main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO New Lego Games?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Magellan_the_Cat, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Well, Lego has already started releasing new Batman sets, as well as Superman, Green Lantern, and Wonder-woman.
    Could it be that they might be working toward a new Lego Batman? Or possibly even Lego Justice League?

Marvel-based sets are due out next summer to go along with the Avengers movie. Maybe we'll get Lego Avengers?

With a couple of exceptions, I've been happy (sometimes even delighted) with the Lego games, so I'm hoping that they continue to make good games rather than cranking out crapfests (like LSW3).

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I would be happier if they would wait until the game is finished instead of intentionally releasing a glitched one just because someone in accounting says there's a deadline. "Besides, we'll just fix it with a patch."
    I don't imagine there are too many industries in which you can deliberately release a non-functioning item and get away with it.
    Why not just wait until the problem(s) is(are) fixed and release it then?
    Sorry--pet peeve.

Glitched Lego SW3 and Harry Potter games were annoying (especially the glitch where I had collected all 144 (or whatever) bricks, but it said I was still missing one, so I had to start all over to get to the bonus level.

Lego Hobbit, or Lego LotR would be welcome, as would Lego Marvel (Avengers?) or Lego DC (BatMan 2 or Justice League).
    Funny how many of the "new" batman sets look so similar to the old ones from a couple years ago--guess they want the sets to match LBM1, but be different for the collector geeks.

3. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
  4. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Well, yeah, when you put it that way...
    Great.
    Something to look forward to.

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    About time they announced it! I've been waiting for it since I finished Lego Batman, or am I the only one on here who got all everything in the game? Cos it hinted there would be another Lego Batman game. :p

Still, good news is good news! It'll be interesting to see who the villains are, not that I know much of DCU outside of Batman and the Superman TV series.

6. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    If they're gonna put Superman, Lex, Diana, and GL in a LEGO Batman game, why not just make it a LEGO DC Universe game?

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    My guess is that it'll either be mostly about Batman with the other characters joining in the ride or it's tying in with Lego Batman and expanding on it with other characters from DCU. Calling it Lego DCU might make people go 'ugh, not another Lego game' whereas Lego Batman 2 might make people go 'ooh, I quite liked Lego Batman, and this has more characters, I might like this one too'. I'll be honest here and say that I'll mostly be buying it for Batman.

8. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    And since Lego got the right to make sets for The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings Lego sets, maybe we'll get those movies adapted into a Lego Video game, or two.

9. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I would buy Lego: LoTR the video game.

10. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I would wait until reviews were in, lest I waste money again like LSW3.

11. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    I would love to see Lego games based on James Bond or Spiderman, maybe X-Men.

12. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    James Bond would be fun.

13. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Bond might be a bit racy for some of the kiddies.
    But they could do it. Maybe with "Klutch Powers" or whatever that character was called.
    So long as the story is ok and the puzzles are fun, I don't mind what skin is on the characters.

What about a Lego Star Trek TOS game? Nah, probably not.

Lego Spider-man could be good.
    Lego X-Men has a lot of potential.

14. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    OK, I see that Lego Harry Potter years 5-7 is out.
    Any verdict? is it as good as the first? Did they screw it up like LSW3?

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I really like Lego HP years 5-7. It is a lot like the first one but with some new spells and stuff. If you liked the first one then you like this one too. I'm tempted to say it's better than the first because of the new spells and stuff, but explaining it might be spoilery.

I got Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga the other day. I guess the good thing about the Lego games is that they're simple in terms of graphics so it doesn't look like an old game. Glad I got it as now I have the whole Saga in Lego form.

Also, I actually really like Lego Star Wars 3. It's got three story lines with 5 chapters each and one that's unlocked after you finish all three, then there's the bounty hunter missions and the space missions and battle challenges. In terms of content it has amazing value for money. I might be biased because it's Star Wars and Lego but I think it's a good game.

Lego Batman should be good with the other super heroes in it, and hopefully more variety in villains too.

16. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    I read a comment on YouTube once that said that in LSW3, you can revisit the duel between Mace Windu and Palpatine, and that if you succeed in defeating Palpatine there, you'll get an achievement/trophy called "I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?" [face_laugh] Is that right? That's awesome, if it is.

17. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I think it's just for defeating Palpatine as Windu, as in you play as Windu while the support character is Palpatine and defeat him. I haven't unlocked it but usually such achievements aren't context sensitive.

18. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I had a problem with LSW3, in that the missions didn't really have a story. You fight the arena. And then you're on the star destroyer bridge and... I took me bloody forever to find how I was supposed to go on a mission. You have to break all these bits around the holoprojector. Fine. I did. and nothing happened. So I did it again. And again. And again. And in defiance of the laws of sanity, it actually started to work. So I went on a mission. And it was one giant battle scene. So was the next one. And the next one. And I was pretty bored at this point. Not to mention disgusted. Look at LSW:Saga. There's a story with each level.
    I love lego.
    I love Star Wars.
    I love LSW 1, 2, and Saga.
    I hated LSW3. Bitter disappointment. Almost as bitter a disappointment as the prequels themselves.

So now I check first.
    Sounds like LHP2 might be decent though.
    Suppose I ought to finish watching the movies though. Or it will be like LPotC, where I'm wondering what the heck is going on in movie4.

:)

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I figured out straight away that to start a mission you stand on the thing in front of the holoprojector. Each level follows that story of the an episode in the animated series, so there is definitely a story for each one. I kinda liked the huge battles, mostly. It was like playing a Lego RTS without the resource collecting. There were three, maybe four, or so, in the actual story mode, plus there's the other mode where it is all big battles. Top left is the story mode, top middle is the battles.

20. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Well, all I can say is that LSW3 and I did not mix. If I hadn't seen the cartoon, I'd have had no idea, based on what was shown, what they were even trying to accomplish, or why I was doing anything.
    Enough of that.

Sounds like in about 6 months, when it goes from $50 down to $20, I should pick up Harry Potter 2.
    and 3 months after that, Batman2. Maybe even Lego Lord of the Rings by Winter Solstice...

Something to look forward to...

21. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Well, while the boards were down, I went though both LHP2 and LBM2. When bored I tried LIJ2--that was a mistake and a half.
    So, back to the good stuff.
    Lego Batman 2 had some music I've been trying to track down. It wasn't in Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, or Dark Knight rises. During the mission in the basement of Arkham, during the attack on Luthor's juggernaught, and Wayne Tower, there is music I'm not familiar with. Does anyone know where it comes from?

I thought it was neat that when you fly around town with Superman, you get the superman theme. Pity they didn't do anything similar with Green Lantern or Wonder Woman. Also, I don't like unlocking the last character when you finish the last puzzle. "Oh, now that you've done everything, here's another character you can play with, that is just a slight cosmetic variation of one you already have." Great. Also, it would have been good to have Bat Girl and Night Wing able to get the suits that Batman and Robin can use, as in the first game. As is, they really don't do much of anything. Also, why isn't sinestro able to use his ring with the neat cosmetic effects as GL? In the vehicle levels, why can't you use anything except the vehicle that was in Story mode? Heck, it doesn't even matter what character you select: when you play a vehicle level in freeplay, you get batman and Robin or batman and superman. Period.
    Oh well, still an enjoyable game.
    And this time, when you complete a minikit, it actually does something for you--you get a vehicle to drive/fly/pilot around. So the game is improving.

22. kameron b

kameron b Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2012
    i liked lego star wars 3. it was a bit hard at first but a guide online helped a lot. lego star wars tcs was the hardest one to beat for me. i still need the online player achievement. if anyone is in the same boat just send me a message and we will play.

23. jedi yuki

jedi yuki Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2012
    well...it seem that Lego lord of the rings will be up at the end of october, before the movie, The Hobitt. Hopefully it'll be a good game. Should be available on all platforms, except no mention of wii-U.:)

24. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I can't remember if I have Lego LotR on preorder. I normally do that with Lego games.

But yeah, Lego Batman 2 is amazing, and Lego Harry Potter 2 is fantastic. I'm not sure what to expect from Lego LotR though. Lego Star Wars had the cantina as a hub, Lego Batman had the batcave, and Lego Harry Potter had Diagon Alley and The Leaky Cauldron. I can't really think of any single location that's central to the story.

25. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    The Cantina isn't central to all the Star Wars movies. It could just be Minas Tirith/the Shire/any other location.