main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN November Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Layren, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drthmrl

drthmrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    thanks everyone! i will finally be able to go to a meeting!! hehe

2. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    That was the idea. ;)

3. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    So where would you guys like to meet? We picked a time it seems like.

4. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Well... I think that Ankar's place we had our first meeting at was pretty good. Maybe it's usually more crowded than it was during Hurricane Ivan, but it seemed like it had plenty of space, and it's as good as place as any, I suppose.

If anyone else has a suggestion, please post soon... We have a week to decide and Layren needs to get the info sent to Miniacia.

5. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    We also need to start planning when the December meeting can be held. After that, we should aim for a regular meeting "day" every month. What days of the week are good for everyone? Are Monday's good, or are weekends better? Then we can say "every 3rd xxxxday" will be meeting day. Then all we have to worry about is the "where" part. :p

My wife says I'm the indecisive one, so PLEASE let's not all be that way! LOL!

6. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    Ankar's is fine with me, or we could try to do the whole Sir Gooney's thing...hehehe...

Other than that, we could meet at McKays, Dragon Cave comic shop, any number of restaurants, etc. What do we want out of this meeting--a more formal "talking" meeting or a fun meeting, or a combo of the two? That would help us suggest ideas about where--if we knew what we wanted to do.

Any of our new guys care to make a suggestion? :)

7. drthmrl

Jul 31, 2003
    i think that the meeting should be both talkative and fun. why welse would a group of star wars geeks meet together in puplic? ;) im all about some putt-putt. i do play golf after all. not to mention its located right in the middle of the best part of chattanooga. everything is located all around it.

8. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Allrighty-then! Is everyone ok with Sir Gooney's for mini-golf on Monday the 15th? We can get all the meeting-type stuff done during play.

9. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Whose going to carry around the datapad to take notes? *looks at Jason*

Sounds like fun. I hope it doesn't rain. :)

What time? And, should it rain, should we just meet at Ankars or have another "alternative" place picked out (see, we do learn!)?

10. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Anybody have deja vu? Didn't we try this once already and it was pouring down rain :p Somebody should call Sir Gooney's and make sure they're open this time of year. Sometimes places like that close early when it starts getting cool. Just a thought. Esepcially now that it gets dark so early.

11. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    I won't be able to get there until 7:00, but feel free to start w/o me. We'll just assume I get all "holes-in-ones" so I can catch up. ;)

And yeah, if it rains (knowing our luck), we'll just run across the parking lot to Ankar's.

12. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    If it's too cold, let's play inside, OK? We could play laser tag. :) :) :)

13. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    OK, sounds fun! Sir Gooney's or bust!

14. drthmrl

Jul 31, 2003
    im there dude's!!! ;)

15. mr_nightmarez

mr_nightmarez Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2003
    I'm making plans to be there too...

BTW: I'm baaaacckk ; now that Halloween is over...

Hope to see you all there!

16. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    I guess you're over your busy season, eh? Monday should be a blast! I have another camera on the way, but I don't know if it'll be here by Monday. If not, can anyone else take some pics for the website? Sounds like we may have the largest group showing yet!

17. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    I have a 35 mm, and might be able to bring my video camerea that takes stills, but the digital camera I was borrowing has been reconfiscated by my friends, so is that OK? :)

18. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Whatever you feel comfortable with, SarkaVrae. Actually, I might have a digital camera that I got free with an EarthLink account a few years ago. Nothing fancy (to say the least), but it did work at one time. LOL. I'll see if I can find that just in case. No sense spending money on developing film if we don't have to, but it wouldn't be the best quality. Pics or not, we'll have a great time.

I believe Layren has an open challange to everyone on the Pod Racer game (which they have at Sir Gooney's). Any takers?

19. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    LOL!

I played the pod racer game at ChuckECheese not too long ago and I was sooooo bad at it! I guess the small controllers on my XBOX has spoiled me-though it was neat to play with the controls. :)

I'd love to play some paintball (they got that outside, right?) if its not too cold, or slay you all in laser tag a couple of times. [face_laugh]

Someone should totally come up with a lightsaber dual you can do in a laser tag facility. Now, that would be some fun! lol

20. drthmrl

Jul 31, 2003
    i have a digital camera i can bring. and, i'll take up the challange on the pod racer game. i mastered the game on PS2 but only played the arcade sit-down version a few times. should be interesting non the less. ;)

21. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    My money is on Layren! lol

22. drthmrl

Jul 31, 2003
    Sarkevrea, you rebel scum!!! ;)

23. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Better a scummy rebel than an evil darth, Mearl!

24. drthmrl

Jul 31, 2003
    AS you wishhh. hehe

25. mr_nightmarez

mr_nightmarez Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2003
    Yeah... Busy time of year has passed. What a year!
    We ran nearly 8,000 people in 13 nights. Our best year since we started.
    Unless I get grounded or something major hits, I plan on showing up for a bit Monday.

If I can EVER get my theatre room done, (Fall 2005!)
    I should be able to hold some "movie nights" or meetings at my home. I still need to work on my costume - or break down and purchase... GEEEZZZZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.