main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** Notice of Possible Board Deletion ***

Discussion in 'Archive: Northern England UK' started by Yoshee, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    From my experience I wouldn't try and fill the shoes the US have because European chapters don't seem to be like those in the US or Canada for that matter.

1. yes North American chapters do alot of charity work, which I wouldn't mind doing but there doesn't seem to be much enthusiam for it on these boards.

2. American chapters seem to talk about SW a lot more than we do ;) SW is a common factor between us but we seem to speak about a wider range of topics.

But yes you are right when people see that there aren't meets going on or that a chapter seems quiet people tend to not come back too often if at all.

There are alot of UK posters on the JC but not sure how often people check here. I believe in some cases there are people who don't find out about the FF for sometime things like what tim suggested of links in signatures and profiles are a good way of encouraging more people as well as posting in a variety of places like the welcome new users forum. This helps bring new members in and possibly the chance of more people in particular areas which will help get a chapter going.

I'm hoping this makes sense as I am quite tired as it's 11:20pm where I am at the moment :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.