main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion -- Clone Wars: Episode 1 (Assault on Muunilist, Part I) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by dp4m, Nov 7, 2003.

1. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    I thought it was well worth it that I declared a Clone Wars Holiday for myself today and didn't go to work just to make sure I get to see the first episode. :D

Chapter 1 was great, although I agree with some that since they included a lot of it in the promos, we've seen most of the action before.

So early in the series and we're seeing Palpy manipulating things already. Heheh. Cool.

I think the music also helped to bring the true Star Wars aura of the whole thing. I love you John Williams. :)

Padme looked kinda funny. :D

The scene where Anakin whips off his cloak and ends up on Threepio's face was hilarious.

I was surprised with Obi-Wan's line about his Master Qui-Gon not being able to prepare him for the war. I thought that line served to tie the whole thing to the movies and somehow grounded Obi-Wan's character effectively.

I wish the episodes weren't so short...

Bring on more! :)

2. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I've seen it (though I shouldn't have- our CN will show it tonight) and I loved it!!! :D :D AWESOME, but too short!

I wonder why Anakin has another droid instead of Artoo?

3. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Finally got to see Chapter 1 since it aired today in Australia and I thought it was very good. The animation was quite good as well.

Yoda riding that creature was cool :) Good to see that the Star Wars sound effects and music have been brought across from the movies to the cartoon series. Can't wait until the second part. It looks great.

4. Blackeagle

Blackeagle Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2003
    I don't know if a standard R2 unit can fit in the socket of his Jedi starfighter. The stardard jedi craft (with the R2 socket out on the wing) has to use a hardwired droid instead.

5. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Or maybe his ship is going to get mullah'd at some point. We couldn't have R2 taken out like some punk, now could we ;)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002

in addition to the reasons mentioned by Blackeagle and Blackout, doesn't Artoo belong to Padme? "hey honey, i'd like to borrow your droid and take it into the middle of a massive firefight. i'm sure everything will be OK, though."

on the pressing topic of Padme's outfit, my girlfriend said:

"wow, the war must really be bad for the economy if Padme has to get by selling herself as a two-dollar whore..."

7. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Second one is on tonite here!

8. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Just saw it here in the UK.
    Was quite impressed, even though it was 3 minutes it felt longer.
    I just loved Palpatine's decisive "Its settled then" [face_laugh]

And I love the way Anakin just smiles when Palpy is complimenting him in front of Obi-Wan & Yoda.

I still can't get enough of the touching moment between Anakin and Padme....way way way too brief IMHO.

Good start hopefully tomorrow it'll get better.

9. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    doesn't Artoo belong to Padme?

:p oh yeah.

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

10. dejabbanobodda

dejabbanobodda Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    IM NEW HERE, BUT IF YOUR CARTOON NETWORK WON'T COME IN OR IF YOU'RE NOT SIGNED UP FOR HYPERSPACE, YOU CAN WATCH THE EPISODES IN STREAMING VIDEO ON CARTOONNETWORK.COM

11. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    dejabbanobodda

a) See that caps lock button? Use it!! ALL CAPS IS REELY ANOYING!!!11!!1!

b) About CN.com, welcome to October ;)

12. MetallicPea

MetallicPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    The 3 minute length worked because we're all salivating for the next chapter.

Great job Lucasfilm.

13. GhostPoet

GhostPoet Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2000
    Am I the only one who saw significance in Anakin tossing off his cape and letting it wrap around the Droids?

To me...it kinda shows his brash, uncaring personality. To me it shows a subtle hint of the dark side.

14. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    All I saw was a Vaderesque Anakin walking to his ship (note Vader's theme as he approaches the smoke, and then the "good" music as he walks from the smoke to the ship) and casting off his Vader-type cloak, throwing it to his droid to take inside.

[image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/starwars/anakin2.jpg] [image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/starwars/anakin.jpg]
    Imperial March Music........Heroic Theme Music.

Unfortunately his droid wasn't looking as he was patting R2 and the cloak wrapped around him.

You'll notice 3PO is still holding his master's cloak in the final scene.

I certainly don't see the cloak landing on 3PO as showing Anakin's evil side - but if you do, more power to you... :D

15. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Uh, droids aren't PEOPLE you know. They're supposed to do whatever their masters need them to... Anakin just tossed him his cloak, 3P0 was just slow on the catch.

Heh heh, that girl who "REALLY" missed her droid in Knights of the Old Republic still cracks me up. [face_laugh]

16. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    BTW, jp, I did notice the Vader-esque silloette as Anakin strode through the mist and the Imperial March played.

Cool stuff indeed. :)

17. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT!
    Don't understand why some aren't too keen on Padme though? She looks beautiful, in fact, the moment between her and Anakin was more touching than anything in AOTC.
    Palpy shutting up Yoda was priceless as was Shaak Ti charging alongside the great green one.

18. paxpussey

paxpussey Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    cool,but too short....
    it was great the same

19. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I agree on that the moment between Padmé and Anakin was the best in the whole episode, it nearly made me cry. And that dress is stunning! I just love how it combines so much of elements from her AOTC costumes.

20. lighteninggun

lighteninggun Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 17, 2003
  21. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Well, I've just come in after watching Assault on Muunilinst, Part I, and...

WOW! How incredibly awesome was that? :D I was very impressed, and that episode definitely eliminated any lingering doubts that I had about this series. I was sceptical at first, but now that's definitely changed. ;)

I enjoyed the opening sequence of different action shots. The music complemented it perfectly. It was great to see different Jedi doing their things throughout the war (previews of what is to come?). Luminara and Barris were excellent. :cool:

I'm also impressed with the voices, which are actually quite good compared to those of other tie-in cartoons to films, Yoda and Obi-Wan especially so. I haven't seen Chapter Two yet, so I'm interested to find out what Anakin sounds like.

Padmé and her costume look spot on. The last sequence was very much like the end of AOTC, but I guess that was to get us ready for the rest of the series.

Overall, a wonderful beginning for what looks to be a very promising series indeed! These episodes should make for a good feature once compiled together on a DVD. :D

(If we were reviewing this, I'd be giving it 10/10.)

22. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    The first episode was the best for me. A+
    I think they have gone downhill these past 2 episodes but my spirits are high to introduce Durge tonight!

Who here loved Yoda on that Taun-Taunesque creature at the start. I DID! :D

23. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    My only minor complaint is that the music, the Imperial March and did not fit as well as it did in the movie. Across the Stars was ok. I'll live with it.Just My Opinion.

Everything was great.

24. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002

There is actually a very good answer for this.

The droids used in the Jedi fighters are not a complete droid. Just the head, really. For all intents and purposes, they are litterally part of the ship. In other words, R2 would have to be taken apart and integrated into the ship, unlike all other ship models where he just slides into a compartment.

Me = nerd.

I just watched the 4th episode a minute ago. Awesome!! Best one yet!! Lots of great violence, plus some characters we've never seen before.

Who was the big guy with the lance?

25. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Durge, uber bounty hunter. ;)