main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ottawa New Ottawa FanForce Chapter?? Interested?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by VaderFanForever, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hudson1138

Hudson1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2005
    yea in our cinema (9) everyone was booing the ads at the beginning and cheering wildly when 20th Century Fox, Lucasfilm, A long time ago, and STAR WARS came on the screen!

2. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    I have not heard from anyone for a while. Has your interest for a FanForce chapter died off? People, I would really like to get this off the ground, but I will need your help!!

3. Lil_Miss_Amidala

Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Well, I'm now just waiting to hear when the first event will be, and then see if I can go. Like, as soon as people have decided on when they want to go see EpIII or something, make a new post that has the final details or something..

4. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    don't get discouraged, it takes a while to get groups up and running

5. Dudemeyster

Dudemeyster Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
  6. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    I'm with my frobroo
    I'll be up for stuff, school and work permitting, of course. Last minute meetings and events are definitely out for me, but with a few weeks' warning I should be able to make just about anything.
    But I'll be honest n upfront. I'm lazy. I could say I'll help planning something but I know I wouldn't actually do it. :>

7. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    Yeah, that's pretty much the way I am too. I'll come to events and stuff, but I'm no help during the summer planning. If you wanted to have a FanForce booth at UOttawa clubs week, I'd probably help then, but that seems to be it for me at the moment. :p All we need is someone to just make a decision and tell us when to go. We need a Vader. :p

8. macleod72

macleod72 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    IT would be interesting to see one on its feet here..

9. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
    I'm still interested...and up too late :p

I can probably make it to anything after this week :)

10. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Amidala...what and when do you need a Vader for? If you need one, I am your Sith! I have the complete costume. LEt me know. Send me a PM or email with the details and I will see if I can work it out!!

And as for our first meeting...I will try to work something out soon...what I would like to know from you guys is...what day will woprk best for all of you? If I know that , then we can go from there.

11. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    Lol. I mean we need someone to just made decisions and force us to act on them. I would have said we need a dictator, but I figured I'd use a Star Wars reference instead.

However, if you do want to advertise FanForce Ottawa during UOttawa clubs week, a Vader would probably be cool to have around. :p

Oh, and it has to be a weekend, meeting in a easily accessable (either with lots of cheap parking or near a major bus centre), and in the afternoon. If it's in a public place, that'll make it easier to find for me as well. For example, meet at Don Cherry's on a Saturday afternoon for lunch to get to know everyone and try make a plan. It's right on Rideau with a parking lot next door, the Transitway isn't too far away.. But, yeah, that's only a off the top of my head suggestion.

12. Frobro00

Frobro00 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    i'm still up for this. i just need a time, place and date and i'll do my best to be there and i know Mokitty will be there too

13. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    Okay, since nobody else is jumping forward, I'm going to say that I will be in Ottawa Saturday July 16th for 101 Week training, so I will be able to go to a meet up that evening. It would have to downtown or VERY easy to find/get to though.

14. macleod72

macleod72 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    If that sounds like a plan coming together, I will see what I can do

15. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Amidala...do you know how to get to AMC in Kanata? If not, we could meet at Famous Players on Carling Ave. I'm not sure which one would be more convenient for most people...I have a feeling that it would be Famous Players.

If Amidala will be in town, I think this would be a great opportunity to meet up for the first time!!!

Let's get something worked out for the 16th! That would be great.

16. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
    I can try, but no promises. I'm good for either theatre, though I could walk to the AMC :p

17. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    The AMC is a place I can find with great ease! I won't be able to be very long (like, an hour, maybe?). It all depends on if I'm going by train or car. I'm hoping car, because then I don't have to panic over catching the right bus. :p

18. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Well, I kinda was planning on catching Episode 3 one more time, and I don't think an hour would work. Why wouldn't you be able to stay longer?

19. macleod72

macleod72 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    AMC area sounds good...

What time would you be looking at?

20. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Well, I am not sure, because by the time next weekend rolls around, the times for ROTS might be even less. I don't know how much longer the movie is playing.

21. macleod72

macleod72 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    That is very true, I am sure it will be still playing, though the AMC seemed to be quick to kill-off the afternoon showings...

22. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    Mostly because I'll be either limited to the train schedule, or I'll be using my parent's car, which they may appreciate back. I'll also have just finished 6 hours of training, so I don't think I'll be much in the mood for a 3 hour movie. However, I totally suggest you all go to a movie, and I can come by, say hi, hang out for a bit and then leave before the movie.

23. Frobro00

Frobro00 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    I'm up for another showing of ROTS, and i'm sure Mokitty will want to come along too.

24. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    That would be great!

I was starting to look into next Saturday, the 16th of July...possibly an afternoon showing. Bring all who would want to come. This would probably be my last time (6th) seeing it before it comes to DVD.

Please let me know where you guys would like to go, and we will take it from there!!

25. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
    This'll be my second last(7th) time seeing it if I can make it. I still need to see it with my cousin when she gets here from BC :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.