main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL: C4 Is The Bomb Thread: C4 in LA, May 24-28 2007

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WattosWrath

WattosWrath Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2006
    Thanx to all for the info on C4. I too most certainly hope it's not in LA (for cost worries only - cause I would like to someday visit Cali) and back in Indianapolis. I've been there for both C2 and C3 and had a fantastic time. Familiar with the surrounding areas there. I'm just wondering what any of your thoughts are on convincing LucasFilm to place C4 in Indy and continue with the previous 2 celebrations successes. For myself it's much wiser to place it there and obviously more convenient for my family and I to drive there. Either way, I will make plans to go no matter where it is as long as it stays in the States.

Thanks for the link to the LA Convention. Will keep my eyes on it till I hear differently.

Just to throw some ideas into the works, was wondering how a bus trip would go over with everyone. I would assume if we knew exactly how many of us FanForce fans were going, maybe we could rent a bus? Might be cheaper then plane tickets if we all pitched in.

2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    In regards to that May 5th date, that falls right in line with the time that E3 takes place in the LACC. This year it'll be held May 12th, and its almost always around the same time period each year.

Can convention centers go from one huge ass event to another in a matter of 3 days?

For those who don't know what E3 is, its one of the largest, if not the largest gaming convention. And I might add that it tends to have a helluva lot more people attend than we saw at C3.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Just to throw some ideas into the works, was wondering how a bus trip would go over with everyone. I would assume if we knew exactly how many of us FanForce fans were going, maybe we could rent a bus? Might be cheaper then plane tickets if we all pitched in.

You might be able to do that with your local FF or a couple surrounding FF's but not all FanForce. From StL to LA on a train it would take 60 some-odd hours, I can't imagine how long a bus would take.

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    60 hours from St Louis by train? Is that via Hawaii or what? It should be somewhere in the vicinity of 20-30 hours I should think.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Trains don't always go straight there. Looking at the list, you can get there in 40 hours or so but most of them are 50-60 hours total. Driving you take the most direct route, trains have to go where there are tracks, and there just aren't all that many anymore.

6. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Yeah, trains aren't very convenient and often can cost more than a plane ticket. My wife and I were recommended to look into taking a train to C3 and we would have had to have left 2 days before the start of C3 and the train wouldn't arrive until 3 hours after the doors opened the first day, and it actually would have cost us something like $40 more per person than it did to fly.

7. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    No. You've got to have a minimum of 4 days (two for them to move out, two for you to move in, and the exhibit hall has to be cleared completely. That's for liability purposes).

Amtrak to LAX from St. Louis takes two days plus about four hours. It's a long trip.

A private charter bus idea, while ambitious, isn't gonna work. It's not like you can dismiss the coach once you get to your destination. The vehicle (and its driver) will have to hang around while the convention goes on. You're talking big bucks. Plus your driver can't drive 24 hours straight -- you'll have to stop someplace in between -- and stay in a motel -- more money to spend!

Oh, and just in case you're interested <g>: St. Louis to LA via Greyhound: 17+ hours, minimum of $225.00 round trip. I don't think you want to go there :).

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh, I already decided I was flying in. Too anxious to drive to cons, takes too long. Since it doesn't look like my fiance can go, flying there won't break the bank. Figure $200-400 round trip, not that bad really :D

9. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I know you weren't talking to me, but I just wanted to throw my opinion in anyway. :)

I actually wouldn't want it to be real close to my home. I enjoy taking trips. It's just that I think LA isn't fair to most of the country. Heck, I'd rather have it in San Diego then LA. (There's just too much expense that goes into staying in LA). Anywho, I wouldn't mind taking a fairly long trip, I just don't think putting on a coast line is fair. Like I said in my earlier post, I wouldn't like it if it was in Atlanta (which is only 4 hours from me) either. I'd think St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas, or even Denver would be fairer.

Just my 2 cents. Peace out. [face_peace] :)

10. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Its going to be in bowling green ky I heard this from a freind of a freind of a freinds uncle who is george lucas's dog's soccor mom.So there nah!!!

11. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I have already made a pact with myself and hubby and a fellow TFNer here that I will go, regardless of where it may be. No matter where it is, it will be incovenient for someone. Personally, I like the thought of going to LA, never been there and gives a great excusae to finally go. I live on the East Coast and truthfully it would be just as expensive to fly to Indy as it would be to fly to LA for me...I checked.

12. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Those are the dates they are saying LFL has it reserved, not the dates it will be open to the public. Remember that they will need days for setup and teardown.

I'm very excited to finally get some news as to where this will be and I'm excited at the prospect of coming to LA. But that is a loooonnnnggg ways from Virginia and a lot of money. Fortunately I'm graduating from college so I'm praying it will be the later part of May so it doesn't conflict with graduation. I'm starting to save up money now.

13. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Uh... guys, May 37 does not exist in the calendar :p

Anyway, I am totally looking forward to this and plan on attending be it in LA or on the moon. (okay, if it was on the moon I probably couldn't afford it :p) I'm looking forward to seeing more fellow fans. Plus I'll have a better Twi'lek costume then I had last time :p And possibly a Barriss Offee and a Mara Jade costume to show off as well :) Fun stuff!

So to those that are going, I'll see you there!

To those that aren't, I hope that things change so that you can :)

14. quigonjaf1961

quigonjaf1961 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2006
    Firstly i would like to say that it would have been nice manners if somebody had replied to my post as a newbie and someone from outside the US and at least given me a proper welcome to the board!
    Secondly i do not mind if it is in either Indianapolis or in LA that is no big deal
    Lastly the safety in LA issue, coming from the UK and Living in London makes me a very tough person(us Brits are anyway!!)We have our safe cities and our not so safe cities
    and i am not scared of anything-especially after last July when we were bombed in London,we found out just how tough and reseliant we are so LA doesnt make any difference whatsoever-all i am saying to everybody dont be afraid of anything just enjoy life and anything it brings-MTFBWY from a fan over the pond,BTW london is a great city come and visit sometime[:D] @};-

15. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002

No. You've got to have a minimum of 4 days (two for them to move out, two for you to move in, and the exhibit hall has to be cleared completely. That's for liability purposes).

Makes sense. So 4 days min which leads me to believe it won't be in early May, if its even at the LACC. Though I find it strange why there have been two different phone calls to the LACC and they both had different dates for this alleged event. Perhaps they had to push back to the end of May due to E3?

If you wish for a more proper welcome to the JC the check out WNU.

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    The lady wasn't too sure on the date when she talked to me. I kinda think the 5th is a planning date now that we have conflicting reports. Nothing to do but wait and see :D

17. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    To tske the greyhound busline it would cost probably around the same as airfare...seeings you have to get from ny to california and then back it may be cheaper to just fly....just an idea there...

dont forget these are just rumours and not the fact, for all we know it could be in colorado just like C1 was...that is if there is even going to be a C4

18. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Well, LA seems a bit more expensive to fly to compared with Indy, but on the other hand, I'm coming no matter what. It will be very expensive for me wherever it is held (since I'm coming from Europe), so I don't really care. Time to start saving money! :D

19. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I think the disadvantages outweigh the advantages when it comes to having a CIV in L.A. Inconvient, expensive, crime, city too large and easy to get lost, etc. Star Wars Celebrations are catered to US fans for the most part and it showns favoritism to the west coast. Yeah they will be people who have the money that live in midwest, east and other parts of the country that will be willing to fly but most will not go and I speak for these people who feel the same way.

20. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    we have a long way to go pretty much where ever it is but we're just happy they're having one and will be there regarless. its pretty much the same distance from here to indy as to l.a. no matter where they have it someones not going to be happy just be happy there is going to be one.

21. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    Until Star Wars.com announces anything it is not final! Anything could change between now and that time. No, Lucasfilm employee has officially confirmed a Celebration IV period. We may not even have one. I would prefer that over CIV in L.A.

22. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    I worked for official pix last time and so I wrote them.They said even if they knew they could not yet tell me then there was a smiley face hmmm....makes me still wonder if LA is a hoax.

23. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    So you'd rather no one can go to a C4 as opposed to some being able to go? They also have confirmed a Celebration 4 I believe as I remember them referring to the anticipated Celebration 4.

I mean I'm around 6 hours away from LA and I'd rather have it on the East Coast or Mid-West again as opposed to not have one at all.

24. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    No! No! NO!

Let's not asend into the rediculas here!:rolleyes:

25. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    Yeah, I think to be fair the next Celebration in 2007 or whenever it is should be in the middle of the US. No major US city is near it! The only choices to begin with would be Denver, St. Louis, and Indianapolis. I think a smaller city with less traffic would be ideal (eg-Indy) Denver and St. Louis are too big. Indy has a small hometown feel mixed with big city life. The interstates come out in a spider shape in all directions from I-69, I-70, I-65, and I-74. The Indianapolis International Airport is growing by leaps and bounds. I heard they are getting a new midfield terminal, Fedex expanding, and I believe another hotel for airport people. Indiana Convention Center starts expansion in August 2008 and will be completed in March 2010. Lucas Oil Stadium will be done in August 2008 for Colts and it with have a skywalk connected to Indiana Convention Center. It should hold 63,000 fans expandable to 70,000. We just got done hosting the NCAA Men's Championships in basketball this year, women's last year and the 2010 Men's championships and 2011 Women's Championships. Plus we host the Big Ten Men's and Women's every other year. We have the potential to host the 2011 or 2012 Super Bowl also. There is plenty of room for fans for a Celebration IV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.