main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive New Jedi Outcasts RP

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by SECRETSISTER, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Welcome Jedi Outcasts to our new RP. At this time I shall ask Vice Chancellor Skye Lightrider to post the rules and the roster.

NP edit: Please move to the new thread. :)

EL Edit: adding Link to Previous Outcast thread

2. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Hello and welcome to the New Jedi Outcast Role-Playing Game.

As you can see, there have been quite a few changes. The roster has been completely revamped; be sure to check for your name as most likely you have been moved. As you will see, there are now only two flight squadrons; this was done because the squadrons were down to four people. We determined this to be unacceptable, so we reduced the squadrons down to two. Hopefully this will make the pilots work together as squadrons as we feel that there have been too many pilots going off doing their own thing. This was done to promote unity and conciseness within the team.

We also have a new ranking system. Please take a look at it here. As you can see, there are 14 levels of rank. Some of these slots have two names attached. The rankings on the left are for ground forces (The Preventers and Bishop Squad) whereas the ranks on the right are for the flight squadrons. Two ranking names on the same level of command are equal in rank. E.g. a Lieutenant Colonel is the same rank as a Commodore. Now, no one has been demoted, so don?t panic. Everyone has been assigned at least their equivalent rank in the old system; in fact many members have been promoted. So find your name on the roster and check where you fare in the new ranking system.

Direct any questions regarding the roster and ranking systems to Vice Chancellor Skye Lightrider.

Now everyone?s favorite topic, the rules?

1. The chain of command will be respected. Rank is a privilege, not a right, and rank respect goes both ways. Lower rankings will not be insubordinate to their superiors, and higher ranks will not abuse their privileges. Anyone in violation of the respect for rankings will dealt with anything from Brig time to a loss of rank.
    1. (a) There is one exception to the rank rule. The Chief Medical Officer D?Nari, when in her responsibility as a doctor, has the final say regarding medical issues, even countermanding up to the Chancellor?s orders.
    2. If you have significant plot ideas/missions/scenarios, you must forward them to either Chancellor SecretSister or Vice Chancellor SkyeLightrider for approval. Going off on your own and dragging the team with you will not be tolerated.
    3. Respect the TOS in all forms. We won?t deal with you, we?ll send you right to the mods.
    4. We don?t want any fighting. In character fighting is okay within limits. However, Out of Character fighting is not tolerated. Any fighting between people out of character on the Chat or RP threads will result in severe rank drop or immediate dismissal from the Outcasts.
    5. We the High Council respect your opinions. We gladly await PMs, IMs, emails, any form of communication. If you have suggestions, complaints, or any comment on the Outcasts, please tell us. However, we must ask that you keep your cool. Cursing, tempers, whining, etc. will not be tolerated. Your idea will immediately be rejected and you will be dismissed from the team.
    6. No one is exempt from these rules, not even the High Council. Catch us if we violate the rules please.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New ranking list.
    Chancellor
    Vice Chancellor
    Grand General / Fleet Admiral
    General / Admiral
    Colonel / Rear Admiral
    Lieutenant Colonel / Commodore
    Major / Captain
    Commander
    Lieutenant Commander
    Senior Lieutenant
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant Junior Grade
    Ensign
    Cadet / Flight Officer

OFFICIAL JEDI OUTCAST ROSTER

Head of State:
    Supreme Chancellor: Lissa Rosqu SECRETSISTER
    Callsign ? Hold Out
    Vice Chancellor: Skye Lightrider
    Callsign ? Unit Zero
    EXecutive Officer: Major Earwen Lightrider

Special Personnel:
    Negotiation Liason: Fleet Admiral Shadow Scout.

Fighter Maintenance Technician/ Hangar Chief ? Tlo RogueTech
    Rescu

3. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    On the planet Spica

*It was a wide valley to which the Jedi Outcasts came. The great Mon Cal 80, Stryke, floated above it in synchronous orbit like a bright star. In long lines, the starfighters had come to ground, landing in ordered rows on either side of a gleaming silver space yacht of unusual origin. Two well used shuttles, a Defiance Class Drop Ship, and a battered freighter sat at the rear of the formation. In the middle of the wide valley was a rectangular area cleared completely of the short native grass' and on that piece of bare earth was built a funeral pyre.

