main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL OFFICIAL CF PAINTBALL THREAD UPDATED 4/22

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by darthgoat, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Winter is fading fast. Spring is on the horizon!

That means one thing.

It is almost time to shoot each other with paint! It is time again for Chicago Force Paintball!

This is widely regarded as our most fun event. If it's not its damn close.

Here is the info I have right now.

When: Saturday April 29, 2006
    Where: Blastcamp Hobart, IN

More info as it becomes available. Get ready!!!

Update 4/11:

The details are in!

Our spots are reserved.

Costs are the same as last time.

$25 for equipment rentals and field fee(gun, mask, tank)
    $15 if you are bringing your own gear

Paint prices are the same as last year. I believe it was $80 per case of 2000 rounds. Expect to shoot through about 1000 rounds in the day. It depends how many times we do the Embassy. Most peeps partner up and split the case to save some green.

We'd prefer for folks to paypal inadvance. I'm almost positive that we'll have the numbers to cover the event but we'd like to make sure in advance. $27 for the rentals and $16 for bring your own. This is to cover the Paypal fees. Paypal to paypal@chicagoforce.org
    Please include your boardname and real name in the Paypal message.

Be at the field at 8:30am. First game is at 9:00am. If you are late we are rolling without you.

We will be meeting at 7:30am at Veteran's Square in Jefferson Park again this time. If you haven't been and want to get in on the caravan this is the place to be. It is right off the Metra and CTA. Buses also stop there as well. We can consolidate cars and people can park near my place. If you aren't there at 7:30 sharp I will leave without you so plan your time accordingly. Directions to come next week. If you plan on meeting at the caravan and want my cellphone number send me a PM and I'll give it to you.

Get ready folks! It is just over 2 weeks away!!

Update 4/18
    Rendezvous info!

My post below was likely missed so here is the rendezvous info.

We'll be meeting here at 7:15am.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=4849+n+Milwaukee+ave,+chicago&om=1

At 7:30 we'll consolidate vehicles, saddle up and hit the road. We'll be making a stop at Subway once we get of the expressway in Indiana to pick up some food for lunch.

If you want my cell number for whatever reason send me a PM and I'll give it to you.

Also I'll have room for at least 2 additional peeps in my car. Make sure you bring a change of clothes(and shoes!) because we'll likely be quite dirty.

Update 4/22

Google maps is smarter than me. Rendezvous location is fixed.

2. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    We say it every year, but it bears repeating: this is one event you shouldn't miss. Everyone has a great time. We reserve a private game, so it is CF people only, no PUGs.

Skill level doesn't matter.

Physical condition doesn't matter (well, maybe a little).

Financies don't matter. OK, that's a lie. Figure at least $50, plus food and drink (WATER, BRING WATER).

Check the CF archives for pictures and video from past events. It's serious fun and you're only hurting yourself if you don't go. I've been watching the 2005 video all morning and I am pumped up, baby!

3. DrJawa

DrJawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I'm in and want to agree with both of the above posts that this is one of the best CF events all year.

4. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    If I can get off I should be there my friends and I have been jones's fro paintball and I'm currently modding my gun

5. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Necessary supplies:

Long sleeve shirts and pants.
    Boots
    Hat or kerchief for the back of your noggin.
    Gloves-Protect those knuckles!!!
    Knee pads if ya like crawling around
    Lunch- This place is in the middle of nowhere and no food facilities
    Water or Gatorade

I will be there this year after missing the last 2. Heck, I even missed Jedi Jeff!!!

6. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Also, guys should remember to bring a cup, because shots to the groin do happen. I can attest to that personally... thankfully, I did have a cup.

7. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I agree with Jodo's list, except for Boots. A nicety if you have good jungle boots, but not a necessity. I wore my flight deck boots a couple times...which are of course meant for a paved flat-top and were too slippery. Good runners or cross-trainers should be fine.

Also, you'll prolly want something to wrap around your neck too, another kerchief/bandana if you have it.

Also, you can check out 2nd-hand sports stores for baseball catcher gear. A used chest-guard usually goes for less than 10 bucks. Good for chest protection and keeping cool (but certainly not a necessity). If you're wearing a good jacket it'll pretty much do the same thing.

