main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NR election

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ValinHalcyon, Oct 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralCaesar

GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2000
    Ok hellspit no offense but, continually saying you vote for winter doesn't count as extra votes for her. plus she is already winning

2. HellSpit

HellSpit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2000
    Well that was a offical vote

3. GrandAdmiralCaesar

Oct 10, 2000
    4 minutes... c'mon, c'mon :: wispering :: fey'lya,fey'lya....

4. HellSpit

Aug 25, 2000
    Winter Celchu Winter Celchu Winter Celchu
    Not wispering

5. junio

junio Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    Oh well, if Leia isn't available then I won't vote.

Maybe I could vote for her as an independent candidate.

6. Joyoda

Joyoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 1999
    Winter

7. HellSpit

Aug 25, 2000
    Yes another for Winter Celchu

8. ValinHalcyon

ValinHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2000
    3 more minutes

9. ValinHalcyon

Aug 31, 2000
    No votes will be accepted after 8:00 board time.

10. HellSpit

Aug 25, 2000
    And Winter Celchu will bring peace to the galaxy by "allowing" Uber Jedi HellSpit to kick some vong ass with some suncrushers and death stars
    maybe a galaxy gun or 2 hehe

11. ValinHalcyon

Aug 31, 2000
    Voting is now closed please wait for official announcement when votes are talied!

12. HellSpit

Aug 25, 2000
    Bah i made Winter Celchu won thing already

13. GrandAdmiralCaesar

Oct 10, 2000
    Some closing words:

I would like to thank everyone in the republic for electing us. We have done are best. Though given time we may have done better.. we did not. We hope to work with Chief Celchu to achieve an end to this war and to care for the people of the Republic. I as former Chief of Staff would like to thank Valin, Mandrell, Rokangus, and everyone else. May the force be with you!

Great campaign rokangus!

14. HellSpit

Aug 25, 2000
    Damn right we had a very tastefull election nothing like earth at all.

15. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Oh man I can't look.
    (Rokangus curls in a fetal position refusing to watch the Holovid from his apartment, waiting for the final announcement.)

Someone tell me when it's all over!

[And on a side note, major 'props' to the whole Borsk campaign team. Thanks for making it real!=)]

16. ValinHalcyon

Aug 31, 2000
    Thank you for the kind words SENATOR Fey'lya. Sorry but i had to do that, we will look forward to seeing you in regular senate and specialized council meetings

17. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Winter won? Winter won!

(Rokangus proceeds to do his happy dance.)

Omigosh, I gotta tell Winter! She's still with SELCORE!

(Runs to the holovid station, and starts dialing like crazy.)

18. GrandAdmiralCaesar

Oct 10, 2000
    BTW the results were
    21 winter
    17 fey'lya

Until next time good night and may the force be with YOU!

19. ValinHalcyon

Aug 31, 2000
    Amen brother!

Goodnight all, when you awake Winter will be sworn in

20. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Thank you everyone who voted. It is you who have kept the ideals of the Republic alive by excercising your civic duty.

As you know Winter Celchu has been elected the new Chief of State of the New Republic. I am here to speak on her behalf, due to the fact that she is still working with the SELCORE relocation efforts. She has been notified of her election, and as we speak, she is on her way back to Coruscant to resume her new duties.

I am very pleased with the outcome of this election. It started as a brutal smear campaign against the different candidates. But by towards the end the respective campaigns were able to set aside their differences and address the issues like civiled beings.

I want to thank all the people who supported the Official Winter Campaign Committee. People like ValinHalcyon and Hellspit and numerous others who stuck with us till the end. Winter and we at the OWCC are forever grateful for your help and committment.

I also want to seriously congratulate the members of the Borsk Campaign. They should be proud of their efforts. It was a close race right to the end, and they certainly handled their campaign with professionalism and dignity. I offer my condolences to former Chief of Staff Borsk Fey'lya. Your continued efforts in the Senate are much appreciated.

Indeed, we have much to do if we are to save our Republic from the threat of the Vong. Speaking for the new administration, we must encourage the military and stand firmly behind it. Besides the Jedi Knights, they are our only hope of ever defeating the nefarious Vong. The Fondor Shipyards must be repaired immediately in order to resume the output of new starships.

Winter will meet with the Senate immediately after she has returned later this evening and assumed the role of Chief of State. She understands that the the views of Borsk's supporters are valid views and seeks to begin integrating them with her own policy as soon as possible.

As for myself, my job is officially done. I started out as a staunch supporter of Winter Celchu running my own unofficial little campaign. The next thing I know I am head of the Official Campaign for Winter. As far as I am concerned my job ended when Winter was elected. If Winter so desires me to take up a position in her administration, then I will do so, but if that is not the case, then I will be happy to fade into the ambiguity of civilian life.

Once again, thank you all for your support and have a pleasant evening. May the Force be with you all.

21. G'rfeeld Mandrell

G'rfeeld Mandrell Jedi Master star 1

Feb 12, 2000
    As the newly appointed Chief of Staff for Borsk Fey'lya, I will say some closing words for the Borsk's campaign.

It was a great campaign, and the Winter commitee gave us a good fight. It was a great campaign for everybody, and the people made their choice clear. Since Borsk Fey'lya cares about them, he will stay in the senate, and will carefully watch that your interests are respected.

For now the results of our campaign aren't in the books, and surely will never be, but they show what the people think on these boards.

Well, I guess we will all return to our normal boards member duties.

See ya for the next election (if the Republic survive the Vong long enough).

22. HellSpit

Aug 25, 2000
    Well what will the next election be on?

23. GrandAdmiralCaesar

Oct 10, 2000
    This Sunday.
    Also, if Valin doesn't mind I think we should make a slight change or two. For instance, we pick 5 canidates then we alloww campaign to go on for 2 days, afterwards the 2 with the most votes stays and everyone else goes. For the next 3 days only those 2 canidates can be campgianed and voted for. Also, the only votes that count are ones that say, "I vote for___", and peolpe may not change their votes unless there canidate was eliminated in the primaries. If anyone changes thier votes for a reason other than what I have listed he/she 's votes will be void for the rest of that particular election. Sound Good?

24. HellSpit

Aug 25, 2000
    NOT WHEN! What

25. GrandAdmiralCaesar

Oct 10, 2000
    The new chief of course

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.