main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

October meting

Discussion in 'Archive: Shenandoah and Central Virginia' started by AT-AT_Commander, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2003
    I think we were planning on the $54 for 2 hours....

And you're welcome. :) I've had fun planning this.

Do you guys have any idea where you want to eat yet?

2. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Is there a place where I can get a good steak and like a Buffet or salad bar. I've been in the mood for a steak lately. Or we can do Fast food. About the party it all depends on how the Kids act during the day if we stay. But thats something to work out closer to time.

3. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    I think Golden Corral has steak. :) And they're a buffet.

The party is at 7:00pm. We need to make sure we get my brother there on time, so I was thinking giving us an hour for eating. That would have us bowling at 4:00. Sound good?

4. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    How far are the places apart you have to consider time for that. unless everything is right next door to each other. how about 3 for bowling. that will get us out of there at 5 for the dinner hour. we can always find a place close to kill time if need be.

5. shmatt

shmatt Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    im thinking we should have a central meeting place then get going from there.

6. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Ill have too look into that. but i was thinking meeting while we were either bowling or eating dinner. But i guess since we are travelling alittle bit we could make it all dayish. I might have to skip on the party if the kids come but that will be decded on closer to time.

7. shmatt

Mar 21, 2005
    yeah we might have to skip the party also

there is somthing going on here that night until 12, will and i havent decieded if we want to skip it and go to the party or not.

8. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Speaking of the party.... I don't think my costume will be done. [face_frustrated]

Well, let's see. The bowling lane is about... five minutes from Golden Corral, max. Then the church is about five minutes as well. THey're all pretty close together.

9. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Sweet, sounds cool.

10. ForceMedic

ForceMedic Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    Can we decide on a central meeting place?
    I will be sending an announcement to be posted on the FF main page on the 21st.

11. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    I say Bowling ally, easy access and its public. And its where we are going to be at anyway.

Moonshadow , can you post the address to the bowling ally. so if we need to we can mapquest it.

12. shmatt

Mar 21, 2005
    lets see, bowling alley, golden corral, the party.

sounds good, yeah we are going to need an address to mapquest this place. we can meet up with you there and then follow you to the restaurant and the church.

13. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    I will get that, yes. I'll try and post it tonight.

EDIT:

AMF Kegler's Lanes
    2000 Seminole Trail
    Charlottesville

(I'm not sure which of these area codes it is, and I'm not sure you need it for Mapquest.... But here they are: 22901, 22902, 22903, 22905, 22906, 22911)

14. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Cool, thanks for the info Moonshadow you do good work. anyway. so to make it official.
    our next meeting will be at 3:00pm on 29th of October. We will be meeting at
    AMF Kegler's Lanes
    2000 Seminole Trail
    Charlottesville

bring money to bowl, and dinner afterwards if you want dinner.

15. ForceMedic

ForceMedic Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    In case any of your are trying to Mapquest this. 22901 is the zip you want to use.

16. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Bowling will be approximately $14.00 per person. Bring about $10 for dinner. (Golden Corral. I can't remember how much it is, but it can't be more than 10.)

It was mentioned before that y'all might not be coming to the party. Has a decision been reached?

17. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    For me I might not know till the day of. But thats because of the family. I don't know about the twins.

18. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    You guys have fun with your meeting. If you guys plan one for late november, I might be in the area (thanksgiving break) to attend.

19. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Right now thwe tentative event in November is the DVD viewin party. It will be held at proberly in Front Royal, which is where most of our meetings are held right now due to the fact most our members are here. I hope that isn't too far away for you.

20. shmatt

Mar 21, 2005
    we arent going to the halloween party.

21. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I love front royal. I used to work for the sherwin williams in Culpeper and I made store to store supply transactions with Front Royal, Charlottesville, Fredericksburg, and Warrenton. The trip to Front Royal was always my favorite because of the awesome view along the way. It's about an hour drive.....same distance to Charlottesville....maybe a little shorter.

22. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Cool i guess i better start planning the november meeting thread then hahahaha.

23. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Right now thwe tentative event in November is the DVD viewin party.

Darn! I wish I could go to that one. :( We can't buy the movies....

Anyway. No party, then. Sorry about that. :) I think your kids would have enjoyed it, AT.

3:00pm at Kegler's! :D I'll see y'all tomorrow afternoon!

24. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Can't wait ot get there. patentely counting down the hours.

25. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Same here. :) I'm excited....

All right. We will be waiting in the lobby if we get there before you. It will be a group of five; me, my mom, my sister, and my two brothers. I'm sure you'll be able to find us.... I think my sister will be dressed up pretty wackily. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.