main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    As I have just finished drawing up a mind map of the seven lightsaber forms :-B - for fun [face_worried] - I have come here for some therapy. And this is the first stage:

[​IMG]

laloga, obimom and ruth baulding like this.
  2. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    /faints dead away/....

3. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Hmmm, that man has eyes. There is no doubting the eye-ness of him...

Is it strange that I would rather look at the eye-ness than the bare chested Obi pics?

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, crap - now I'm having problems AGAIN and can't figure out this whole re-do photo thing (I upgraded to 11): yeech I'm impossible when it comes to technology.

Oh, I've tried searching for "bare chested Ewan" etc to make some good-alicious Obi photos but crap. Can't do a damn thing but found some - uh, interesting photos. There's this one with naked Obi & Anakin (side views, nothing exposed of any interest) flanking Ahsoka - oh, my eyes.

5. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Yeeeuuuuurrrrgggghhhh! Oh my imagination - I'll need to scrub out my mind after that image :eek:

After re-reading one of Ruth's fanfics earlier, I was wondering if anyone had made a pic of Obi in a kilt but I couldn't see anything online.

What are you having problems with?

6. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Not odd at all! :D His eyes are incredible, so much in a look. I did meet those eyes once - and oh my... having them look upon you from so close - it was an experience

laloga likes this.
  7. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Look how pretty....
    [​IMG]

obimom likes this.
  8. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Val, what trough of vile swill are you mucking around in??? [face_laugh]

9. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Eh, I wanted to make a tasteful (!!!!!!!!) but yummy Obi-Wan for you all - possibly right after Siri dumped him in a puddle.

10. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Speaking of puddles of muck... This was my inspiration for my Siri and Obi and mud installment of Jedi Don't Cuddle. The dirtyness really brings out his eyes... =P~

[​IMG]

laloga likes this.
  11. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Mission gone awry... he's in need of a hot shower, tired, weary...

[​IMG]

laloga likes this.
  12. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Man...that one Obi pic with the eyes...gorgeous!! I love those eyes...

and man - it's a wonder any Jedi girls/women could consecrate on anything with Obi-Wan arounds...

Hey, plot bunny!!

And yes, Val, I'm trying . I found I had more to fix up than I thought or I would have posted it last night. Almost there though..

And yes, I got your "cat" reference ;)

13. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    You don't like the dirty look obimom ? :)

14. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Oh I do, they're just not my favorites..

Those Obi eyes now...I was melting when I first saw the SW movies with my hubby sitting right next to me...he had no clue..:p

Ok, off to try to finish tweaking my chapter...:D

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Same as always: I can't figure out to how to move cut-out Obi (move tool, YES, I get that) to another photo. I was TRYING to find then, um, modify a bare-chested kilted Ewan by adding an Obi-Wan head, but all the bare chests are bare everything except one and 99% are far far FAR too small to work with (zoomed in they're pixalated nonsense).

I'm hopeless.

Oh and yeah - got a review that took me to task for misspelling a name - 95% "friendly rant" but still. SEE RUTH I do typos, not just you. Oh, you need to talk about your second Freudian slip.

16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Hi Val! Wow, you seem pretty frustrated here...:p And what about a Ruth Freudian slip? [face_batting]

I'm done and it's posted.

Hope everyone enjoys my cat ;)

17. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, I'm, yeah, extremely frustrated and yet, not so much since I'm venting. It kind of sucks that the few reviews I get point out typos and nothing really about the story, or totally misunderstand the point. I hate that I totally understand what I am trying to do with Elements yet can't actually DO it. I hate that I'm still unemployed and no one wants to even interview me; I hate that my downstairs neighbor is such a grump that he complains that I'm not mindful I live in a condo and have to be considerate and not "disturb" him with noise (keeping in mind that since it is a condo, he has to concede that he's going to be subject to noise unless he buys me out and keeps the condo vacant - hell, I even walk around with bare feet or slippers so as NOT to disturb him). I hate that my muse refuses to return.

On the bright side, I have my health and my fellow Obi-fans and good stories to read.

So, all in all, once I'm done ranting and raving like the lunatic I am - I'll find something pleasant and doable and smack myself for ranting and raving.

:D

18. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Oh, Val,

I'm so sorry. I am glad you are finding some comfort here, and [face_phbbbbt] to those who just want to criticize...you are such a good writer, you deserve more.

I hope things get better for you. I hope your cats at least are helping you in their purrfectly kitty ways...:)

19. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    You can always vent here Val! I'm sorry everything is just sucky. If someone reviews just to point out typos, that's just stupid and they are missing out. Everyone has typos - and it means nothing in a good story, which is what you write. Who cares about a silly misspelled word when we get to see in so much rich detail what Obi-Wan might be *thinking* - that's a gift, and I feel sorry for that reviewer that they're missing it. Things will get better!

laloga likes this.
  20. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! I'd make a bunch of faces but I don't have faces on my phone. That - that - that *so* wonderful person that left that totally rude review for you Val - you better believe I went straight to their profile and low and behold... Third story down - TYPO in their summary! Gah. The nerve of some people! Someone give me permission to call them out on it! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

laloga likes this.
  21. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    See, Val? You are loved. Ash, you have permission, although I think it might be a wee bit against the Code. The most ironic part is that Val just YESTERDAY saved me from the most hilarious Freudian slip typo:
    I typed: "pubic humiliation" instead of "public humiliation" (this is regarding Obi-Wan, who else?) -- without her, that would have gone to press so to speak.
    You seem to have more thoughtful reviews over at The Other Place, Val...?

22. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Maybe I should fix the grammar mistake on the summary of my - no less - *principle* story before I start throwing more stones :p hehe.

It's true, it might not be the most prudent thing to do, sigh, but I've always found great enlightenment in a more unique, creative and liberal interpretation of the Code ;) And I really, really want toooooo... Some people live in such un-self-aware bubbles. I just want to pop 'em.

Okay, now I'm ranting. Forgive me!

laloga likes this.
  23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I think we all know I'd be on my way to Agri-corps before I could even say Agri-corps.

...after the first time I pushed Obi-Wan into the mud because I liked the way dirt on his face made his beautiful blue eyes pop <3

laloga, obimom and ruth baulding like this.
  24. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    six or seven hours and so much chatter. I'm good everyone.

Had a life to live for a little while, but checked in on you all to make sure you kept our fav Obi up there in the lime light.
    I could imagine Obi-Wan hating being all dirty like that! You know how neat and tidy he was in his apprentice years and how well groomed as a Jedi Master.
    He didn't like being dirty.
    I am very lacking in how to do pictures, so I love it when you guys post them for me.. Thanks.

Anyway his eyes are what set me drooling, his bod is georgous his face is cute, but those eyes they're so expressive.
    My only wish is that he gains the recognition he so deserves and finds a film that puts him on the front cover of all mags and on every night time entertainment show and
    garners him an oscar.

Summer is here in Australia, Floods, Fires, and heatwaves. What more could I ask for. :)

serendipityaey likes this.
  25. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Not pubic humiliation! Anything but pubic humiliation!

:p

The mind has a way of giving away our secrets even when we're trying to be civilized.

ruth baulding, laloga and Eryndil like this.