The fighter pilots and the occupants of the other shiips stood in silent rows on three sides of the pyre. At its head stood Supreme Chancellor Lissa Rosqu. At her side was Archon Racel Onman, Archanne Surean Onman, and Prince Juka Onman - the Royalty of the planet Onas and the father, mother and younger brother of Fuja Onman, also known as JediKnight88.

Supreme Chancellor Lissa Rosqu observed in side-long glance the Onasans who stood beside her. She had found the royal couple to be very representative of their isolationist people - cold and distant. The son, however, was painfully different. He was in his early twenties and full of energy ane curiosity. Lissa felt her eyes begin to burn. Juka was the image or his older brother - right down to the clear sky-blue eyes. Even as she watched, the young man restlessly shifted his stance. His stony-faced mother hissed at him and he became still once more.

Measured footsteps, muffled by the grasses and soil, now approached the waiting pyre. Knight's body, clad in his Jedi robes, floated as if lying on a pallet. On either side of him trod his pall bearers: Fleet Admiral ShadowScout, Knight's closest friend; Major Lance McCallister and Lieutenant Jim Palso, who had brought the Oustcasts' Leader's body out of the enemy ship, were on the right side. On the left was Admiral Lank Pavail, representing the pilots; Lieutenant Dinn Tsalisz, who had helped McCallister and Palso; and Ensign. the faithful bridge officer, representing the shiip's personnel. Vice Chancellor Skye Lightrider followed the funeral procession. The group brought the body to a stop above the pyre and gently lowered it onto its final resting place.

4. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    [Skye Lightrider opened the book that he was carrying and was about to read from it, but he closed the book and laid it on the pyre with Knight]

I know that our former Chancellor wouldn't want me to follow some book, so I will just say what I feel.

[The man looked around the group. Many were in the standard Jedi robes, heads lowered to not see ther eyes. Others were stiffly at attention in their pressed Outcasts uniforms. Skye looked closer at Knight's family, dressed in black (though rather royal looking anyway) and could sense the slight darkness emanating from the boy. Skye continued]

True leaders are not those who strive to be first but those who are first to strive and who give their all for the success of the team. True leaders are first to see the need, envision the plan, and empower the team for action. By the strength of the leader?s commitment, the power of the team is unleashed.

Knight was more than just our leader. He was our friend. No matter what problems we had, Knight was there to guide us through. Now, we shall honor him as he honored us. We send his body back to his beginning. We know his soul is one with the Force. He will always be remembered.

[Skye nodded to Lissa and produced two lit torches. Crossing over to her, he handed one torch off, then returned to stand on the opposite side of the pyre from the woman. He waited until his new Chancellor gave the word to start the cremation of their leader]

Tag: Lissa.

5. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    Supreme Chancellor Lissa Rosqu stepped from her place and slowly paced to stand beside the Vice Chancellor. The sun was setting; twilight spread across the valley as the leaders took up the torches and lit them. They strode the length of the funeral bed, touching the flames to ignition points along the way. As the fire rose up, Jedi Healer and CMO D'nari stepped forward and sang a song of hope.

Each winter as the year grows older,
    We each grow older too.
    The chill sets in a little colder;
    The verities we knew
    Seem shaken and untrue.

When race and class cry out for treason,
    When sirens call for war,
    They overshout the voice of reason,
    And scream til we ignore
    All we held dear before.

Yet I believe beyond believing,
    That Life can spring from Death;
    That growth can flower from our grieving;
    That we can catch our breath,
    For Bright Force is not death.
    (*)

As the last note faded away the fire rose, though all could see Knight's body through the flames. Suddenly, a blue aura seemed to surround the pyre. Two faint pillers took shape three meters from the foot of the pyre and from a brighter glow beyond them, a figure, hooded and cloaked, emerged. As it paced closer, the hood fell back and revealed a very feminine Catorr. Everyone who had known her immediately recognised Stryke! Her kittenish smile bloomed as she stopped before the fire and stretched out her hand. The tiny embers rising in the evening breeze turned to silver and multiplied; and from their midst, the Force Spirit of Knight rose; his body disappearing into nothingness, his robes collapsing and empty. Smiling, he took Stryke's hand and together they walked toward the glowing pillers. At that point they both stopped, turned to look back at the gathering, and smiled. Though her eyes were overflowing with happy tears, Lissa was sure that Knight had winked at the Outcasts.

