main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Harry Potter Trailer

Discussion in 'Archive: Kent UK' started by AmberStarbright, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Trailer

I think I am really looking forward to this one it looks good [face_love]

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks for the link amber, I was about to do a search for it :D

I'll let you know what I think in about 12 hours or so, as that's how long it will probably take for me to downlaod it :(

3. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol see how helpfull I am :p

Go for the small version, I have the large I can always burn it to disk for next week. Although I need to figure out how to save it as it wont save :(

4. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Very helpful, and I was waiting for the first harry potter thread ;)

My connection is up the spout so I may try again later, however I may have to hold you up to your offer at this rate and would be great if you could do that for me :)
    You may have to track down a saveable version from somewhere because they seem to be making it difficult to save, I have QTPro and looks like I wouldn't have been able to save it if I managed to download it, bloody warner brothers :p

5. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    You can't because I am on pro....apple site doesn't have it yet either :(

I am going to try a cheating method *cough*

6. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Oh joy another awful Harry Potter movie.

[face_plain]

You'll excuse my lack of happiness. These films have totally destoryed the enjoyment I used to get from reading Harry Potter books.

Awful script writing and tragic acting (with the exception of the late Richard Harris and Alan Rickman) make the Harry Potter films pretty awful IMO.

Ooh! Maybe I should be FF Kent's offical voice of cynicism :p

7. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Actually I agree the first two movies were awfull compared to the book and no one can replace Harris for Dumbledore. But this trailer does look good. I guess we will have to see when the movie comes out really.

Although I do wonder why the hell have they got a choir, I don't remember them in the book. Especially not chanting lines from MacBeth :p

8. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Well I've seen bits and bobs of the trailer and from what I could tell there was a fair bit of it that seemed to have come from no where.

As for the new Dumbledore...well it'll be interesting to see how the new actor works out. It's pretty cool of him to take the place of another I'll admit that.

9. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    There is alot that does seem to come from no where but shall see how it is, still looks better than the first two.

I think we're a bit biased because we all preferred Harris (god bless him). But shall try not to be biased against Gambon.

10. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Well no one's had a proper chance to see the new Dumbledore so we can't judge yet.

I wouldn't go and see the film but my mum loves them and I have to take her :p

11. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    I'll find it hard to get used to a new Dumbledore, Richard Harris was perfect. I'm about to download the trailer though, so hopefully I'll get my first look. Although I am using a 56k with AOL, so as with LT I may have difficulty...

12. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Actually I am getting a little more used to him from the trailer :)

I am gonna have to search again later because I managed to view it without the web page but still can't save it.....damn you warner bros :mad:

13. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    That was a pretty good trailer, I only saw it in Windows Media Player format, so the picture was obviously pants, but it seems pretty faithfull to what I've read of the book. :)

14. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Except the choir with toads :p

15. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    Yeah well, I don't mind a quior being thrown in here and there, but toads? I didn't see them, it must've been the version I saw.

16. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Watch it again, look at what the choir are holding. There are large toads :p

That or I am imagining them :p

17. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Still haven't seen it :(
    I don't mind the previous two films myself, but I'll probably be more critical of this one considering I've actually read the book this time. I am slightly concerned by the choir though :confused:

I'm hopefull Gambon can do a good job, but as dom said harris was perfect for the role and it's a great shame he wont be there.

Ginger_Jedi- Feel free to be the FF Kent's offical voice of cynicism , that's usually my job and would make a change for it to be someone else ;)

18. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Good news, I have the trailer saved on my hard drive :D

19. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Lord-Tice: Well I don't tend to be cynical...wanna share the job? ;)

20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    yay! that is great news amber :D
    If you could burn me a copy that'll be great :)

Sure cole, we can share it if you like, lol. At least I wont be alone this time.

21. MasterChapRimera

MasterChapRimera Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Am I the only one who thinks that the films (and Harris) have got Dumbledore all wrong?

When I was reading the books I imagined Dumbledore to be more wacky and eccentric, a bit like a Willy wonka sort of figure. The films only ever show his serious side.

22. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I think that might just be you MCR ;)

Then again I saw the films before reading the books, so always had Harris' performance on my mind when I read them.
    It may have been good to have had him slightly wacky in the first film, but now that things in the wizard world have gotten very serious and dangerous, I think it's fitting for him to be much more serious IMO.

23. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    *peeks in*

Oh I saw the new trailer coz Vanessa (LaYa_) sent me a link. :)

Well, I haven't read the books...I've only seen the first movie and hopefully I'll see part 2 in the next few days. ;)

Hahaha, tha choir Jean...actually they sounded kinda Christmassy, y'know? Like the music you hear in Home Alone? ;)

Macbeth? Hmm, I'll have to listen closely then. :)

24. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Well that's what I was told but I checked it out but doesn't seem to be it, seems to be based on it.

25. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Thanks Jean...I wasn't sure anyways. 8-}

I'm sure you guys have seen the new pics of the kids-Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson... :) If you want a link or the pics...I can post 'em! :D

Those kids have grown up so much...there's going to be a grown up Hermoine and a very cute Harry and Ron... How adorable. [face_love]

Aww, sweet! [face_love]

I must look at that trailer again, Jean. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.