main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OFFICIAL** Attack Of The Clones Score Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xevious

Xevious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    Wow... just downloaded a few of the tracks. I love the incorporation of the Imperial March into the Dooku and Tusken tracks (haven't downloaded them all). It all sounds great.

John Williams may give Howard Shore a run for his money next year at the Oscars. ;)

2. Spynal

Spynal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 16, 1998
    I agree with you, yes there is much less splicing than in TPM, and on the cd things have to be condensed. So you agree with me that the end credits probably aren't the version we'll hear in the theater? Because I think just having ATS then fading into the other themes like it does actually works. but I'm just not enthused about that transition from the main theme into ATS, as well as the opening music fading from TPM's music into the AotC music. I'm sure those will be different. In all the fanfares at the end in all the movies there is a common way of ending the main theme and going into the end music. And with this soundtrack some notes are cut right out that are in all other soundtracks there. know what I mean?

3. Emperor_Sebulba

Emperor_Sebulba Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2001
    I don't know about everyone else, but I miss the old days when the end titles were a medley of themes, instead of just the main single.

4. Imrahil2001

Imrahil2001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    You say this like this -isn't-. It is. So was TPM.

You just don't know all the themes well enough yet.

Ims

5. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    I think the transition sounds perfectly fine. It's not jumpy or anything, there's just that lone chord that facilitates the transition. Same as TPM.

I don't hear anything wrong with it.

6. Antilles58

Antilles58 TFNInteractive Games Programmer star 3 VIP

Jun 5, 2000
    I just downloaded the entire soundtrack (thank you to whoever i found the link from) and I am listening to across the stars as I type. It is incredible. The theme itself is very inspirational, and there is a darker tone underlying the whole track that gives the entire movie as much promise as I think it has. now to hear the rest!!!

7. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    I heard the last two tracks (Dooku and Arena ones) and I have to say they are AMAZING! One thing's for sure; even if AotC fails, no-one will be able to say the music was rubbish.

Though I'm sure it won't fail.

8. Kwenn

Mar 30, 2001
    Where can you download it from? So far I've only found three tracks (Dooku, Arena and Tatooine)

9. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    I don't know how much we're allowed to disclose, and I'd hate to get TF.N in trouble, but I do know that you can find just about anything on Napster clones, like Kazaa or WinMX.

I've listened to the whole soundtrack, and I have to say that I am extremely pleased with it. It will be interesting to see, come May, if there are any TPM-esque cuts in the score, or if it is left more intact.

10. Kwenn

Mar 30, 2001
    I've tried Kazaa. All the ones I try to download are fake or not even there.
    I found one website. If anyone knows of anymore, please tell me!

11. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    It must depend on when you log on, because I got all 14 tracks from Kazaa.

Anyways, the soundtrack will be released in 9 days. It's easy for me to say wait, since I'm listening to it now, but it's getting to the point where it's not worth obsessing about getting the tracks illegally.

12. The_Cloaked_One

The_Cloaked_One Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    I can send the songs through AIM if you have them. I have them all.

13. Kwenn

Mar 30, 2001
    I will get it soon, and no I don't have AIM

14. The_Cloaked_One

The_Cloaked_One Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    ok, well if anyone wants them and has AIM, I will send them. My AIM is Marcus32178. :) ONE MONTH LEFT!!!!

15. slavegirl

slavegirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    As I've been a bit critical of the AOTC soundtrack lately, I thought I should mention some of the things I liked about it. :)

- The Trade Federation march in Bounty Hunters Pursuit. It's a wonderful theme and I'm glad it's being used again, and I especially love the build-up towards it. Great stuff. :D

- The music at the end of Jango's Escape. It's lovely delicate music, completely different to the rest of the track, and I can't wait to see the scene that goes with it.

- The beginning music of Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale. The violins and voices make this a beautiful and slightly haunting piece of music, and my only complaint is that it's not used more often.

16. Kwenn

Mar 30, 2001
    I listened to the Zam Wessel track, and it was good, but I wondered why the electric guitar was in there. I didn't think Williams has used that in a Sw theme before.
    The Federation theme in Hot Pursuit was brilliant. And the re-occuring love theme in a few tracks is really powerful.

17. DARKAURUM

DARKAURUM Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    I know this is MAJOR MOVIE SPOILER but...
    (I think I should be allowed to post in a "SPOILER" thread)

When Confrontation with Count Dooku ends and before it goes into the finale, there is Imperial March and Across the Stars. Imp March is for when Yoda, Anakin and the rest are looking upon the Republic ships being loaded with clones. The Across the Stars love theme is for ONCE AGAIN SPOILER ALERT Anakin and Padme's wedding. The "Imp March" theme in "Tusken Camp and Homestead" is when Vader slaughters the Tuskens after Shmi dies. Anyone else agree?

END SPOILER

P.S. Does ANYONE know when the CD comes out?

18. MoffJake

MoffJake Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    Which part of the thread about the electric guitar in the Coruscant Chase scene is considered a spoiler?

Is it the mere fact that an electirc guitar is used?

Or was it discussion about the chase scene itself?

-MJ

19. DARKAURUM

DARKAURUM Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    Ok. I can burn all of the tracks that I downloaded, except for the "count dooku and finale". All the copies of that track on morpheus do not allow themselves to be burned, even though they are MP3's. MusicMatch Jukebox says that sound files that are allowed to go on CD's have to be MP3 or WAV files, not-streamed, 16 bit/sample, 44.1 Khz.

Anyway, if anyone managed to successfully burn themselves a copy of the soundtrack, I'd like to know how. (PM if you're not allowed to post the reply here). If not, I guess I'll wait until Tuesday.

20. Hamakim

Hamakim Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2001
    Hello all - I have managed to stay relatively spoiler free to this point (I know basic plot stuff, but not much past that) and I am being tempted greatly by the dark side in possibly buying the soundtrack tomorrow. For those of you who have heard it, should I just keep trying to resist or just listen to that voice inside saying, "Give yourself to the dark side." Thoughts?

21. Wolfgang187

Wolfgang187 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 8, 2002
    ok i need something explained to me. Why would they just take the opening theme from episode 1 and use it as episode 2's opening theme? I just bought the soundtrack, and this is exactly what was done. Whats the deal? For each and every SW movie they recorded the opening themes seperately. I personally could tell you the name of any SW movie by listening to its opening theme and nothing else. For us fans who can do this, and like different opening themes this sucks.

22. slavegirl

Jun 6, 2001
    The opening theme isn't exactly the same as TPM and it was recorded seperatly with the rest of the AOTC soundtrack, but it does sound very similar in some parts.

23. Wolfgang187

Apr 8, 2002
    some parts? it sounds exactly the same. even down to the transition after the main theme is precicely the same where as in all the others it was different music

24. slavegirl

Jun 6, 2001
    I'm a bit confused. Do you mean the music which plays during the opening crawl or the music after that? If it's the opening crawl, then they should be the same, as it's the same piece of music played by the same orchestra only 3 years later, and I wouldn't like that to be changed. If you mean the the music after the crawl, then yes, quite a lot of it sounds exactly like the music from TPM, which I think was a bit lazy of John Williams. That's just my opinion though. :)

25. Wolfgang187

Apr 8, 2002
    yes the music which playes during the opening crawl. yes the written music is the same for all the films, but how its played has always been different until now. For example, if you play the opening theme from episode 4 and then episode 5 you will hear the same music but theres a difference. this is because it was performed a little differently. as i said if you blindfolded me and played the crawl theme from any of the SW movies i could tell which movie it was from. With episode 2 the opening crawl theme is 100% identical to episode 1 in every way, which i think is a ripoff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.