main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think a lot of hard-core Star Wars fans don't realise is that this show is mostly watched by young children who would never have read the books/comics and are only familiar with the characters of Anakin and Obi-Wan. If you take them out of the main narrative of TCW then I think a lot of people would lose interest. I know I certainly wouldn't be interested in this show if Anakin and Obi-Wan didn't have such prominent roles. They are also the most popular and well known Jedi if you go by the books, it makes sense for them to be heavily involved in TCW.

The Clone Wars isn't just about the war either. It's about all the little events that happen during the war which came about because of the war, even if its not directly related to the war at large. It's all part of it.

Except for maybe the tea.

cwustudent and Seerow like this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Those episodes were awesome as well

hlc88 I agree with you, i would also lose interest if Anakin and Obi-Wan wasn't in it as well, the show is entertaining with those 2 in it

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The show is more entertaining without them. Case and point - Clone Cadets and Bounty. [face_dancing]

And how are young viewers going to like new characters if they do not have more of a role on the show?! People can only get involved into a character if that character is explored to some degree. If you don't spend time with your characters, of course, you will have little amount of people interested in them.
    That is why I think more moves like the one done with Ventress should be done.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Anakin and Obi-Wan can have large roles, and there can be a focus on smaller stories and characters. Plenty of kids shows focus on large casts and are comfortable with nudging the leads aside for a bit.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  5. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm not a huge fan of Clone Cadets. Bounty is good because I enjoy Ventress' character. They've made her an intriguing character.

You are right that people can only get involved with new characters if they had more of a role in the show, but its a question of what the main audience of the show wants. It may be what some fans here want, but how do we know that is what the rest of the audience wants? For me, I'd rather learn more about the characters we already know and are established from the films. But I can understand your viewpoint. :)

6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    hlc88

It is really a point of balance. Viewers are very diverse. They are not all a bunch of Anakin-lover or Padme-lovers. No. There are Cody fans, Rex fans, Wolf Pack fans, Plo Koon fans, Hondo Ohnaka fans, Grievous fans, Ventress fans, Tikkes fans, Separatist fans, Quinlan Vos fans, Aayla Secura fans, Yoda fans, Dooku fans, droid fans, Bounty Hunter fans, Cad Bane fans... and many many more.

That is why SW fandom is awesome and diverse and hard to please all. There needs to be balance. The way Season One and Parts of Season Four did it is the way - have your Aniii and Obi episodes but have your Kit Fisto, Yoda, Grievous, Ventress, Wolffe episodes... That is the way.

And when characters like Quinlan Vos are brought in - the show should explore him and give him more to do so people could like him and get involved into his story. That is the beauty of SW outside the movies.

7. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

You make some very good points. You never know what they could have in store for Season 6, they could be more diverse. I'm sure there was a mention they were writing another Yoda story so I think they are trying to cater for everyone, I guess it just depends on the nature of the story.

8. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Yeah, I've said The Clone Wars refers to an era, not a battle, when it comes to the concept of this show. When we have episodes about witches, Artoo going on errands, and the crime world, we're not explicitly talking or looking at the Republic versus the Confederacy. We're looking at Star Wars during a particular era and seeing how the war played into the universe at that time.

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Indeed. You are right, they did say that. Maybe like with Grievous in the past couple of episodes, maybe the show has heard the requests and is trying to please a wider audience. I mean even Cody is back and I heard Cody fans happy that he did something.

THERE IS HOPE!

PS: I even heard that there could Separatist leaders in Season Six.

10. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Which would please you if Tikkes was involved ;)

One thing I'd like to see - about Cody - is a good story involving him and Obi-Wan. I don't think we've ever gotten a proper story that involves those two together have we? Seeing something like that, seeing the trust/friendship they have would make Cody's betrayal of Obi-Wan in ROTS more profound. That is something I'd like to see, but I doubt they'll ever explore that.

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    You have no idea how happy I would be if Tikkes appears even for just 30 seconds or just one episode. TIKKES FTW!

And I agree as the first clone we see do Order 66, we need to get a better sense of Cody and Obi-Wan's relationship.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  12. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I think I can imagine.

Perhaps if we kept saying it enough times, Filoni will finally get the hint that Tikkes needs to be seen and a story that explores Cody and Obi-Wan's relationship :p

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I would love an episode that would explore Obi's and Cody's relationship

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    It would be perfect if it is all in one story arc - Explore Obi-Wan's friendship with Cody and have Tikkes as the bad guy. That will be like two birds with one stone. FILONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

hlc88 likes this.
  15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't think I would have picked up TCW without familiar characters like Anakin, Obi-wan, and even R2-D2 to draw me in. TCW's main plot has actually been about fallowing Anakin Skywalker through his years and adventures in the Clone Wars as well as following the characters who supported his arc like Rex, Ahsoka, and Obi-wan which is why they tend to get alot of focus. Ahsoka is something of a deuteragonist so she and the characters support her arc get alot of focus. Obi-wan gets similar treatment. Really how many TV shows, particularly kids shows follow more than maybe 5-8 main characters? In the end this is all going to come together to tell a broader story leading to Anakin's fall in ROTS. That's what TCW is really about.

