main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA **OFFICIAL O C Fan Force Collecting Thread**

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    And I agree with you Shawn, I check 1 Wal-Mart, 2 Toys-R-Us, 3 Targets, 2 Kay-Bee Toys, and a K-Mart every week with no new figures!

That's one of the reasons I nearly stopped buying figures several years ago. It was getting to the point where it was a HUGE waste of my time. I spent more time driving around in my car to check out all the stores that I didn't have any time for anything else.

2. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    Barry, I have a 4 hour period between two of my classes. It's a waste of time to drive home then to go back, but many of those stores are nearby. So, it's no big time waster. If you want to be a successful collector, you've got to take the extra steps. Course, the Internet now really takes the fun out of collecting.....

3. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Well, I don't have 4 hours between anything to go looking for figures that I'm not gonna be able to find.

Course, the Internet now really takes the fun out of collecting.....

Nah, it just makes collecting about a million times easier :)

4. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Well I went to Frank and Son's today. I finally saw a couple of new fig's there. The new Padme- droid factory, the analysis droids, and the resculpt of the rebel fleet trooper, and Koth. I passed them up though for now. Since I was looking for Barris and Secura. Instead I got a movie poster for A New Hope for 10.00.

5. JangoFett23

JangoFett23 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Can someone give me the location of Frank and Son's; I don't know where that place is. Thanks.

Fett23- [face_devil]

6. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys; be on the lookout for the new unleashed figure of princess leia. if anyone finds where i can get this please pm me. there will also be a darth vader with removable helmut. later on there will be a luke skywalker from EP6..its really hot looking. im waiting for the obi-wan figure later this year. there will be 8 total of the unleased figures out this year. i hope one of them is qui-gon jinn.

7. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Just got this email from an Aayla Secura group on Yahoo! Seems the Aayla Secura figure were shortpacked. From the email:

It seems the auction craze for the shortpacked Hasbro Aayla Secura 3
    3/4" figure has really started on eBay!

Later in the email it says that the figure is going for up to $25 a piece. According to one of the auctions, she's only 1 per case. Good old Hasbro, short packing figures that are bound to be popular. Argh! :mad:

When are they gonna learn to just pack ALL the figures evenly? I just can't believe they still do this, especially after the Boba Fett fiasco from a few years ago (which was also only 1 per case).

EDIT: After looking at a few other auctions, it definitely seems to be 1 per case. I'm just about ready to start ordering things from Entertainment Earth and posting my extras on ebay.

These stupid boards won't let me make a link because of the way the link is, so here's the link (you'll have to copy and paste):

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&query=aayla+secura&sr=n&from=R8&ht=1&st=2&category1=246&Top10=&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&catref=C1

8. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Bummer. She's going to be tough to find. I'll keep looking though, I usually have good luck...

9. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Updating again. I just checked Entertainment Earth's site and they are indeed sold out of the Wave 11 figures which has the 1 per case Aayla. However, Aayla is also slated to be included in the Wave 12 figure case at 2 per case and the Wave 13 case at 1 per case.

At just over $6 per figure when ordered by the case, I think I'm going to start doing this. You can preorder Wave 12 and 13 cases which are slated to ship in April and May respectively and your credit card won't be charged till they do ship.

10. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Lets get together at the next meeting and see who wants to go in on a case.

11. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    For the people who love P-51s and aircraft.... The Toys R Us near South Coast plaza has the 21st Century Toys 32x (1/32nd scale) P-51 Mustang. It's not as big as the 1:18 scale ones I have that I've posted earlier in this topic, but they're good size! (better for the people who have little room for these things) It was about $18 with tax. It's got retracting landing gear (tail wheel too!) with gear doors and flaps, opening canopy (I think the pilot can come out), optional drop tanks, and spinning prop (that's a given). It's well worth the dollars.

12. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    I've been going thru some extra stuff I have in storage and I was thinking...I don't really know what everyone collects on here besides figures... Or if they only collect figures...

I get a lot of extra items in sets I pick up here and there and usually end up putting them on ebay. I plan on setting some aside for the Comic-Con prize baskets, and the trivia contest (should I ever win it :p ) But I thought maybe I should check with the group before I just get rid of stuff from now on. If I knew what people collected and what their favorite characters were, etc. then I could see if they were interested in the items first.

Just a thought...

Oh and one of these days, I would love it if someone could sit me down and explain the difference between some of the different sets of figures...It gets kinda confusing when you don't really collect them (YET! :D )

13. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Oh and one of these days, I would love it if someone could sit me down and explain the difference between some of the different sets of figures

Feel free to ask away. At one point, I was keeping up very well with all the different variations on figures. I can probably explain a lot of things about the older figures (older being POTF2). I think the newer figures have gotten cleaned up quite a bit in the way of having variations.

14. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Don't bet on that one Barry. The saga bespin Luke has like 5 variations alone.

15. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Isn't that the one you had on your secret santa list Shawn? Can I ask what the variations are and how you can tell? Are certain ones only sold in certain areas of the country?

16. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    If you're talking about the POTF2 Bespin Luke, I own all 5 variations (I think). Long saber, short saber in long package, short saber, hologram card, and non hologram card. If you're referring to a different figure, then no, I may not know all the variations.

:D

17. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Nope, I'm talking Blue Card Saga.

There is :

bloody stump
    non bloody stump
    magnet
    plastic peg
    and another that I can't remember

18. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Ok, you got me on that one. I only knew about the first two, but I have heard about the magnet one. I had no clue about the peg one though.

Speaking of variations, let me tell you why I didn't know about it. I don't want to know about them anymore. I got so tired of hunting around for all the different variations that I got sick of collecting. I was getting tired of Kenner (now Hasbro) releasing different versions all the time. So I gave up on it and I now no longer care how many variations there are to a figure. I'll buy them if I see them, but I don't go out of my way to find them anymore.

19. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Thats the way I am. I only want the figure I don't need the variation. I have enough problems trying to find the figures

20. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    Does anyone know where to get the leia unleashed?

I have searched 5 toys r us's and have found only Padme and Anakin.

21. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    I'm somewhat the same way. If I find a variation, I will get it. I don't go hunting for them, but I do keep them all commited to my mind. Usually I'll pick up the rarer variations that I find (like I bought both of the Jango/Boba Fett figures with and without the cardback. I bought both of the Arean Jango figures with flame pointing up and down. Bigger things like that. Or say the Endor trooper with different head sculpts. (Probably the lowest one I have is I have both of the Arena padmes, one with a mole under her eye, and one without).

But this is coming from the person who has 6 of the same 1:48 scale P-51 Mustang vehicles sitting on his shelf and plans to get 5 1:18 scale Corsairs (Which are all different paint jobs, but no different features) ;)

22. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Has anyone seen anyplace that has valentines marked down?? I managed to buy some Harry Potter and Star Wars ones before V-day, then forgot to get the rest of them until it was too late.

Target had the following that I missed out on and am still looking for:
    Harry Potter -foil/metallic version
    Star Wars -foil/metallic version
    LOTR regular AND -foil/metallic version
    Spiderman regular AND -foil/metallic version

23. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Thats definitely not my area of expertise. Hopefully someone here can help you out.

24. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys; does anyone know where i can find a picture of the jedi temple i can use for wallpaper. please let me know.

25. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Are you referring to this shot?

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/jeditemple/img/movie_bg.jpg]

I can capture from the DVD sometime today/tonight and email it to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.