The spirits lifted their hoods, obscuring their faces, turned their backs on the corporeal world and disappeared. The empty pyre collapsed. Lissa lifted her tear-soaked face and watched the flying embers disappear. She cleared her throat.*

JediKnight88 is One With the Force!

(*)Adapted for this RP only...
    Carol of Hope, Annabeth Gay, fl; l971, United Church Press.

6. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    [Skye stiffened and shuddered as the Catorr Stryke appeared. He murmured to Lissa]

She told me she would be coming here today. I didn't know that would happen though. Looks like Knight is happy though.

[Skye shuddered again as the two disappeared and Stryke's Spirit returned into his system. He could feel her mixture of sadness and happiness. Skye mentally told her he knew the feeling then stood forward again]

Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but by how we react to what happens; not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst? a spark that creates extraordinary results.

[Skye noted Knight's father nodding at this statement before he continued]

I had found this remark in Knight's personal journals. It appears to be a motto passed down throughout his family. Let us all reflect and adopt this saying, for it is Knight's desire we learn this.

What we do, echoes in eternity. Remember this.

[With that Skye lowered his head and everyone followed suit. For five minutes, the group simply watched the pyre burn to embers. Then Skye looked up.]

You all are dismissed. Do what you wish. [Skye slowly shuffled off to Earwen and hugged her]

It is done.

Tag: Everybody. Yes Everybody. The new game is now officially open.

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOC: Looks like I'll get the first non-Sel/Skye post here. :p Everyone ready for a new season of weird rides and turns? A course you are! :D

IC:
    Spica

After everything was said and done, Jim Palso remained silent. He watched the fire as it burned it's remaining fuel.

He kept his gaze on the fire. He remembered as a kid when he use to watch the campfire. Everytime a log would fall apart or being attacked by the fire, he would imagine a great space battle going in that campfire pit. He would imagine the logs being space ships and when they were hit bad enough by enemy fire, they would crack open, spilling sparks and smoke from their insides as the fire ate away at them. He saw the fire as the damage recked upon the space vessel as it caught on fire.

It was the one thing, even now as an adult, he couldn't quite shake. He could look at a campfire for hours and looking at this fire now was no different.

The only thing that drove Jim Palso's attention away were his own thoughts.

He knew his luck had run out. The dreams had been coming faster. Just now, before arriving at Spica, he had had a bad dream. The dreams were becoming clearer, no doubt, but the ending of the dream and why and how it happened still escaped Jim Palso's view.

But one thought bugged him. His luck had run out, or at least that was how he saw the dream. If he told someone else about the dreams, could they have a different point of view? Or was Palso just looking at the wrong meaning of the dreams?

Either way, he allowed those thoughts to weight heavily upon him. He looked at the group of Jedi.

That was right. They were Jedi.

He wasn't. He always felt like a outcasts upon Outcasts. And it wasn't that he wasn't valued, well that was what he hoped at least. He more saw it that he didn't have the Force. That, somewhere deep in inside of each and single member of the Outcasts, no one really trusted him. He was still a Spacer and smuggler at heart, always wanting to push further ahead.

He was chasing something, he knew that. But like his dreams, he didn't know what he was chasing.

Jim Palso kept his distance from the group, hiding a lone tear that rolled down his face. Knight was a good man, no doubt. But Palso had learned long ago that to show weakness or emotion meant death in many places and at many times.

And despite what he told people, despite how many times he told himself, Palso knew that what had kept him alive this far wasn't just his skills. Part of it was luck, the other part of it was knowing how to survive and adopt to changing events.

Tag Everyone

-Jason
    Fire Fighter
    Coraggio. Honor. Orgoglio. Dovere.

8. silverjedimaster

silverjedimaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2002
    OOC:Finally i'm here, Hey Jason!

After arriving to Spica in the last passenger freighter, the new pilot of the jedi outcasts, Silver Shan heads to the campfire.

*sits by Jim*

After sitting by Jim, he looks at him carefully, examines his expressions and determines that he is not a Jedi, but still an outcast.

Silver then looks up to space, at the stars, searching for a signal of some sort, like he always has. He puts his attention again in Jim Palso.

So, what's your name?

9. DarthSmurf

DarthSmurf Jedi Master star 5

May 10, 2003
    After the funeral Cristal found herself itching to get back into her scrubs. The clothes she had on now she had borrowed from one of the other medical officers and it was a tad formal for her tastes. The dark blue skirt and tunic were just not something one would wear while to patch people up.

