main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obi-Wan's leap to higher ground

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Latorski, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Was he on the verge of being defeated before he did this? Or were they still at a stalemate?

Anakin says, "This is the end for you, my master."

I'm no fencing expert and was wondering what others thought or if there is an official answer.

2. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I personally think they were at a stalemate. Obi-Wan saw an "out" by jumping onto the land, I'm not sure if he expected Anakin to follow, but he did say "don't do it." The book doesn't really clear this up at all, as it happens faster than in the movie.

3. beedubew

beedubew Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    When AniVader says "This is the end for you my master." I think he was assuming that once he got into close range with no readily available escape/retreat for Obi-wan that AniVader would eventually get in a killing blow. He didn't anticipate the reverse flip onto "shore."

4. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I don't think so

As RS said, they were simply getting nowhere. And Obi-Wan, most likely, knows that in the long run - Anakin is simply stronger than him. There's very little, outside of Anakins flip over Obi Wan and landing behind him, that says that Kenobi was losing the fight. But it is made clear that in raw power, Anakin has the edge. Whether Anakin's contineously backing him down, twisting his arm or choking him.

I think in the novel (haven't read it....yet), Obi-Wan also senses Sidious approaching Mustafaaaaaaaaarrrr, so he has to call it quits.

- O_F

5. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    You are correct O_F.

Obi-Wan senses Palpatine's approach. He gives a thought to ending Anakin's suffering but doesn't think he has enough time and is not feeling all that merciful.

6. beedubew

beedubew Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Perhaps he doesn't feel merciful enough to finish off Ani, but he CERTAINLY has time. Cmon, he could have killed him in like 2 seconds and left. Obi-wan and Sidious' ships never came close to each other...

Why can Obi-wan sense Sidious coming? If he could, why couldn't Yoda sense Obi-wan and AniVader fighting and go even the odds?

I think the only reason Obi-wan was able to hang with AniVader is that he was emotional, but able to control it. Not let it effect his actions. Do a jump flip at an opponent holding higher ground or something. Given time, Ani's pure power would defeat him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.