main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ottawa New Ottawa FanForce Chapter?? Interested?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by VaderFanForever, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Hello all!! I see by some of the threads that there is a bit of intrest in starting a Star Wars club. How about an Ottawa FanForce chapter??

I am part of the 501st, and have 3 others in the Ottawa area from the 501st. with costumes as well. I would like others with costume, wheather they be bad guys or good guys to become a chapter of Fanforce. All we need are at least 3 people and 3 offical meeting to make us offical.

So, what do you say? Is there any interest out there? And will there be after ROTS is long gone? I hope so, because I've wanted to get a chapter going ever since I moved here 7 years ago.

Let's hear from you...fellow Star Wars fans!! Let's show some Star Wars passion!!

I hope to hear from you!

2. Mauve

Mauve Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2005
    I was at CII and CIII and the 501st kick butt! Great people, awesome costumes. They also do a lot of work for charity events.

I think it would be great if a chapter started here in Ottawa. :)

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Hey!

The Rebel Legion kicks butt too!!

(obligatory plug)

4. Lil_Miss_Amidala

Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    I think it would be popular. It could be run like SOAP (Society for Ottawa Anime Protection). They run through both UOttawa and Carleton so they can take advantage of Clubs Week and the viewing rooms and stuff, but there are also meetings for everyone, students and non.

If we can create a FanForce Chapter and somebody is interested in this idea, I'd be more than willing to help with the UOttawa section.

5. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    just wanted to say hi vaderfanforever, we met you at the steak and shake on saturday night i think :)

6. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Hey there liannb! Yep, that was me. I was sitting with bobafett25!! It was great to meet you guys!!

As for the 501st kicking butt...thanks!! It was a blast for me being in costume and taking pics! The other groups were excellent as well!! We all kicked butt!

And as for a Fanforce chapter, let's do it! I will find out what the offical rules are to make us offical. What I would like from you guys, is an honest commitment to follow through with this, and to stick with it. I don't want to do all this work, and then have everyone back out on me. I hope you can understand that. This will take patients and a ot of work to get it going!! I hope I can count on you!!

I would also like to get evryones eamil address who is interested in the chapter. That way, I can update everyone at once!!

So, like I said, let's do this!!

By the way...does anyone have tickets for the 12:01 shoing of ROTS at Silver City? If so, I will be there to see it. Maybe we could all meet eachother and all sit together. What do you think?

7. Mauve

Mauve Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2005
    Yes, Rebel Legion kicks butt too! :D

8. Dudemeyster

Dudemeyster Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    I'm definitely up for this, and I know a few people I could get to come out as well :)

9. Frobro00

Frobro00 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    I'd be up for this. It sounds like fun. I'm sure I could get a few friends to go for this as well.

10. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    I'm just wondering, what would a FanForce chapter do? Would we have regular meetings, or just events? I've been looking to make a Costuming Club type thing at UOttawa, but I'm worried there wouldn't be enough interest. I'd be interested in helping why any potential costuming events though. :)

11. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Amidala, yes, we would have regular scheduled meetings, and group events. It would be cool if there were more people with costumes!!

People, what costumes do you have? I myself have a Darth Vader. If you don't have a costume, would you be able to aquire one with little trouble? Please let me know!!

12. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    I will have the Lavender Nightgown.. soon. I hope to have it ready in the next two weeks, but I have no money to buy the silk satin.

13. DarthColiseum

DarthColiseum Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    Just thought I'd let all other Ottawans know how awesome EP3 is as I saw it in Montreal today (trade screening). A wonderful finale to the series and it answers pretty much all the questions left open in the other episodes.

14. Dudemeyster

Dudemeyster Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Talked to the Co-President of the Star Wars Club at my school (which would be me if I had the time), and he says he thinks a few of us would be up for it for sure :)

15. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Hi all. I've been lurking on these boards for some time, but I haven't posted much. I live in Ottawa too, so I thought I'd speak up! I've just recently got a Stormtrooper outfit actually, and I'm getting some last minute pieces together for it for a Star Wars day with my work on the 21st.

A FanForce Chapter would be cool, since I don't know a lot of Star Wars fans. I'd be interested in that if it were organized!

16. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Basment...Hi!! I am actually trying to get something done for Silver City on opening day. Any extra guys would be great! So far, this is what I have:

Darth Vader - me
    Boba Fett - Friend
    Imperial Royal Guard/Black Stormtrooper - Friend
    Stormtrooper - Friend

having more troops would be great! I will update about the theatre when I have news! Stay Tuned!!

17. Hudson1138

Hudson1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2005
    I have my tickets for STAR WARS 12:01 at silvercity

18. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Silver City Update:

I just spoke with the manager at Silver City. he says that we can coms in costume to the theatre on Thursday, the 19th, the first actual day of the release. HE said that we should make our presents known! I would love to have as many Stormtroopers and bad guys as possible. The first showing of the day is at Noon, so I'd like to have you at the theatre at about 11am to get ready.

So, either Pm me, or email me, and we will figure it out!! I hope to hear from you!!

19. SwInOttawa

SwInOttawa Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    I'm totally intrested in helping setup an Ottawa FanForce group. I've setup a little blog that we can discuess local fan force events at.

http://swinottawa.blogspot.com/

I've been a fan since I saw the now named "A new hope" movie when I was a child. I know fans are hard to come by in Ottawa area.

Let me know! Let's do this and let's have a lot of fun!

Questions? E-mail me at mmarch@gmail.com

20. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    SWinOttawa, will you be going to the first screening of Episode 3? And if so, which theatre will you be in?

Yes!! Let's get a Fanforce going!!!

21. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    To all who want to have a Ottawa FanForce Chapter:

If you are very serious, here is my daytime phone number: 256-6360. I am VERY serious about getting a chapter going. And if you would like to join me, then give me a call with the following info:

Name
    What part of town you are in
    Do you have a costume?

If you want, you can also email it to me at the following adress: elyseandelijah@aol.com

Come on people! Let's do this for real!!

Elijah - vaderfanforever

22. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    What exactly would be involved in becoming a member? I live in Ottawa 8 months in the year, and right now I'm an hour away from Ottawa. Is call just to find out who will be going to the EPIII thing to try make it one of the FanForce events we need to hold?

23. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Amidala, if you think meeting for Episode 3 would make a great first meeting, then I agree with you. The only problem is that not everyone who wants the chapter will be going to the same theatre. I will be at Silver City. What theatre do you plan on attending?

VFF

24. Hudson1138

Hudson1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2005
    im going to the first first showing at 1201 am :) i wish ud be there but alas it seems as though your going for the noon showing!

25. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Hudson, who are you talking to? If it is me, I will be there for the 12:01 am showing!! I am planning on coming back to the theatre before the first showing on the 19th in my Vader costume for a few hours!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.