Sighing, she walked as well as she could in the skirt over to someone she recognized. She noticed that Lissa had tear stained cheeks and she appeared aged? where had the youthful woman she had met on her first day?

?Hey, how you holding up? You know if you ever need to talk I?m here.?

TAG: Sel, anyone

10. silverjedimaster

Aug 6, 2002
    After a well deserved sleep, Silver wanders around the campsite
    OOC:We are in a campsite are we?

*Notices Cristal and Lissa talking*

Supreme Chancellor Rosqu, I'm, Silver Shan, I was just recruited for the Rising Stars Squadron. I'm here for whatever you may need ma'am.

Well, i think that's it, then.
    After introducing himself to the Supreme Chancellor, Silver heads back to the campfire

11. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Laine stood, watching the fire, thinking. She'd thought a lot, before, during, and after they'd arrived. It seemed that thinking was almost the only thing she'd done. I don't want to look weak, she thought. I don't want to be seen as this kid who can't handle herself. I'm not a kid, not really. I've seen too much death and too much pain and suffering to really, truly be a kid. You know, at times like this, I really miss my parents.

She looked up and saw Jim also staring into the last flames that occasionally shot up from the embers. I haven't talked to him since before we went on that patrol--I need to. I have some questions. He doesn't seem to want to talk to me. Or to any Force-user for that matter. I wonder what happened on that Star Destroyer.

She walked over to Jim and stood there, facing the dying flames like he did. "Jim?" she asked. "What's wrong?"

TAG: Jim

12. silverjedimaster

Aug 6, 2002
    Silver sees Laine
    Jim won't answer, He's very affected.

So Laine, how are you feeling?

TAG:Laine

13. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Watching in silence, and as Knight turned and walked away with Stryke. Shasa too turned and walked towards a tree.

14. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    OOC: Skye, Sel, do our characters know about their promotions yet?

IC:

She turned to the newcomer. "I don't believe I've met you. I'm Laine Snowtrekker. And I'm all right, thank you."

She held her hand out for a handshake, thinking to herself, And I'll get Jim to talk one way or the other. Even if it means tagging along after him and bugging him from here to Tatooine.

TAG: Silver, Jim

15. silverjedimaster

Aug 6, 2002
    *Extends hand out to Laine*
    My name is Silver Shan, I'm the new pilot for the Rising Stars Squadron. I've heard of you, in other starports on my way here. You're a Fallen Angel pilot, aren't you?

16. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    "Yes, I'm the leader of the Fallen Angels. I'm a lieutenant commander."

Pretty unexpected, too, she thought. After all that happened in that last fight.

TAG: Silver, Jim

17. PadawanEmily

PadawanEmily Jedi Master star 8

Oct 18, 2003
    IC as Emily:

Emily looked atht efire's brewing, she chuckled, the first chuckle she had for a while. She sighed, looking, it's gaze almost looking back at her, she sighed and walked past it. She walked past the fire and looked up to the sky, she smiled, the blue sky, or black, always got her to smile, silence was always her only escape. She hated the noise. But it seems she was always alone, on missions on everything, she smiled, she looked in a pocket, her chain she had gotten when she was real small, she laughed out loud to her self. "God, I miss home"

Tag: All or anyone

OCC: Not much..but something to start on :p

18. silverjedimaster

Aug 6, 2002
    *Looks crefully at Laine*
    <<Thinking>>

You seem a little distracted Laine, something wrong?

Tag:Laine

19. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    "Nothing's wrong. I just want to talk to Jim here and get back up into space. I feel more at home there than on any planet," she said quietly.

TAG: Jim, Silver
    OOC: I gotta head out. Homework beckons.

20. silverjedimaster

Aug 6, 2002
    Silver thinks to himself
    <<Could it be.....>>
    Silver feels the force flow through him
    <<No, it can't be...>>
    Well, Laine, I should head for bed I've got a tough day tomorrow, i've got to meet with Hangar Chief T'lo
    and with the RS Fleet Admiral.

So, i'll, see you up there.

<<She has to be the one that...>>

Silver's past has started to surfaced, will it be trouble or just a whimper within his soul?

Wel, better get some rest.

OOC: I'll be offline for a few hours so don't tag me.

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Jim Palso watched in silence as Silver Shan leaves.

He didn't say anything.

