main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series *Official * General Grievous in TCW Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheTelmarine, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

This Lego commercial/thing is doing with Grievous what TCW should be doing - make Grievous in a more pivotal role and command people and communicate with Sidious.

2. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    What the heck was that LOL. I'm not really aware of the Lego Star wars bit and what they are doing. But it looks funny.

3. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    The awkward moment when you realize that LEGO is better at handling SW characters than the top people at LFL.

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    SO TRUEEEE! So true!

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Reminds me I want to go to Legoland.

6. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Does anyone else besides me want to see Grievous kidnapping Palpatine in the series? I think they pretty much have to show it since it's mentioned in the ROTS opening crawl. I'd also like to see them hunting for Sidious in The Works.

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'd much rather they leave stuff the micro series covered alone, but since on some level they seem to be acting as if the micro series doesn't exist, I wouldn't be surprised if they did rehash some of it.

8. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    It's almost like Lego version of Young Jedi. O__o

lol at Palps switching faces for a hologram.

9. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I thought that Young Jedi was TCW's version of The Padawan Menace.[face_dunno]:p

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh yeah. It kinda was and it worked great for what it was.

11. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    About Dooku training Grievous. Ventress mentions in ARC Troopers about how Dooku may have taught him how to swing a lightsaber, but that it hardly makes him her equal. So Dooku has already started training him.

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I've been watching some of the Clone Wars micro series, and my goodness, Grievous is so much more powerful than he was in TCW and ROTS. Taking on six Jedi, killing three of them and defeating the other three, that was insane. I could never imagine him doing that in TCW, but they should at make him take on at least three Jedi Knights and come out successful, that'd be epic!

DavidIX likes this.
  13. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Impossible, Young Jedi was lovely.

14. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    "A good Padawan is a dead Padawan." - Grievous

15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    ^My uncle says that about cats.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  16. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I liked YJ. :p

So does my dad..

17. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    And Mace Windu was able to machine-gun punch entire legions of battle droids into oblivion! And Obi-Wan and his clones were able to destroy droid armies with medieval jousting sticks! Why do we not see more of this? Gnash your teeth in anger! Gnash them!

General Immodet likes this.
  18. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah, the thing is I think everything was over exaggerated in the micro series, I mean in TCW we see about 10 Republic Gunships going to a planet for battle, but in the micro series there's like 1,000! Lol. But I agree that it'd be good to see some of the elements from the micro series brought into TCW.

19. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    While it was pretty cool back in the day when Grievous jumped around and did all that stuff in the previous Clone Wars series, now I think they made him rather overpowered and exaggerated. I'd almost say I like him better as he is in TCW, especially when he's at his most vicious (for example during the battle aboard the cruiser in the Young Jedi arc). The TCW Grievous is not more or less a Gary Stu type who can take on numerous Jedi at the same time, killing a bunch of them and even managing to survive being blasted by the heavy artillery of a gunship unscathed, but he is still very dangerous, lethal and feels more believable (or so to say). Compared to the old series and even ROTS, I think that in TCW, they found a pretty good balance of how Grievous should be.

Swashbucklingjedi likes this.
  20. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Somehow, it reminds me of Carl Douglas' Kung Fu Fighting.

21. Scimitar13

Scimitar13 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2013
    I love the character design for Grievous. I wish with the Clone Wars that we would actually see him win a few times, maybe even kill a few Jedi. I think seeing him lose so often kind of takes away from the idea of him being a threat and a Jedi killer. I also think it makes Obi-Wan defeating him less impressive. I still quite like the character though.

22. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I think it was on Bound for Rescue, when General Grievous landed on Obi-Wan's ship...and I was like "Hell yeah, Grievous is back for more hilarious hijinx with Obi-wan!"

Is it bad that I've come to expect comic relief from this character?

23. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Call me crazy if you like, but I think he's definitely gotten a lot better in his time since the episode-which-shall-not-be-named.

In "Massecre", he does pretty darn well. Yes, Ventress gets the upper hand in the duel. She seems to be a better fighter. But so what? Duels are for fools, and Grievous proves that he is the better warrior by actually, you know, immediately rallying and winning the war. He cuts down zombies and Nightsisters left and right, and they can't do anything about it. Even Talzin, with her ridiculous magic, proves completely impotent to stop him. In the end, he leads the CIS to a long-overdue on-screen victory.

In "Bound for Rescue", he seems to have been watching the micro-series and taking notes, because he almost seems badass as he was back then. He takes Kenobi's fleet completely by surprise, rapidly overruns it, and boards the Negotiator. He then proceeds to kill a bunch of clones with some pretty kickass moves, then forces Kenobi himself back. I've heard some criticisms of him for believing Kenobi's message and leaving the ship, as it could have been a bluff, but think about it for a second. He has nothing to gain from staying, and everything to lose. His droids have already secured the ship, and he didn't pull them back. If Kenobi was bluffing, all well and good. His army retains control of the ship, and just transmits the data to his flagship. And if he wasn't, Grievous loses some expendable droids in return for Kenobi's flagship. Not a bad trade.

In "A Necessary Bond", he is confirmed to have completely overrun Kenobi's fleet and seized control of the area's space. He takes over the pirate base easily enough, and completely dismantles or destroys it. The pirates and Jedi spend the episode fleeing before him. He still overpowers Ahsoka without too much trouble, and it is clear that without Slave I, she would have fallen. In the end, he retains complete control of the planet.

So, all in all, I think he isn't back up to his previous standards, but he is showing a definite improvement.

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I think they need to work on his character more in season six and maybe even have a Grievous arc, where Dooku would notice how his skills have not been as good as they use to, so he tell Grievous to come and train with him. So then Grievous and Dooku have a training duel and when Dooku is happy with his improvement he sends him off on a mission and says something like "You will fail if all of the Jedi are not killed, so retreat is not an option". Then we actually see Grievous kill like three or four Jedi and get his reputation back.

Why_So_Serious and DavidIX like this.
  25. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Agreed. It's really a shame that he's only killed one Jedi so far in the series, even if it was one of my favorite moments in the show. He should get some more kills against expendable or OC Jedi in, to show why he's feared as a Jedi-slayer.

Grievous going all Indiana Jones on Nahdar really made me smile, though. Silly Jedi. Always bring a gun to a sword fight. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.