main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official **NON-SPOILERS** AOTC music discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Forest Battle, I believe.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Forest Battle you believe what? Is the concert arrangement? Or is the actual film score?

3. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Ugh! The score for the trailer did not fit but oh well...it's just a trailer. :)

4. Maatkk

Maatkk Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    I'm totally with you on this one, dolphin.

5. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I'll have to wait til I see it later. So did it really spoil anything big? Like the TPM full trailer spoiled Qui-Gon's death?

6. MC3PIO

MC3PIO Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 19, 2000
    Was that new music at the end of the trailer? I swear I've never heard it in any of the films.

7. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    The last cue used in the trailer is from the concert suite of "The Forest Battle". This track can be found at the end of disc 2 on the ROTJ SE soundtrack.

8. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I gotta say... I was not all that impressed with the musical choices for this trailer. Kudos to them for not overusing Duel of the Fates but still... the music did not really fit.

9. DarthTorgo

DarthTorgo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2002
    <<I'll have to wait til I see it later. So did it really spoil anything big? Like the TPM full trailer spoiled Qui-Gon's death? >>

I actually think it did. There is a line of dialogue in the trailer about the person who is being used as a source for the clones. I'm not going to say who it is, though. If TPM's trailer bothered you, than this one will more so.

10. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    See I already knew that so it did not seem like a spoiler to me...

11. DarthTorgo

Feb 17, 2002
    <<See I already knew that so it did not seem like a spoiler to me... >>

Qui-Gon's death seems shocking to you, but you are not at all suprised by who is used for the clones?

12. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I guess seeing the hundreds of little Boba Fett kids in the early teaser kinda clued me in on that. And I knew about Jango because someone viciously spoiled me on it like 8 months ago. And I was livid at the time. I almost left the JC because of it.

13. Ewan

Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 4, 1999
    I think the use of music is one way the TPM trailers were definitely superior to the AOTC Clone War one. And perhaps the overall editing as well. The Clone War one seemed stitched together compared to TPM trailer B, which was very well crafted in terms of the excitement and sense of urgency it created-- and the music contributed vastly to that overall effect.

14. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I think the last piece of music did seem to fit (The Forest Battle), but it wasn't edited together that well - There is a slight pause when Yoda speaks at the end.

Still, I can't wait! :D

15. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I thought the editing of the trailer itself was excellent. I thought the editing and flow of the music was crap.

16. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    can anyone make a fake cover that might be clse to the real one based on the new poster?

17. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, I agree with most of your sentiments, guys. The "Forest Battle Suite" ending made it seem to happy-happy. Ugh.

Oh, but for one section I REALLY liked the music in was when Palpatine says "As my first act, I will create a grand Army of the Republic to counter the increasing threats of the separatists." Then there's that *whooshing* sound quiet, bassy sound then Sio Bibble says "There hasn't been a full-scale war since the formation of the Republic" and the Imperial march is blaring in background... Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Me like. :)

18. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I loved the new trailer. Although, I must admit that the second half of it (the Arena Battle) was a bit incoherent - too much to digest. :p I had to watch it several times. Also, I think that some of the music cues could've been different. The last cue (end of the Forest Battle from ROTJ, I believe) didn't seem to fit in there, but on the other hand, the Imperial March cue from Luke/Vader ESB battle was PERFECT! (when Dooku says: "You must join me, Obi-Wan. Together, we will destroy the Sith!") Totally awesome. :D

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Copycat. :p

20. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    They should've used Battle of Hoth music for the end of that trailer. That would've been more appropriate. I think people have been stating that it looks too cartoony mostly because of the bouncy music because the effects looked pretty damn good.

21. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Darth_Potter I can give it a go when I get home tonight... that might be fun!!

:D

22. DarthTorgo

Feb 17, 2002
    <<I think the use of music is one way the TPM trailers were definitely superior to the AOTC Clone War one. And perhaps the overall editing as well. The Clone War one seemed stitched together compared to TPM trailer B, which was very well crafted in terms of the excitement and sense of urgency it created-- and the music contributed vastly to that overall effect. >>

I hate to say it, but I thought TPM's trailers were better than the actual movie.

23. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Darth_Potter how about this for the CD Artwork?

Click Here

24. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    AWESOME!!! :D

Great job, stri! :) I love it!

25. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    GAAAAAAH!! Stri! Don't DO that! Now I feel the need to have this soundtrack even more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.