main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Obidala/Sabewan Archive (Update 8/28/07 - Thread Adoption Notice!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AERYN_SUN, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Katie's back! She was right there the whole time and I never realized it until yesterday, she's already a member of sobi_fans, the livejournal community that I started. How did I realize this? I always go through my livejournal "friends" entries - it's one of the first things I do when I wake up. So I saw another a post of old sobiwan goodies and it's the same fan art that Katie made. I was so shocked.

So, here's what happened to sobiwan.com. the domain itself belongs to some company now, so if she does bring back a S/O site, it won't be sobiwan.com... maybe sobiwan.net?

Also, Ketch, the webmiss of Whispers of the Force is also thinking of bringing back her sobiwan site. This is what she said after I emailed her about it:

About Whispers of the Force:

I e-mailed the webmiss about her sobi fansite and this is what she had to say:

At the moment it's temporarily down. When I bring it back up, it's going to be with a brand spankin' new layout and a new address. I'll let everyone know when that is. So hang tight, and feel free to spread the word that I'm taking submissions again.

So, who knows? Maybe by the spring time, we'll have the return of two sobiwan fansites!!

~aeryn

2. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Bookmark this link ladies, because finally, after a long absence, the sobiwan network is coming back!! The Sobiwan Network will be reopening at the following address: <p>

sobiwan network

3. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Good I missed it and looking forward to seeing it again. the sign that is there now is very pretty. I like how she did that. "A love story" coming fall 2005. :)

4. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I know, I can't wait for it to return!

~aeryn

5. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I'm working on a new Sabewan series, this one called "Lie to Me". It's set after Padmé's funeral, when Obi-Wan goes to Tatoonie to give baby Luke to the Lars', an old friend unexpetedly follows him. It's being beta'd right now but after it's done, I should be able to start posting it.

~aeryn

6. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    I look forward to it Aeryn_Sun. :)

7. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
  8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I am proud to anounce the reopening of the sobiwan network. Katie reopened it late yesterday but I was so busy that I didn't have the time to spread more of the news.

~aeryn

9. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    =D= [face_dancing] will check it out. thanks for the info Aeryn.

Edit: Aeryn this is another site I found for obidala that you might want inthe list of obidala sites.

http://www.geocities.com/ticklesivory/Obidala/obidala.html Obidala Always

oh I forgot it does have one section that has artwork that is Rated R but the site doens't go directly into that area. the artwork that I looked at was mostly though just shirtless and you really didn't see much. but haven't been there in a while. I really like the artwork that is in the g-pg range. There is also story covers.

10. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I know about that one.

~aeryn

11. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    *peeks in*

I hope it's ok to link my story here?
    Just follow the link in my bio (Last Thoughts)...
    It's Obidala set at the end of RoTS - my first Star Wars fanfic. :D

Thanks!

12. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    It's all right, Kestral. I encourage you guys to do that because sometimes I cannot always check the boards, so posting here helps me a lot.

~aeryn

13. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I wanted to tell you all about the SOBIWAN WINTER HOLIDAY CHALLENGE over at the sobiwan network. You need to register in order to participate and be able to post. The contest runs up until December 25, 2005 and then on January 5, 2006, winners will be announced. Read more info about the contest on the first link posted.

~aeryn

14. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Cool Thank you Aeryn Sun for the info. I will have to check this out and see if I can come up with anything. Are you having any challenges on your obidala site?

15. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Aeryn,

Here's a little Sobiwan viggie I cooked up for the Winter Holiday challenge. It's posted both here and at Fate Forbidden - Song of Rest.

Enjoy all! :)

AQ

16. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    NEW :: Recently Added

AERYN_SUN
    Lie to Me
    Category: WIP
    Summary: Sabé attends Padmé's funeral and meets up with Obi-Wan. What if Sabé saw Obi-Wan at Padmé's funeral and decided to follow him to Tatooine?
    Timeframe: Post RotS
    Notes: Lie to Me has absolutely nothing to do with two of my previous Sabewan stories, Defining Us and Fallen Angels. This is a completely different story; it just so happened that I stumbled upon this plot bunny not too long after I concluded Fallen Angels.
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Sabé, Lars Family, OC, Qui-Gon

AngelQueen
    Song of Rest
    Category: Viggie
    Summary: A trip to an ancient temple on Naboo provides Obi-Wan a chance to rest from the labors of war.
    Notes: This story is a response to the Winter Holiday Challenge at Fate Forbidden.
    Timeframe: Six months post AotC
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Sabé, Anakin, Padmé

17. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
  18. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Yay! Today, Obidala Sanctuary turns 5 years old!!! I have up the layout I've been promising for months to celebrate the occasion. I hope you all like it :)

~ aeryn

19. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Aeryn,

I've been trying to get into your Obidala Sanctuary site. But all i'm getting is gibberish. I can see some posts but the icons are not showing up and it looks like some of the website is merging somewhat on itself. I've tried firefox and allowing popups and anything I could think of. Are you having trouble with it or is there something special I need to do? If not I will keep trying. thanks :)

20. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    OS moved a couple of months ago to a new domain. The new link is here, and OS's sister site, Fated to Be also moved to enchanting-dreams.net.

I thought I had mentioned it before. Now, you can update your bookmarks for both sites.

Note: Sorry, I haven't been posting very much lately. I'm in summer school and I'd been very busy. But I have been keeping tabs on new fics here. But it would help me if anyone comes across new Sabewan or Obidala fics, to post the links here in the thread.

~ aeryn

21. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
  22. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Hello to one and all! It's been TOO LONG!

I have no landline (I'm on a friend's computer)but I'll be posting some new stories soon!

[:D] :*

L-K

23. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Good to see you back Lady Kenobi.

24. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Welcome back Lady Kenobi [face_dancing] I'm back too. I know, it was a long stretch with no updates. And even more good news, I wrote a new Obidala viggie. It's called "The Hidden Memory"

~ aeryn

25. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.