main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA New Years's Eve

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Nat, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Wherever you all are tonight, enjoy the new year celebrations!

2. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'll try, though I currently have pneumonia so I won't be going anywhere. :(

3. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I'm sorry, I completely forgot about the part-ay tonight. Hope you all have fun, drink plenty for me.

I hope the new year is a good one for everyone.

4. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, it wa just me and Kart last night. And Kart's dad. I cooked and no one came :( We didn't drink and I ended up leaving at 11.30pm and saw in the New Year on my Pat Malone (nothing new there). Not going to another New Year's party - ever again.

5. sithmastersimon

sithmastersimon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Awwwww Nat that's terrible :( I hope this year is a stark contrast to last night for you though, im sure it will be

I didn't get out of work till 3:30 this morning and my housemates said they would wait up for me, but they had all piked it by the time I got home, which is understandable since it was 2 hours later than I said I'd be home!

Hope you all have a good year

6. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    The upside is, I brought all the food home with me, and now I won't have to cook the rest of the weekend.

7. Symmbian

Symmbian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2004
    I ended up working back later than I should have, and then looked at the roster to realise I had to be on the 1st to work. I had expect the idiot owner to schedule the store to be closed so people could recover the day after. Alas..no.

8. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    It's the last time I ever organise anything here. If nobody bothers, why try

9. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I think the mentality of most Perth people is they'll only go out somewhere if there's some big names and a $50+ price on the ticket. :p I've long since learned that I'd rather be at a small party with good friends than at some big event with a bunch of pretentious prats. Organising events in a place where such things aren't well supported can suck, which I think is why a WA starwars fanclub was probably never a good idea.

10. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000

ps - only nat and kart confirmed that you were attending (unless many folk gave responses other than on the forum), not really suprised at the turn out then.

Special occasion dates (christmas, ny eve) are never good times for some people to attend anyway.

[edit: pointless whine removed]

11. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Bit of a bugger that no one turned up.

I ended up having dinner at a nice little italian place in Mt Lawley then went into Northbridge for free drinks at the Bog, a few more drinks at the Paramount and then a triple cheeseburger at 4:30 this morning.

Not a bad night in the end.

12. sithmastersimon

Apr 17, 2005
    was the little Italian place called Sienas?

13. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, I can't say there was no warning that an event was being planned - the thread was started on Dec 7th.

I went to all that trouble to cook, and no one showed up. Looks like Kart and I won't be organising anything anytime soon.

14. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Certainly was.

15. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    ps - only nat and kart confirmed that you were attending (unless many folk gave responses other than on the forum), not really suprised at the turn out then.

There were other confirmations from people outside of this forum until last minute cancellations.

Either way, I don't care anymore anyway, so end of story.

16. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Fair enough then. Only having read the forums, could only see the forementioned confirmations.

But, I apologize anyway for my absense if it was expected.

Does this mean the 22nd bbq is off?

17. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm pretty sure it's going ahead. One of the last two WAFFER meets that I will be attending.

18. Symmbian

Symmbian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2004
    Without offending anyone (since I have the knack somehow, apparently me being me) but I have to agree with some of the others here, NYE and christmas etc arent really good event dates. In my family especially, we get people that come up with "Oh wait, wouldnt it be great if we climbed everest for christmas!" Which sounds good and well but then someone comes up with something crazier, you get the idea.

I feel for Nat, I can't cook to save myself, so someone willing to cook something, ANYTHING for me is worth attending, just for that by itself.

Anyways by the looks I wont be attending any meets in '06 purely because most, if anyone is going to hold them, a; they happen on a sat/sun and b; Im as interesting as pulling teeth. On a whackier note, has anyone ever seen any software that the group could use either with a webcam or voice chat, maybe we could have cyberwaffer and everyone could make it.

Symm

19. sithmastersimon

Apr 17, 2005
    Sunday 22nd is still definately on, the only thing that has changed is the food, it is not a bbq it is now pizza

That being said allow me to share this - I haven't met many of you before but from postings on here and our mutual love of star wars, I can see that you are a great bunch....BUT, some of the messages left on here post-NYE were less than joyful, now I understand that something was planned, some people said they were going to attend and they didn't, fair enough, I understand the reason for your 'pissedoffness', however I don't share the fact that this should affect or cause a cancellation of the next get-together. I hope this doesn't come across harsh or offend anyone because thats NOT the intention, I'm just a little worried that on the day, no one is going to be in the right mood for a WAFFER get-together, much less get on with eachother. I understand you all cant make it, that's fine, those of you that can, its going to be a great day coz I have a lot planned - Food, Drinks, Movies, Games, should be good.

Anyway that's more than enough from me, I don't normally post anything this long, so I'm gonna walk back into the shadows now, ciao [face_peace]

20. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    *Zips lips*

I'm shutting up now. I'm just not in the greatest of moods right now, so the littlest thing will set me off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.