main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No Confirmation from Douglas Theatres, yet

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Jedi_Liz, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atticis

Atticis Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    I answered the poll. I am going to do some more harrassing on the phone and head to southpointe tonight again if we don't here anything by the end of business today. I will keep you all posted.

Atticis, Who is having an intergalatic breakdown

2. Atticis

Atticis Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Talked to a guy at Douglas and he said that they should make a decision tomorrow afternoon and will post it on the website.

Somehow I am not holding my breath

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Atticis, would you like to join the fanforce? If so, just introduce yourself in the Bug Eaters cantina.

And, keep us informed!

4. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    :mad: Tomorrow is only, like, 10 days too late :mad: Stupid Douglas...

5. Cowwithoutbrain

Cowwithoutbrain Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2000
    NEW INFORMATION:

as of 5 minutes ago: they will have a midnight showing only at southpointe and they will start selling at 15 minutes before the first showing on monday, thats 4:15. otherwise the showings will be at their normal times on thursday.

6. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    ?[face_plain] First showing on Monday?? What?? ?[face_plain]

Edit: First time didn't make too much sense...

7. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    cow, how did you get this information?! the woman I spoke to earlier did not have any information.

Well, I guess next monday, I better hurry and get there early. I better give my dad the news.

I was planning on SOuthpointe anyway.

8. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    first showing monday means *three days* before the movie they will be selling the tickets ---> meaning on Thursday.

What is the plan? will someone try to buy tickets for the midnight showing for all of us? Please?

9. Crisi83

Crisi83 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    I just got off the phone with Southpoint also, and they said the same things. So is anyone else willing to stand in line? I work all day, but two of my friends will stand in line from early that morning (dropping them off on my way to work I think), as long as I lend them my laptop. I'll show up with them in line at 3 when I get off work. If anyone wants to join our line group, that'd be fine. Other then that, if they limit it to only 6 per person like last time, we can get 18 tickets so far. We might even spend the night the night before, but thats not for certian.

~Crisi~

10. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I'm in :D See, I knew we would have a chance to stand in line this time!! I just didn't think that it would be that late... we should also be thinking about t-shirts...

11. Cowwithoutbrain

May 6, 2000
    when i spoke to her, she said i was only the second person she told. i hurried up and posted here right away. i already have a friend that will get me a ticket, who knows, maybe multiple friends.

sorry if i hadnt made that post too clear, i was anxious to get some info out.

12. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    how did you get a person at Southpointe? Usually they only have a recording.

Okay, we need to know who is going to try to get a ticket for the midnight showing - or more specifically, who can go. If I can try to convince my dad, I might be able to go to the midnight one (but my dad would have to drive me).

We want t-shirts so we can get on television!!!!!

13. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Everybody needs to go the the T-Shirt and Name threads NOW!! It's urgent. Let's get this thing off the ground!! :D :D :D

14. Atticis

Atticis Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Ok let me get this straight. Tickets for all times including the midnight screening will be available for sale around 4 next Monday. What time is everyone going to go get in line?

15. Atticis

Atticis Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Oh, and what number did you use to get a hold of a live person at Southpointe

16. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I hope to get in line sometime over the weekend. :) That is if other people are participating... The number should be somewhere on the first page I believe.

17. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    the phone # I posted was probably for Douglas Theatre's general office. The different phone #'s for the theatres are just recordings. They are not manned by human beings, only robots.

18. Cowwithoutbrain

May 6, 2000
    i used the phone number that was posted. if you guys really wanna camp, you should try to beat out our nerd club group. we will probably have people there by saturday...

19. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    why don't we all work together to get tickets? I am probably the only one that will be there for midnight (besides Crisi83 and Alanna82) because I don't have work or school the next day.

20. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I would definetely be there for midnight too... :D (I won't let that chance slip away again...)

21. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I'm still trying to talk my dad into taking me to the midnight showing, but I doubt it will happen :(

22. euthanasia

euthanasia Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    i just received this in the mail
    STAR WARS TICKET SALES MAY 7, 2002

We now have the following information for everyone regarding theatres, times, etc., for
    ?Attack of the Clones?:

OMAHA
    20 GRAND TWIN CREEK CINEMA CENTER Q CINEMA 9
    All theatres have the same show times of 12:50, 4:00, 7:00, and 9:55 (Matinee time of 12:50 is on weekends only right now).
    Tickets are on sale NOW. There will be a Midnight show at the Cinema Center only, and that will be on Wednesday, May 15th. (This is actually 12:01am Thursday!).

LINCOLN
    SOUTH POINTE EAST PARK THE LINCOLN

The South Pointe and the East Park have show times of 1:00, 4:00, 7:00, and 9:55. The Lincoln has show times of 2:00, 5:20, and 8:15. (Matinee times of 1:00 and 2:00 are weekends only at all three theatres for right now).
    The South Pointe and the East Park will begin selling tickets on Monday, May 13th. The Lincoln can only sell day-of, not in advance.
    The South Pointe will have a Midnight show on Wednesday, May 15th (This is actually 12:01am Thursday!).

I hope that this answers all of your questions. Thank you for your patience as we awaited word from Fox about ticket sales, etc. Enjoy the Show!

Debby Brehm
    Vice President

23. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    We were patient?? ;)

24. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Thank you for your patience as we awaited word from Fox about ticket sales, etc. Enjoy the Show!

[face_laugh] Do they know who we are?

25. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Exactly Arwen! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.