main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Big Bad Bug (JA, Humor) COMPLETE, TAGGED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Jun 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Summary: Just what the title implies.

Disclaimer: All hail George Lucas, creator of the great universe we write in

2. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002

Qui-Gon was preparing the morning tea when he was suddenly galvanized into action by the sheer terror he felt emanating from his apprentice. Slowing only enough to Force-grab his lightsaber, Qui-Gon burst into the small ?fresher unit.

?Obi-Wan! What?s wrong?? Qui-Gon all but shouted as he quickly used both his Force sense and his eyesight to scan the bathroom for any dangers. Sensing nothing amiss, Qui-Gon turned to face his apprentice.

Obi-Wan stood backed up tightly against the shower wall, with his eyes focused on the seemingly empty air before him.

?Obi-Wan? Are you having a vision?? Qui-Gon asked softly as he began to approach his frozen apprentice. Qui-Gon had no gift for prescience, but Obi-Wan had already shown a tendency towards developing the skill.

?Master! D?don?t come any closer! It might get you!? Obi-Wan called out, briefly flicking his gaze to Qui-Gon as the Master approached the shower unit. The eye contact was brief however, as Obi-Wan turned his attention immediately back to the air in front of him.

?Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon questioned, halting his forward motion. Reaching out with his Force sense once more, the Master focused on the air in front of his Padawan. ?Oh, Obi-Wan, you really need to get over this fear,? Qui-Gon said with a resigned sigh. ?It is only a little spider, it is not going to hurt you.?

?Y?yes it is! They can jump, and bite and they?re really sithly creatures!? Obi-Wan cried without removing his gaze from the foreign intruder. ?Please Master, just kill it! It?s looking at me!?

Pinching the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger, Qui-Gon quickly released the tension and the annoyance he was feeling into the Force.

His apprentice was truly a gifted student, great at both studies and athletics. Obi-Wan was strong in the Unifying Force, and working hard at getting better in the Living Force, but when it came to spiders, his apprentice was completely helpless.

?Obi-Wan, I am not going to kill that little spider, and neither are you. It is a living creature and has just as much of a right to be here as you do. Finish up your shower, and then come out to the common room. We are going to work on getting you over this irrational fear of yours,? Qui-Gon said as he began to exit the small ?fresher.

?MASTER! You aren?t just going to leave that thing there are you? Please, if you won?t kill it, then just remove it from our quarters ok?? Obi-Wan asked in a desperate plea.

?Yes, Padawan, I am going to leave it there, and no I am not going to remove it. It is only a spider, you will be able to handle it. You must overcome this, or someday in the future you may compromise a mission with this anxiety of yours. Now finish your shower Padawan!? Qui-Gon said in a commanding tone as he returned to the kitchen.

Qui-Gon had just begun steeping the tea when he heard the sound of the ?fresher door sliding open and his apprentice padding barefoot to his quarters. \Well, I guess he was finally able to get over his irrational fear\ the Master thought with a touch of pride at his apprentice?s actions.

Just as he was preparing to congratulate Obi-Wan on overcoming such a long-standing phobia, Qui-Gon heard the sound of the ?fresher door opening again.

Curious, he stepped out of the kitchen and approached the ?fresher once more. Before he could open the door however, he heard the sound of a lightsaber activating and a war whoop from his apprentice.

?OBI-WAN KENOBI!!! YOU?D BETTER NOT HAVE JUST USED YOUR LIGHTSABER TO KILL THAT SPIDER!? Qui-Gon yelled as he slammed open the door. Standing just inside the entranceway was his Padawan, lightsaber in hand and a sheepish look on his face.

\Somehow I get I have the idea I will be spending the next few weeks in meditation\ the apprentice thought as he came face to face with his irate Master. \But somehow? I still think it was worth it\

As he sat tied to the pillar in the arena on Geonosis, Obi-Wan Kenobi remembered the incident f

3. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Very cute. A nice little interweaving of JA and AotC - and quite well written.

You should do a series of vignettes like this.

CYN

4. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks Cyn! I have written a few other short stories, that you can find on my user profile, and one other ongoing story.

5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Just found this story! Brought a huge smile to my face! :D

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Are you sure it wasn't me screaming in terror in that fresher. It looks like you have just described more than one snapshot of " me and the big mean spider" [face_laugh]

I really needed a good laugh after RRK's offering du jour.

7. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    LOL Loved it, Calais. I can just see Obi-Wan charging into the 'fresher, lightsaber lit and rasised and yelling at the top of his lungs at some poor, helpless, (but still gross) spider. [face_laugh] :D And the AofC bit was good too.

~Swede :p

8. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I loved it!!! Perfect story! :D

9. babybantha

babybantha Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    Cute, cute, cute. :D Every time I read one of your stories, I always leave with a silly image in my head. First it was Qui-Gon jumping up and down, clicking his heels. Now it's Obi-Wan charging a spider with a lightsaber. 8-}

Good job! Loved the AOTC tie-in.

10. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL!! [face_laugh] Calais, that was great!!

"It is only a little spider, it is not going to hurt you."

"Y...yes it is! They can jump, and bite and they?re really sithly creatures!" Obi-Wan cried without removing his gaze from the foreign intruder. "Please Master, just kill it! It?s looking at me!"

[face_laugh]

Poor Obi-Wan. I know how he feels. I have an irrational fear of spiders and 'creepy-crawlies' myself. :p [face_laugh]

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm on Obi's side here. It's the eight legs and just the way they move... and let's not go into their ability to come sliding down those webs... *shudders*

Excellent story Calais!!!!

12. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I encountered a spider in the shower, once - of course, I didn't have a lightsaber, only a good pair of vocal cords to scream with and run out of the bathroom.

Good times. ;) :D

Excellent vignette!

13. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Very cute. :)

14. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks everyone for the great comments! I honestly didn't expect many people to read this, seeing as how it's so short. NOT THAT I'M COMPLAINING! LOL

I think I may try to add a few more of these short humor fics as I take breaks from the everangsty The Price of Sacrifice If you have an hour or so of spare time, check it out! :)

15. Hromiko

Hromiko Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    Argh! The Force does hate me. :_| I get a good laugh from the story, enjoy writing up a little post and not thinking about evil disagreeable computers that don't understand my geochemistry homework any better than I do, then somehow manage to lose the reply to cyberspace when I go to find an appropriate face. :(

Well, this story still amuses me though I've read it a few times already. Heeheehee, there, I'm happy again. The whole idea is just too funny. And that's not even taking into account that since it's mostly happening in a shower there must be a lack of clothing. ;)

16. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Told you so?

ROTFL!!!!!

CK U R SIMPLY AMAZING!!!! Well...there's really nothing simple about it...but...ok I think I'll shut up before I confuse everyone including myself...

17. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    I read this one on an archive somewhere, I think, and I just loved it every time! ROFL! That is SUCH a fear I can relate to. [face_laugh]

18. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
  19. Nataya-Jinn

Nataya-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2002
    CALAIS. . .I have only one word to say: [face_laugh] HILARIOUS!!! [face_laugh]

Anyway, great short story and the ending. . .marvelous!! I'm still laughing! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.