Those comic pictures are pretty and look fantastic. Problem is atleast three of the characters I spotted I know die in ROTS so although its fun to explore them they don't add much and the TCW crew or GL himself probably don't see them as being very connected to Anakin. Really what TCW needs most to give it some fresh air is add more OCs and reoccurring characters and give them screen time. It took Maul who is basically an OC now to bring that to the show. That's what makes characters like him, Hondo, and Cad interesting as villains. Thats why folks like clones like Rex. They enhance stories because we don't know what will happen to him. That is a rare thing with TCW. Oh well, I just repeat to myself TCW is about the Journey and not the end results.

One thing I am learning from the "Young Jedi" arc however is how cool I'd be with it if TCW rebooted and dumped half the characters for what is left of the war.

I thought it sucked Cody wasn't at the funeral in the Rako Hardeen arc. How much of a mind screw would it have been if Cody was there looking visually distressed? Remember when 99 kicked it? There is room for exploration with Cody and Obi-wan although I'm not sure about four episodes about it.

hlc88 likes this.
  16. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    We should start a petition for this :p

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow

You can not be more wrong. You got 4 episodes about Rex so why not 4 episodes about characters that appear in the 3rd movie. There is a lot to tell about Cody, Kenobi and Tikkes!

First off, TCW is not your everyday **** like Ben 10 or Adventure Time.
    There is a huge problem - Lucas thinks that if he can do several 2 hour movies on Anakin, he can do several 100 hours on Anakin - that is flawed logic.
    With focus on the already tired and old character of Anakin who has NOTHING NEW TO BRING there is no room for

I am not a fan of Rex and dislike the way he was done on Umbara but I loved the way he was in The Deserter. The guy has potential if he is like when he was with Cut.

Here is the problem. The show can not find a good balance between Original characters, Saga characters that are NOT tired and Anakin/Ahsoka/Padme.
    I am not saying we don't have to have Anakin or Ahsoka or Rex at all.
    I am saying that the show has been the most alive when dealing with the OTHER characters including Ventress. And following characters like the ones I showed above is super awesome and brings new life to this show that would be just a floating dead corpse if it was 100% Anakin-filled episodes.
    There is nothing to do with Anakin.

Now with Luminara Unduli, Cody, even Tikkes, Ki-Adi Mundi, Barriss Offee and many others... there is where TCW can do magic and manage to cover both parts of your post. Some of these characters like my beloved Tikkes have not appeared so much in Clone War-era EU so TCW can re-invent them to have a feel of original characters. The way Even Piell was done.

THERE CAN ALWAYS BE BALANCE... HARMONY... AWESOMENESS!

WE TOTALLY SHOULD! Tikkes, Kenoby and Cody for the dream TCW arc. Filoni knows that people love Kenobi and that people love Cody and have brought Tikkes to his attention.

18. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Labyrinth of Evil is the prequel to Revenge of the Sith, and it wasn't destroyed to my knowledge. I am also well aware of the Vigilance, and I am under the impression that Kenobi hadn't used the Vigilance as a flagship before.

19. atouchofanarchy

atouchofanarchy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2011
    I'm sure I heard that Dave Filoni said that Cody was meant to be at Obi-Wan's funeral, bit the council gave him a mission so he couldn't attend, and that he was really annoyed about it.

I could be going insane, bit I'm sure I heard it somewhere...

20. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Go Cody & Obi-Wan episode!! We're more likely to push Dave for this than Kitster :)
    (sorry Jimmy, but it's the truth we won't stop though)

Valairy Scot and fistofan1 like this.
  21. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    sorry for re-post ignore this one please

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Amen! Cody, Kenobi and Tikkes are more important than Mac's cry for attention that is Kitster.

Maybe an episode set on that rainy planet from the old series where we see Anakin eat bugs.
    I can see Cody being shoulder to shoulder with Obi-Wan in the trenches.

23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I saw a car with the plate " K1T5TER" and I wondered if that would apply to any other character from a different series?

Otherwise guess I saw the world's biggest Kitster fan. :p

fistofan1 likes this.
  24. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I've seen one of those around where I live too.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Cody is the third best Clone behind Fives and Rex!!!