Knee pads
    The ones for painters & carpenters can be gotten at "Continental Sales" on 65th & Cicero for about 3 bucks a pair. They're pretty much disposable, but will let you get into kneeling positions for an extended period of time and crawl around in the bush much, much more comfortably than without. I would almost call these a necessity as you'll spend almost as much time on your knees than you will on your feet (Hazmatt even more than that.)

Gloves
    All you really need is a $2 pair of cloth ones from the hardware store with the end of the trigger finger cut off. Sports stores have padded 'baller gloves for between $15-$20, I've been shot in the knuckles with both.....save your money.

D'

8. TomTav

TomTav Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    Put me down for this toooo
    After missing way to many events these last few, I cannot miss paintball

tom

9. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Tom, you have a way of apperaing on this board when there's a mention of paintball. Welcome back!!

10. Moy

Moy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2005
    I'm excited for this :] I love to paintball!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Mary

11. Brickout

Brickout Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Giddyup!

I'm in!

12. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Gee....go figure....I already have something on my schedule...
    :mad:

13. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Some more advice.....

Bring a change of clothes and a pair of shoes for the ride home. Yes, I'm anal about a clean car but I'm sure you don't want to be scraping caked mud out of your floor mats and seats the next day.

14. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    also, bring a change of undies.

just trust me on this.

15. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    And for those brave, commando-types......?

16. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    for those who go commando, there is no hope.

17. Fett402

Fett402 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    My roommate said that he would love to do this as well. He was also in the Corps so I'm sure he will be an decent addition to any team...or just another target :)

18. Brickout

Brickout Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Are we there yet?

19. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    Just over the next hill, dear. Stop hitting your sister.

20. ObiWanBottari

ObiWanBottari Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    This year we (flippingyodacola and I) will be bringing all sorts of weird safety stuff (vests, knee pads, paintball gloves, extra masks, helmets, etc.) and another pile of camoflage clothes, pod containers, belts, etc. to help our less fortunate, non packrat, space deprived friends without access to military surplus and sports castoffs.
    some thoughts: some really cheap camo clothing is availiable at Ragstock (4 locations in Chicago), from ten bucks for camo coveralls. Hockey stuff is readily availiable in flea markets, which includes chest and shoulder protection (I cut off the big shoulder things), and great shin and knee protectors and elbow pads. The best deal on new combat boots on the planet is the fleamarket on Lake St. just west of Mannhiem Rd. Paratrooper, lace-up, and tanker boots, top name brands, brand new, for THIRTY bucks! (On Sat. or Sun.) Or Maxell St. market, between Taylor and 16th St. on Canal St. in Chicago on Sunday ONLY. Another place to get all of the above is eBay, where army camo goes very cheap.
    In addition, we will also be bringing our vast arsenal of wierd, unusual, and bizarre markers, mostly acquired in the above mentioned markets.

21. TT_Boy

TT_Boy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    Chris and I will be there. maybe some others but we will let you know.

22. Fett402

Fett402 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    A note on the boots (if you buy new ones)...please, please, please do not wear them for the 1st time at the event! It took me 2 weeks to break in my boots during bootcamp, and that was wearing them close to 18 hours a day. I'm sure most of you know this, but wanted to throw my 2 cents out there for those that are...um....yeah.....

23. ObiWanBottari

ObiWanBottari Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    It definitely is true, that sometimes new boots can "break in" your feet as one of the quad city Jedi found out when he was forced to soldier on in his $800 (?) Ferragamo shoes during one of the past Mandalorean paintball battles.
    Being a costumer and an actor/clown myself, I wonder what people might think of a theme for our outing? I have been playing in scenario games and it adds to the fun. I really would like to see an Endor scene with Imperials vs. Rebels.
    Perhaps Goat might invite his 501st guys, who, like Arturo the last time, would probably really enjoy the fun. Not only that, but they could- at last- get revenge.
    I will, of course, try to come up with yet another modified S.W. costume. Anyone else up to the challenge?
    Wan Bottari

24. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    As long as I don't try to make lightsabers again, we should be OK.

25. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Those lightsabers rocked!!! Especially during my failed charge and mine broke off.

How about a S.W.A.T. shield?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.