main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

=*==Newbie Welcome Party - This is the place to visit!==*=

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    How are you today? Better? Hopefully. :)

I'm sorry and I don't know what to say. :(

I can imagine how happy you was. :)
    How long did you need for the title and intro? ;) :p

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I am still coughing a lot but I do feel a little better.

That is alright, I will get by. That is the one advantage to getting tips at some of the houses I go to. I will have enough to eat and put gas in my car.

I was really happy. :D

:eek: :p

It took me maybe 10-15 minutes for the intro. I PMed a copy of itto to Daniel to see what he thought. He said it looked good to him. The title only took a couple minutes.

Please tell me what you honestly think of my title and into.

3. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    At least a little bit. Maybe going to bed early could help? :)

Btw I still have a headache... it's getting annoying. [face_frustrated]

Tips are always great. :D

When I do an intro or so, I always wonder why it take so much time. Didn't you wonder about the same thing, too? ;)

Honestly, I like your intro. It is really good that you linked to the old version, because there are some people who like to (re-)read the old version. It's also good that you kept the intro short, because long intros aren't read that well as short ones. (That's one point I'm worried about for Adoptions, since I have to add a bit, but I have to explain it and that's why it could become long. But I want to avoid a long intro.)
    The only thing I didn't like that much is that you've posted the first post. You have already hugged all people in your intro and all the people you named haven't shown up at the new thread yet. Plus newbies will wonder who those people are, since they start with the new one and not necessarily have read the old one.

But all in all, it's a good one. :)

4. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Sorry you still have a headache. :(

If it wasn't for the cough, I would be great. I don't feel sick since I slept about 11 hours and have been taking antibiotics since Wednesday. Since I slept until about 5pm, I am not tired enough to sleep yet.

I did wonder about why it takes so long to do even a short intro. I was debating whether or not to make the first post. I really didn't think about what you just said. [face_blush]

I guess I didn't do too bad concidering it was my first "official" thread. :D

5. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I see. But it might be still a good idea to go to bed earlier as usual. Even if you just lie down and read a bit or so. :)

As I said you did well. :) And I'm sure that if you ask ten different people you'll get ten different opinions and how to improve and so on. So don't care too much about it. ;) :)

6. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I didn't get upset by what said. :) I only asked you because it was basically your idea to have me do it. I am not going to worry about it. :)

For some reason, I have a headache coming on now. [face_frustrated]
    I took a couple Tylonal though so it should go away shortly.

I may lay down in a little while. Not now though. ;)

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I see. Then it is ok. :)
    I was just worrying. :)

Hopefully the medicine will help. I hate to take medicines, that's why I'm waiting a bit longer before I take medicine against my headache, but I think I have to take some soon. [face_plain]

Ok. :D

8. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I don't like taking them either. There is one I have to take everyday for my blood pressure. [face_plain] I ended up in the hospital because I felt so bad the last time I forgot to take it. I don't want to do that again.

One advantage to me being sick like I have been the past few days is that I will lose more weight. :p

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's true, although it isn't the best time to loose weight. ;)
    Something that happen to me most of the times I'm ill and have to lie in bed is that I loose the appetite of a certain food. For example pancake. I loved them but then I got ill, ate one of them and since then I don't like them that much. First I couldn't eat one single pancake, but after some months I could eat one every now and then again. I always hope that that happened to chocolate to me. :p

10. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I don't lose my appetite for certain foods, I just completely lose my appetite. I have to force myself to eat something to keep from getting too weak. I'm not a real big fan of pancakes anyway. I hope I never lose my liking of lasagna.

You know you don't want to lose your appetite for chocolate. ;)

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Sure, I don't want to, but it would be good. :p

Yep, Lasagne is something great, if it is selfmade. =P~

12. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    There is no better kind. =P~ I wish I could make some for all my friends to try. I think you would like it.

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Would be nice, but since it is too far away I think I have to stick with the local pizza service, which is quite good. :)

14. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    It is hard to get a really good lasagna in my city. I haven't found the right resturant yet. I guess I will just have to keep making it myself. Maybe I should write down my recipe and share it that way. [face_thinking]

What do you have planned for today?

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Maybe (really) selfmade ones are even better, but I haven't done one by myself yet. But I will for sure. ;)
    Don't you have a homepage? Why not putting all your favorite recipes on it? :)

Nothing big. I want to visit a friend to give him back his sleeping bag, which I borrowed from him for the meeting. And after that I'm going to visit my boyfriend and we're having dinner together. And beside of that I think I'll go and read a bit soon and maybe do a walk, but not sure about that yet, since it is really cold outside. ;)

16. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    Do any of you watch LOST?

17. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I do have a website. So far I only have one recipe linked on there. That will change though. ;)

Lanna has sent me a couple recipes I still need to try. They sound really good. =P~

How cold is it there? It is about -1C here.

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Quellonis, I've watched LOST (the first season) and I love it and I hope the next season will come out soon. *prays*
    Is it out in the USA already? :)

That sounds good. Please, let me know when you have put up more recipes to your homepage. :)

I don't know. But it must be around -1, too.

19. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I haven't seen it, DQ.

I will let you know, Skiara. :)

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You should watch it. It's a great series IMO. :)

Thanks. :)

21. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I will check it out. :)

You are welcome. :)

Well, I guess I am going to let you do some reading. A friend of mine just got online and is IMing me.

Have a good day and a goodnight, Skiara. [:D]
    Take care and I will see you tomorrow. :)
    Bye

22. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    They already have the second season in progress, on TV.

23. The_Crow

The_Crow Jedi Master star 4

Jan 10, 2006
    hi everyone. my name's diogo and I'm from portugal. this is my second account in the JC, I first signed here in Oct '05 as anakin_dv, but I created a new one so I could change my nick. I really love star wars. I started to watch the movies when i was 3 ou 4 years old(now i'm 16), because my father loves the classic trilogy. I love the JC and I come here everyday, 'cause I think it's a great way to learn more about SW and to make good friends. I' always posted in the portuguese board, this is my first post outside it. cya

p.s. sorry my english :p

24. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Welcome The_Crow:)

I would like to get your lasagna recipe, DG. I love lasagna

25. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Hello Crow

Hi lissa [:D]
    As soon as I get it wrote down, I will send it to you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.