I can ever find a vest, and if I ever get off my butt and order some Ben Nye make-up, I'll have some good pics. to show you guys. (Hopefully, lol.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.