main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Toy Wars II Select pic (from our latest shoot & very happy with it!)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by niennumb1, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    We just shot one of our biggest scenes and I have a still from that shoot. The guy who looks worried in the middle is the main actor. I think it somewhat is a good takeoff on the EPII club area.

[image=http://www.seattlestarwars.com/~toywars/select_6_02.jpg]

2. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    that looks really good

3. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    This baby is shaping up to look real slick! Go for it, man! Can't wait to see the latest installment!

4. Gardulo

Gardulo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    NY ?????

5. Jedi_Master_dude

Jedi_Master_dude Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2001
    SWEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Can't wait for this movie!

NUMBER ONE TOY WARS FAN!

6. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    gardulo,

Someone just happened to be wearing a NY hat.

The environment was pretty uncontrollable, so we had our script and did the big parts we needed, but had to do what we could out there with the crowds. It was a special invite only party. It was so worth the money and everyone seemed very nice who approached us in asking what we were doing. When it's all edited down I think it will look great! Some shots I absolutely couldn't get, but I'm not complaining. it was on a upper floor and HOTTER THAN YOU KNOW WHAT! It was like shooting in an oven for 3 hours. Constant sweat dripping down my forehead and my whole body felt I ran through a sprinkler (and I don't sweat much). I'll remember that as being one of the most difficult shoots I have done as far as trying to put up with the heat and trying to think at the same time.

ALL SELECT PICS HERE

7. guruguy

guruguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    Looks great. You do some pretty ambitous crowd scenes. I'm still surprised by the lack of people in CC looking at the camera and ruining the shot in the last TW. This shot looks as if you've managed the same again.

BTW, your website pic for may19 almost looks as if it is shot underwater. What is this picture of?

8. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    That select picture from may 19 is not underwater, but actually shot in a hallway with a blue filter in a mattebox to create a cold look. We have this wherever there is a scene taking place in the DHE headquarters (the bad guys). That particular clip was an imported clip of an explosion clip from a digital film library. Also there was an imported smoke shot that was mixed with it to add to the effect.

I don't want to reveal what this scene entails, but it is a funny moment in the movie.

I have been very suprised with the large crowd scenes we've shot. The whole time we were shooting this club scene 1 or 2 people looked at the camera, but that won't be in the movie, for luckily they did that after the shot I needed was done. I was suprised as well with the Chuck E. Cheese stuff we got. Not one person looked at the camera, not even any kids! So we definitely have been lucking out!

Hope you enjoy the movie when it's done! This pic will be a clip placed into the upcoming Trailer B which we will be announcing when we're closer to being done with all of our shooting and will feature more of the action scenes we have lined up.

Thanks for your comments and thoughts!

9. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
  10. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    I have a couple new ones to show you if you're interested!

[image=http://www.seattlestarwars.com/~toywars/SELECT_07_12_02.gif]

[image=http://www.seattlestarwars.com/~toywars/SELECT_07_13_02.gif]

11. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    HEHEHE! SWEET!

12. Saintstoryteller

Saintstoryteller Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 6, 2000
    So, when is the eta on this film anyway Nien?

Saint

13. Dezion-Karr

Dezion-Karr Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Nien, this looks great! ~ However I'm curious, what happened to the UFF series?

:( Bring back UFF!

~DK~

14. guruguy

guruguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    That's kind of funny Dezion! :)
    In the UFF thread I almost posted Nien to encourage not forgetting the TPSC project.

Just goes to show you can't please all of the people all the time.

I like UFF but TPSC has been long in the making. I'd hate to see it fall by the wayside due to other interests.

15. Dezion-Karr

Dezion-Karr Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Agreed.

Nien don't get me wrong, I'm looking quite forward to this as well. :)

~DK~

16. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    Hi!

Thanks for all your concerns!

To try and answer them a at once in a nutshell, lemme just say that it is hard to balance the new UFF shorts when we kick into gear with more Toy Wars shoots. When we get the off time we will definitely get into the UFF shorts again. Right now my focus is getting our next trailer out by mid-late August. While STILL not all of the footage will be completed by then and most likely won't have a couple of the most climactic scenes shot, we feel it is time people see our final trailer before release of the movie so they can at least see what is to come! That's not to say that we won't release anything else... We may run a few of those short commercial spots like they did with AOTC like the Clone Trooper one or the Anakin spot. In this instance we would probably reveal a bit more footage.

We guarantee the trailer to be packed full of shots from a variety of scenes, but at the same time not giving anything away (I hate when trailers do that). I can also gurantee there won't be any space battles, so hopefully you will enjoy the visuals I have along with some good dialogue.

Can you believe it's been since last October when I premiered Trailer A? You guys must be ripping your hair out! Well rest easy, for it's being worked on now and I will make an announcement when the trailer date is set for.

Thanks!!!

Ryan

P.S. Here's another snapshot for you all!
    [image=http://www.seattlestarwars.com/~toywars/SELECT_05_20_02.gif]

17. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    JMD,

Is there anything that ISN'T "sweet!" with you?! j/k

19. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Looks great, Nien! Nice quality!

...but PLEASE encode in JPG!

~Neszis~

20. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    Ya acctually, but GUESS WHAT! I'm the NUMBER ONE TOY WARS FAN!!!! HEHE! I've seen it 4 times now!

21. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    JPGs right here! If you prefer them to be in this format in the future I'll do so. I'm just trying to think of saving load time.

NOTE: Pics will be as grainy as the GIFs since they were just converted and saved from the GIF images.

[image=http://www.seattlestarwars.com/~toywars/select01.jpg]
    [image=http://www.seattlestarwars.com/~toywars/select02.jpg]
    [image=http://www.seattlestarwars.com/~toywars/select03.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.