main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA New Tulare County Fanforce Members, check in here!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Greetings! You have taken your first step into a larger world!

Welcome to the Tulare County, CA Fanforce forum. Here you can meet fellow fans in your area and plan meetings and events. If you are interested in joining this group, please post here. To help us learn a little about you, please post a little information about yourself:

Name: (First is fine)
    SW Related Interests:
    Non-SW Related Interests: {So we know what other activites you might like)
    How did you get started on SW: ("Hello, My Name is Jennifer, & I've been a SW addict since I was 7. . ." - It's fun to share this one).

I will be happy to start us off.

Name: Shawn
    SW Related Interests: Collecting and Costuming
    Non-SW Related Interests: I enjoy LOTR, reading and spending time with family and friends.
    How did you get started on SW: My love of Star Wars started at an early age. I grew up on the OT. As a child I collected every toy possible and had hours of fun playing with them. Just prior to ROTJ being released I sat through and watched ANH and ESB everyday for an entire summer at one of the theaters near my house. I would sit through 2 showings a day. Now that was an awesome summer.

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok here goes.

Name: Kim

Interest in SW: From the moment that the first ship crossed the screen on May 23, 1977 at the very FIRST showing at 10:00 a.m. I was hooked. Then I saw the Millennium Falcon and was in love. (I still think it is the most georgous ship EVER).

I hooked up with others (first known as the LA SW group, then the CA SW group, then just THE SW group.) We did a lot of live stuff for the theaters, visited a lot of schools and a lot of Children's Hospitals. Made friends that are more like family that I still have to this day.

My love is costume recreation (especially from individual characters from the films), interacting with others, lightsaber fighting (also currently learning live steel) and generally having fun in this wonderful universe and continuing to make new friends from all over.

See everyone soon.

3. Anakins_Frustration

Anakins_Frustration Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2003
    Hello My NAme is Tiffany
    I'm 18 I will turn 19 in may
    i live in tulare ,ca
    I like to do the starwars costumes
    and i play senator amidala or padm`e as she is known to us
    i like to paint and draw ,read books and i like to spend time wiht my husband to be
    anakin.
    i first got started when my husband to be had me go to the midnight showing of episode 2 where we waited 8 hours to see the movie that where i met kim and josie for the first time and we all became real good friends.
    thats my story now lets here from someone else.

Anakins_Frustration

4. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Hello! I'm in Bakersfield, but I thought I'd introduce myself here since there seems to be a participation problem with the Bakersfield people.. so maybe I'll crash one or two of your meetings. ;)

Name: Rosemary
    SW Related Interests: Toy Collecting (mainly action figures) and Props and Costumes. I have a Jedi costume and am working on a Biker Scout.

I'm from Minnesota where I was Co-CR of The Minnesota Force, where I made more friends than I can count. I'm a convention junkie, but my big event of the year is always Comic-Con in San Diego. :)

Non-SW Related Interests: Ninja Turtles, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter.. Sci-Fi/Fantasy in general
    How did you get started on SW: While I had seen the movies when I was little, it really wasn't until the Special Editions came out that I got hooked and uh... slightly obsessive? :)

5. Master--AshTohn

Master--AshTohn Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2003
    Hi,

My name is Josie Figueroa.
    I am 48 years young and I have enjoyed every minute of it those years.
    I live in Visalia, California ? Tulare County. I was originally born and raised in Los Angeles and I moved to the Central Valley - for a slower placed life style to work on my art career. I am a Fine Artist (Portraits) and Muralist. I have done several Star Wars paintings ? (check out my web site and see ? www.josie-figueroa.com), as well as several Murals, in Lindsay, and Visalia.

I have been a Star Wars fan since it premiered in ?77, enjoying many of the openings in costume, recreated from the movies. I was part of a group known as the L.A. SW Group, then the CA STAR WARS Group, then just The Star Wars Group for many years. As part of ?the group? we did a lot of live stuff, appearing in costume at the theaters putting on shows for the paying customers as well visits to schools and hospitals up and down the state bringing smiles and favorite heroes to the children. My friends and I have attended SciFi Conventions for years. My SW friends from then are still my friends today, just a part of my family and my life.

The Star Wars Saga continues and so does meeting new people who love it as I do. I look forward to being a part of the Tulare County Division of the FanForce Family. My hope is that we find FORCE followers in our area and meet you at your borders!

May The Force Be With You!

6. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Thanks to everyone for helping get this off the ground. Jedi_Riibu, You are more than welcome to come on up and join us. The more the merrier. Check the briefings section for times or just message me for more info. This Thursdays meeting has been changed to Friday. Look in the Briefings Topic for more on that.

Force Be With You

- Master "k""

7. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Ultimate_Mamas_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    ok my name is charles boling

i am 18

i live in tipton ,california

i like everything starwars

i also enjoy swordfighting , photography,
    rats, pirates , cats.

i fell in love with the mystery of boba fett
    i even have a cat named boba fett we call him boba for short!

8. tvgrluvsw

tvgrluvsw Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    my name is Debbie
    im from Bakersfield, Ca though originally from Orange county
    i love star wars, since i was 4 and it came to theaters, you can do the math
    i paint, draw and write.
    i will be making a fan film shortly , i love to discuss anything star wars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.