main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New to the Boston Rebels? Post Here!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Meriwyn, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Hi JKCH...if you're from the Boston area, welcome, and we hope we can see you at a meet in the future. If you aren't, well, welcome anyway. Happy posting, in any event. :D

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    A hearty welcome to both of our new visitors. Hope to see you around the boards often!

3. Izeah_Kaine

Izeah_Kaine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2006
    How's it goin. I'm new here and just figured since we live in the same state id say hi. I shoulda came here before!!

4. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Sorry for getting back late on this Izeah, but welcome to the Boston forum. Happy posting, and we hope to see you at a future meet. :D

5. Izeah_Kaine

Izeah_Kaine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2006
    Where would those be held??

6. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Izeah

When we do have meets, they will be planned on this board and the details posted.

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Welcome aboard I_K!

Meets are held irregularly and sometimes in joint with other local FF's. When these meets do take place, they will be mentioned in the scrolling yellow type at the top of the page as well as in an independant thread complete with all of the necessary details. Unless something last-minute comes up, our next scheduled meet will be November 18-19 at the Super MegaFest convention held annually in Framingham, MA. If you plan on attending, be sure to stop by and introduce yourself.

?DW

8. Lt_Lark

Lt_Lark Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2006
    DO you have to be living in boston or mass or can you live in maine?

9. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    You can post here, Lt_Lark, but I don't know how many meets you'll be able to attend, given the distance from Maine. FYI, there is a Maine forum here. :D

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Welcome to the boards L_L. While the Maine group may be geographically closer to you, you're always welcome here in Boston. Stop by and post whenever the urge hits!

Look forward to seeing you around.
    ?DW

11. Garrett_Skymaster

Garrett_Skymaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2006
    I'm new around here, and was given a link here on my welcome thread. I live on Fort Devens(near Harvard) not to far from Boston, and thought that I would check this out. Hello.

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Welcome aboard G_S! Sorry it took me so long to respond, been a bit buzy as of late.

Anyhow, drop on by the boards whenever you have a spare moment and if you have any questions, feel free to fire away!

BTW: Next month (Nov. 18-19) we'll be sponsoring a table at the Boston SuperMegaFest in Framingham. If you're in the area, stop by and say 'hi!'

-DW

13. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Welcome Garrett...if you're on MySpace, I'd like to invite you to check out our page there. :)

14. marajade128

marajade128 Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2002
    not really new...just been out of the loop a long while!!!

aim: silygoose57
    myspace: dani__Jo

hi all!!!

howd the con go today...

i wanted to go but I heard Morena baccarin had to cancel...

so I decided to spend the day continuing to recover from my cold from hell on my couch watching football!!

cant wait to hear all about it tho

--- dani ---

15. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Welcome back Dani,

SMF went well this past weekend. We managed to raise $426 for our chosen charity, the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism. Glad you heard about the last-minute cancelations. There were alot of unhappy Firefly fans there on Saturday who didn't find out until they showed up at the show. It was too bad because I think her opting out, along with people like Roddy Piper and David Prowse really hurt the turnout this year.

16. Nate2161

Nate2161 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2007
    hey, I'm nate. Didn't even know that the force. net had regional forums. So I am new. I'm not really from boston though. I live is Sturbridge.

17. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Welcome aboard Nate. Don't worry about living out in the outer rim ;), most of us are not located inside Boston. I'm currently located out in Hopkinton.

Regardless, welcome to the boards! If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask!

?DW

18. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Welcome Nate :D

19. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Hello all! Drew here. My wife (PinkYaddle) is also on here. We're new to the Worcester area. I've already been to a Foxboro meet, but thought I'd say hello here, as well.

BTW, I'm having a Derby Day Party where all the Foxboro folks are invited (May 5th this year). I'd like to extend an invite to you all as well. We've put a bid in on a larger house, so I'd like to get LOTS OF PEOPLE THERE. Come by and enjoy a Mint Julep!

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Thanks for posting and for the invite Drew. Feel free to post your Derby meet details in a separate thread if you'd like.

21. TricksterGoddess11

TricksterGoddess11 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 11, 2003
    Ello Everyone,

My name is Cavalyn. I'm not exactly new but its been a while since I've talked to anyone on here. Lets see... the only meet I went to was one to go see One of the Lord of the Rings... not sure which one but it was al Salon Pond Mall so it's been a while. I just wanted to get re-involved. ^_^

I'm 19 now and going to college in Boston at Emerson. So yeah I guess that?s it. ^_^

22. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Good that you've decided to delurk, Trickster. And thanks for the add on MySpace, as well. :D

23. RebelAllianceBarbie

RebelAllianceBarbie Jedi Knight

Jan 6, 2007
    Hey, sort of new here. Been on the TF.N boards since I was 13 or 14 (Not using that account...I'm 20 now and not about to share the stupid things I said when I was a young stupid fangirl haha) and I'm a member of the Rebel Legion, Alderaan Base. I'll soon be joining the 501st, New England Garrison. I was at SMF, I was wearing Padme's lake gown there. You might remember me, you might not. (I've since retired that costume...waaay too innacurate.)

And if any of you are not going to the parade in southie today--GO! We have a ton of people in costume--about 50-60! I'm doing either mustafar Padme or Jaina, depending on how much abuse I can stand from the cold lol.

24. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Don't be a stranger, Barbie. Wish I could be a spectator @ the parade today, but my little nephew's b-day party is @ noon.

25. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I remember you from SMF RAB. Inaccurate or not, it was still a very nice costume. Welcome aboard and don't be a stranger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.