main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Obidala/Sabewan Archive (Update 8/28/07 - Thread Adoption Notice!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AERYN_SUN, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    PS: Tell me I'm wrong, but I think Within You is closed. Sadness.

I just e-mailed the webmistress. I know acrossthestars.com, her domain is undergoing a layout change, and she does occassionally move her sites around. So I'm hoping WY has been moved to a new url. I'll let you guys know once I know something.

Keira's Guinevere is a close match to Sabe, but Guinevere is a bit manipulative in the movie and I don't see Sabe like that. I think the character that most resembles her is Elizabeth Swann. They're both strong-willed characters, and I see Sabe as the type of person that wouldn't immideatly throw herself all over Obi-Wan. Guinevere and Arthur's relationship was a bit rushed in the movie.

~aeryn

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    If I did this incorrectly, let me know and I'll edit this thread. This story is a Sabewan, even though they are not the primary couple. It is a WIP and there will be more of Obi-Wan and his wife, Sabe as the story goes along.

Title: Consorting With the Enemy
    Author: Gina and VaderLVR64
    Characters: Anakin, Padme, Luke, Leia, Obi-Wan, Sabe
    Genre: AU, romance, humor
    Summary: When the Skywalker children hatch a daring plan to save their parents' marriage, they get more than they bargained for.
    Notes: Sequel to Rules of Engagement We both needed a little break from the angst-fest of ROTS.

3. Yui-chan

Yui-chan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    I think when it comes to a strong personality, many of Keira Knightley's other characters come into mind. Although, yeah, the relationship between Guinevere and Arthur were...surprising, to say the least.

It may not be so obvious but I think that Sabé can be a lot like Jules from Bend it Like Beckham. I dunno, but Jules has a tendency of keeping things on the inside, not knowing how serious they are until something big triggers them. :p

Anyway, just to let you guys know, I've organized an archive of Sobiwan fanfics over at fanfiction.net. So if you're interested and a writer of said site, feel free to subscribe to get notified of new Sobiwan fics. Also, you can even be a staff member. I'm the manager, so just drop a line. :)

You can find the Sobiwan archive here. 83 fanfics waiting to be read![face_love]

4. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    Setting up a C2 community was a great idea Yui! PM me and tell me what a staff member needs to do and if I'm qualified I'll give you a hand!

5. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Hi all,
    Just noticed Jazzy's overly kind mention of my story and I thought I would save the trouble and post the link here. Thanks also to Yui for placing it in the C2 community on ff.n.

TITLE: The Naboo Chronicles
    AUTHOR: JediMasterRev
    ERA: Saga
    CHARACTERS: Anakin, Padme/Amidala, Obi-Wan, Sabe, Handmaidens, and OCs.
    GENRE: Drama, Action, Romance.
    SUMMARY: A post TPM AU. How would Anakin's destiny change if the Jedi intially rejected him and he stayed on Naboo to grow up? Would this keep him in the light or would the Darkside still prevail?

6. Yui-chan

Jun 10, 2001
    I suddenly realized today, that the Obidala and Sabewan shipping, despite having *one* man, coexist harmoniously with one another. No horrible ship wars! Weird, but great, huh? Why do you think that is? I guess Padmé and Sabé's friendship even spills over to their ships. ;)

Hmm...is there a fic anywhere that features BOTH ships? Obi-Wan sure is busy! [face_laugh]

7. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    My fic, "I Know" did. Obi-Wan's torn between both women.

~aeryn

8. Yui-chan

Jun 10, 2001
    Thanks for the rec, Aeryn! :)

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    No problem :)

~aeryn

10. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    A BIG HIYA to all!

11. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Hello Lady! Haven't talked to you in awhile. I should pm about the date that I had for Revenge of the Sith ;)

~aeryn

12. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    here's a new obidala story i'm working on

http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/20630718/?8

i must warn you it is a/p and obidala though, just read it, you'll soon understand.

13. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Aeryn have you heard anything about the Restless site. I have been trying for a few days now there seems to be a problem, no stories are showing up either under latest or if you go by category. I hope this site is not going down permantely.[face_worried]

14. Yui-chan

Jun 10, 2001
    Hey, there's this viggie/series of viggie up, Sabé and Obi plus baby Luke and Leia, although not togeter... :)

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=20330922&start=20708799

15. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    It's working fine for me.

~aeryn

16. Lady--Skywalker

Lady--Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    HI!

I'm a Ani/Ami shipper, but I've been reading Lady-kenobi's stories and keeping an opened mind!

PLEASE ACCEPT ME![face_praying] [face_batting]

THANK YOU!:D

17. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    that's awesome! Lady's awesome and her stories are so beautiful.

two obidala fansites and an old sobiwan fansite has reopened. [link=http://www.geocities.com/ticklesivory/Obidala/obidala.html]Always[/link] is a fansite dedicated to Obidala, features music videos, fan art, stories and a forum just for Obidala authors. [link=http://herdestiny.sith-happens.org/]Her Destiny[/link] {fanlisting for the birth of the twins in RotS, a very beautiful Obidala moment}.

Since the sobiwan network closed, sobiwan 'shippers lost many awesome sobiwan fansites. Now, I am proud to announce that we have one of them back...[link=http://withinyou.wi.funpic.org/]Within You: a sobiwan creative fansite[/link] has reopened. No new layout yet but I'm sure that will change with time.

For you Obidala fans, if you haven't stopped by [link=http://obidala.pure-thoughts.net]Obidala Sanctuary[/link], you're missing out on the goodness that is the obidala music video archive.

18. Yui-chan

Jun 10, 2001
    Hi Lady Skywalker! [face_peace]

YAY!!!! [face_cowboy] That's fantastic news!!

19. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I know :D

~aeryn

20. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    For what other characters Keira Knightley has played that most resemble Sabe, I think Elizabeth Swann would come closest. I haven't seen King Arthur, so I can't comment on Guinevere. IMO, I think Sabe's home life on Naboo may have resembled her character's in Bend it Like Beckham. Namely, her mother wants her to be pay more attention to boys and clothes, while she wants to be her own person.

21. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    :) Thanks for the update Aeryn, I love the new layout for your site.

22. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    I'll vouch for "The Kid" (as I like to call Lady--Skywalker).:cool:

I have SO MUCH wedding stuff to still do that I've yet to REALLY sit down and compose a chapter of ANY of my stories![face_tired]

HOPE everyone is JUST PEACHY!:D

Tootles!
    [face_love] :* [face_love] :*

23. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Thanks Crystal. You can also download music videos in the multimedia section by some really talented video artists!

~aeryn

24. Lady--Skywalker

Lady--Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    THANKS L-K![:D] :*

25. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Fated to Be, my Sabewan fansite is on hiatus. I'm working on a new layout and I'm going to be away for a bit at the beach. Thankfully, I won't have a lot of reorganizing to do so once everything's good, the site will be open again.

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.