There wasn't anything to say. He was new. Probably be dead in a few weeks, Palso thought. Most of the new ones never lasted anyways. Maybe, Palso hoped in the back of his mind, this new pilot would be different.

Palso didn't even bother to look up at Laine. There was no need, really. He didn't want to talk to anyone really...not after what had happened. Or maybe it was that he didn't want to talk to anyone with the Force.

He just kept silent, looking at the fire. He looked up at Laine for a brief second and managed a weak lop-sided smile, before looking back down at the fire. The smile told Laine everything she would need to know.

Palso's smile lacked all of it's usual charm and happenies. It showed, instead, a man that was sad, sad more so for what the Force Senstatives had done. Sad that what had happened, happened. Sad that he was there and yet was powerless to do anything to stop Lance or Dinn. Sad that the other Force Senstatives had attacked that ship in pure blinded rage, without mercy...without the least bit of honor.

Tag Laine, Everyone

-Jason
    Fire Fighter
    Coraggio. Honor. Orgoglio. Dovere.

22. DarthSmurf

DarthSmurf Jedi Master star 5

May 10, 2003
    Cristal didn't wait for Lissa to reply before starting to talk again. "Chancellor, I've made an important decision that I thought I'd tell you about first." She sighed before continuing, "I've decided that I want to leave the Outcasts... I want to go out in the world and do what I planned to do after the war. I promised I would get my own practice on Coruscant... that I'd see the Galaxy on my own terms, not from battlefield to battlefield."

Cristal continued before Lissa could interrupt. "I promised myself that I'd get married and have kids... I can't do that here. I'm sorry."

TAG: Sel

OOC: Eh! So, I was looking at the past Jedi Outcasts threads today and I realized I've been around since the 7th version. That's a long time. I've met some great friends, namely: Gauri, Jon, Max and namely Mart. :p But, sadly.... out of the 4 people I mention only 1 is currently in the JO. Things just aren't the same as they used to be, truthfully and I feel it's time that I moved on. Shesh, half the time I'm not even on here anymore what the school and the whole lot. :p

I promise to still post in the social thread when I have the chance cause I'd miss Jessie's craziness, along with Jon, Rhonda, Sel and the whole lot of you crazy folk. :p

When I joined, I joined to make friends. Not to RP, not to be Chancellor, just to have fun. Well, I've had my fun and I've made friends. I've tried to RP and get up in rank but it appears I'm destined not to get high up. So, I'm really wasting my time now. ;)

Bye for now, eh!! And see you in the social thread from time to time

23. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    OOC: Yes you all know of your new ranks. The story is that there has been some time that passed between the end of the last thread and the funeral. So the reorganization was done in transit.

You are leaving us Smurf? Sorry to hear that. We will miss you a lot.

Silver looks like you are fitting in quite well. :)

24. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ooc: how do we join, or is it closed?

25. Juka

Juka Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2005
    Juka stood there next to his parents Archon Racel Onman and Archanne Surean Onman.

The wind blew the hair away from his face, revieling tears slowly trickling down his cheeks. As he watched the spirit of his Brother walk off into the force, leaving him behind once again just like before on thier homeworld planet he grew angry, upset and resentfull.

Jukas fist clenched as his father placed his hand on his shoulder. Every muscle seemed to jerk to his fathers touch as he pulled away from the mans grip.

Everything will ok son...I promise

Dont touch me...

He started to move away from his family when his fathers grip grabbed him tighter this time...

Don't you walk away from me like your brother did...I will not have it...I will not condone it...we have lost one already and will not lose another...

Juka glared at his father...

Oh you will have it Father...and you will live with it...

He turned to face all those at the ceremony

YOU WILL ALL LIVE WITH RUJAS DEATH.....For you are all to blame....You, father didnt understand and drove him away...never to return....driving him to this...He died because you forbid him to come home...to be apart of the
    family. And now he is gone....and its because of YOU

Juka Turned to Lissa and pointed his finger...

AND YOU.....where were you when my Brother needed you...huh....WHEN HE WAS DYING....WHERE WERE YOU ALL...YOU
    LET HIM DIE, HE LEFT ME JUST AS YOU LEFT HIM TO DIE...

Juka looked at his father one last time....then griped the family crest on his cloak and threw it to the ground...

And I will have no part in this family....ever again....

He tured and ran into the Valleys dense forest....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.