main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX **Official** San Antonio AOTC Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Padawan Coalesce, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan Coalesce

Padawan Coalesce Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 1999
    All I can say is I am breathless right now. It was GREAT!!!!

2. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    It was o'___ IT ROCKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nuff said :)

John

3. darthroc247

darthroc247 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    Yoda. Lightsaber. Bad ass. SWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! 'Nuff Said.

4. docgordo

docgordo Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2001
    Hate to say it, but I thought it was only marginally better than Phantom Menace, which to me isn't saying much.

5. THX1967

THX1967 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    A very long STAR WARS movie. I felt I'd actually gone to war or maybe it was simply 3:30 am. I'm not trying to say that the length is a flaw, in fact, after reading some of the comic book I wished GL had left some of the scenes he edited out.

The chase scene on Couresant could have been clipped a bit.

Being that I was spoiler free going in, generally speaking this movie really suprised me. I was shocked at times.

Anakin losing his arm. The bad guys being to damn smart and evil in contrast to Darth Maul who comes off now as a simple attack dog. Jedi getting killed just freaked me out. The depths of treachery by Sidious. And most importantly, GL created a suprisingly sympathic Anankin. At first he comes off as an arrogant punk. But the size of his pain becomes overwhelming. He is emotionally a 9 year old kid. His love for Padme is clearly Freudian which makes the entire relationship that more sad and tragic. The kid never had a chance. I'm just stuck on that now.

I don't know that I can go see it again just yet. I'm still processing it and I kinda feel like I did after SAVING PRIVATE RYAN. Sensory overload. This was not a fun movie, it was high drama and intense. This is what was most suprising to me. I didn't know if GL was going to top ESB in terms of mood. But he did, 10 fold. It was oppressively dark to me. I'm not complaining, in fact it simply makes TPM RotJ that more appealing to me.

I'm not a gusher, but I just love this ******* story! Not AOTC in particular, but the scope of the STAR WARS is just incredible. Each new movie adds just a little more depth that wasn't there before. Love'n every moment of it!!!!

6. Bucky

Bucky Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    I was at the 12:01am showing ay Huebner Oaks (what a great crowd...I thought the place was going to explode at about 11:45...the excitment level was so high. Anyway...) and I have to say that the movie totally blew me away. I loved it. Now after seeing in again (Saturday night) I love it even more. However, I do have to say that there was one part of the movie that I could have done without. The whole C-3PO/R2-D2 thing in the arena battle. I guess it was put in the film so fans could see 3PO and R2 together, but it was so out of place (in my mind) with the action that was going on. I mean, here we have Jedi dieing left and right and and 3PO busts out with "This is such a drag" (or something along those lines) and "I'm beside myself."? Even the scenes before that with the switched heads. I may be nit picking but I could have done without that. As much as I like 3PO and R2.

That, overall, is a very small gripe and it in no way will take away from my enjoyment of the movie.

My newly updated Star Wars rankings:

1. ESB
    2. AOTC
    3. TPM/ANH (tied...I still can't decide which one I liked better)
    5. ROTJ

Bring on Episode III!!!!!

Bucky...out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.