main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL~SMALLVILLE Discussion thread. (Spoilers Galore)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediPriestess, Jan 4, 2006.

1. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    SUPERSHAKE!!!!!!!

2. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Why is that?? I don't get what your asking so I'll do it in two parts.

1)Why I would believe you?..well..I trust your judgement when it comes to this show

2)Why I havent seen it yet? We don't have a WB channel here in Richmond,VA. It has to run on the local NBC station. So all the WB shows come on late at night, and Smallville comes on at 1am on sundays.

3. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    yeah mine still comes on on thursday, but not until 11

4. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    This is what I was asking, and my deepest sympathies. That has GOT to suck. Altho I may have a solution for you via pm.

5. redsabreanakin

Feb 16, 2005
    Yeah, it does suck. But let me tell you.. I never miss it, thankfully I'm not in "the old folks home" and can stay up til 2am to watch it. I don't mind staying up..at least it's on a weekend.

But if you have a plan..I'm intrigued. hehe

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    just thought to let everyone know "Pete" from smallville seasons 1,2,3 is on tonights new episode of 7th Heaven

7. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/Mclix/DSC03071.jpg]

Just got it done this weekend :D

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just finished watching that AOL clip, and I went numb.

They sure as hell better not kill her.

9. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004

I wish they would kill her but I don't think I'm that lucky.

10. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    They do kill her.......:)

11. redsabreanakin

Feb 16, 2005
    Everyone here the news. WB and UPN are closing down shop. They will merge into one channel in the fall. Personally I'm a little concerned..I don't have a WB affiliate to begin with, so I"m kinda wondering where that leaves me for Smallville. [face_frustrated]

12. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    They are all mergining into CBS to create a different network, which you will probbly be able to pick up......don't woorry

13. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    OK TRA people we switched to a different board software. New link is in my sig.

14. redsabreanakin

Feb 16, 2005
    I just thought of something. I'm watching Smallville on ABC family and they just had the sheriff on. Did that shock anyone else the other night? I didn't see that coming. She's been on there a while and then i guess they wrote her off. I was surprised. This show is becoming like 24..no one is safe. [face_laugh] I was kinda thinking they would address her death somehow..but I guess it wasn't part of the big story.

15. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    I haven't watched Smallville in a while so this ep with the death may have happened but...
    didn't Jor-El (or whatever clarks real fathers name is) said that HER faith is sealed in one of the episodes, the ep he gets his powers back to save his mom. So it is probably not Mrs Kent, and that rules out almost all guys unless he was referring to something else.

Chloe is the obvious choice. He knows of Clarks powers and that usually isn't good. It isn't going to lois lane. And Lana is suppose to be around later if they at least keep some continuity

16. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    sorry budy, wrong on both accounts

17. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    Nah, as much as I love the comics... I don't want them to have the same continuity as them... nor the movies.

I like all of my mediums seperate. Hell, there are many things I love about pre-crisis over post crisis in the comics.

What I love about Smallville, is that it has influences from the comics and the films... but has its own mythos. And on that note, while Smallville has influence from post crisis with many of the characters and situations... the pre crisis Silver Age of Superman has the biggest influence on it.

However, Smallville is even influencing the comics now. For example, the character of Lex. The comics now wrote in that he had spent some time in Smallville in his younger days :)

Honestly, if I wanted the show to be just like the comics I read... I'd stick with the comics. What would be the point?

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    As I understand it, the Kents will still be alive after Infinite Crisis. There is no real reset button. Just moving forward. Certain characters will revert to previous or new incarnations. Superman will regain his confidence, Batman won't be so paranoid and obsessive, Kyle Rayner will be Ion, etc.

19. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    Yeah. And besides, as much as I love old pre crisis Superman... the post crisis changes were for the better.

20. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    there's a rumor about the 100th episode where clark does the time travel thing to save lana's life after she dies in the car crash. sort of like the original superman movie where he saves lois by going back in time.

21. JediPriestess

Jul 28, 2004
    Thats no rumor. ;)

22. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    Well, as much as that was an awsome and favorite moment of mine from Superman... I really do hope that the writers on Smallville do their homework and not leave a huge plot hole.

Meaning, yes, in Superman he changes time and saves Lois... but the missle still hits and the dam still bursts and the bus still falls and kills all the kids.... yet not only does any of that never happen... but they never address it even if it did, which then shows that Superman risk thousands of lives to save one woman. So since Superman would never do that... it means that the missle never hit or he stopped it and never showed it. A plot hole.

So while a cool moment, something most agree on, at the same time it was very sloppy... something most agree on as well.

So I hope Smallville never screws up the way Donner did in Superman.

FYI... the REAL Superman 2 is going to get released finally :D

For those that do not know.... Richard Donner directed both Superman 1 and 2. They were filmed back to back and many scenes during the filming of the first. But he was fired with the second film almost done and was replaced and scenes were removed and other scenes were re-filmed and came off rather badly. More so when Gene Hackman stood by Donner and refused to be in the film under the direction of Lestor. Hence, why for a few scenes in the film you see Luthor from a distance or with his back. That's another actor ;) Since Hackman was signed under contract by Donner and Lestor. Also, Brando's scenes were cut from the second film, which was ridiculous since one of the scenes they removed explains how he got his powers back. Sure, we know the green crystal had something to with it.... but never why or how.

But differences have been put to rest between him and Salkind and a DVD Donner's versions is coming to release :D

23. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    when's the release date for that?

24. redsabreanakin

Feb 16, 2005
    hmmmmm. Well I think that is very interesting. I liked that scene in the movie, always have. Though I don't care about the inconsistency in time, big deal..I was entertained..that's all that matters. But to have him do it earlier...kinda takes away from the meaning of it in the movie. Now if he does in the series and it doesn't work....I might be ok with that.

I think saying you hope "Smallville doesn't screw up the way Donner did in Superman" is a bit harsh..don't you think?? I mean he made arguably the best Comic book movie to date. There have been many parts of Smallville that have made me cringe.

25. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    I'm not being harsh.

Dude... I got myself a friggin' Superman tattoo and have the DVD in my laptop right now :p

In fact, while I am a huge Superman fan from the comics... I will say straight up that I love the movie incarnation more so. I just like the mythology that it followed. True to the roots, but made its own. I also like the representation of the characters better and of course... Christopher Reeve :) Of course, I only speak of 1 and 2. I erased 3 and 4 from my memory. Well, with exception of the Clark and Evil Superman fight in part 3. That was just awsome. Is he really fighting his other side or is it all internal due to the fact that he is drunk? Very layered scene. Too bad the rest of the film was awful.

It is my favorite comic book movie, the best comic book adaptation and is the golden standard in which I judge all comic book films.

A standard that let me see Spider-Man as a huge failure after the incredible first act (Spider-Man 2 was an improvement, but still a bit messy).

The only comic book films I see that meet that standard so far have been X-Men 1 and 2 (Singer is amazing) and Sin City.

Batman Begins and Batman Returns and (notice I include the first Buron Batman) come very close, however. Lose it out by a hair. I also include "Hulk" on the very very close list (I will defend the art house direction by Lee until the day I die... so don't want to hear it).

In fact, it's my love for Superman 1 and the ending of that film why I give it such a hard time for covering up that one plot hole.

I agree, earlier would have ruined the moment. But we needed something. Anything. It's a hard one, considering how the scene plays out... but there is always a solution.

As for the release, Donner is hoping to have it released in time this year for Superman Returns. So by this summer, we hope.