main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    [face_laugh]

Just wait for the special special edition.

Seerow likes this.
  2. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    oh yeah, that will be the one where they replace the celebration music at the end with Wang Chung's "Everybody Have Fun Tonight"

3. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Yep. And then the special special special edition replaces that with every Ewok just shouting, "NOOOOOO!"

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    then in the special special special special edition, Jar Jar will appear

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    And then in the special x5 edition, Admiral Ackbar will come to the front of the screen and jokingly say "It's a trap!", followed by a 'badum bum chhh' on the drums with everyone fake laughing, like a really bad comedy sitcom.

Seerow, 07jonesj and Darth Vader like this.
  6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm fairly certain it would just reach a point in which there would be a Special Edition in which Lucas plays every role himself, because no actor's nor animator's interpretation of a character would be able to match Lucas' vision. He would be green screened in front of pictures he drew with crayon for the backgrounds and he'd hum the tunes.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    George Lucas playing every character in Star Wars would be crazy

8. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'd actually be quite interested in seeing that. Lucas did say he was going back to smaller indie films, perhaps this is what he could do? :p

9. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    For those of you that think Anakin's love scene dialogue is awkward when Hayden has Natalie Portman to work with. Just wait until you see George Lucas performing across from George Lucas.

Han would be pronounced more like hand (minus the d) and Doughku...

Lucas giving himself a kiss on the cheek for luck, etc.

10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Urghh now I'v got visions of Lucas giving sand anologies to himself

07jonesj and TaradosGon like this.
  11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    It really does get everywhere.

anakinfansince1983 and fett 4 like this.
  12. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    But he is still Anakin. Just evil Anakin. He has always been Anakin, just because he betrayed the man he once was, doesn't mean Anakin ceased to exist after he became Darth Vader.

He is Darth Vader and Anakin at the same time.

07jonesj likes this.
  13. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    You mention drawings, I'v always found it funny that the CW managed to draw an Obi-wan that looks similar to Ewan in the PT and even the charachter is fairly similar, yet when it comes to Anakin he looks nothing like Hayden and the charachter is nothing like the PT Anakin, more like the OT talked about Anakin. Almost as if it was deliberate ;)

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    As Qui-Gon told Obi-Wan in Dark Lord: the Rise of Darth Vader, the Anakin that Obi-Wan trained was consumed by the Dark Side and buried deeply inside Vader.

So what you are saying is true--from a certain point of view.

As far as I'm concerned, Anakin Skywalker was so consumed by darkness that he was virtually in recognizable from the moment Palpatine christened him until the moment at the end of ESB when Luke jumped down the shaft and refused to join him. I didn't see any Anakin Skywalker in between those two times.

That's my certain point of view, and it's unwaverable just in case you were considering trying to sway it.

07jonesj likes this.
  15. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    [​IMG]

As for this Darth Vader vs. Anakin discussion.

Vader is just a name. Anakin did not need to forgo the name Anakin. He's still Anakin in ESB. He's "Evil Anakin" that has also received his Sith name. But as Dooku and Palpatine show, the original identity can still be maintained.

As to why the name Anakin ceases to have any meaning to "Vader," it's probably to distance himself from the pain of his life prior to becoming a Sith (and the pain of Padme's death did occur after Anakin had become a Sith, though he was still known to Padme as Anakin throughout). I'm not sure that Padme ever heard the name Darth Vader.

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    TaradosGon

You may have ruined ROTJ for me.

IT CANNOT BE UNSEEN! [face_beatup]

17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Ringo Starr and Santa Claus? =b

18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
  19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    That would most certainly be taking the term "cop-out" to the furthest definition. That would be an absolute slap to the face IMO.

20. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Hahaha, you quoted me, after I decided to delete that post (I was pretty late to the party). You guys clearly talked this topic to death (and apparently dislike the theory), so I figured, why bring it up again. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

07jonesj likes this.
  21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    And now all evidence is erased. [face_devil]

cwustudent likes this.
  22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003

I love it^:)^

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    What the heck... How does Wookieepedia already know exactly what happens in each of the episodes coming up?? I went on to look up a character (who I'm not going to mention) to find out something, and the death date was there, and it's also got how they died! They shouldn't be allowed to do that... Now I already know two characters who are going to die later this season, that sucks...

24. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    There are spoiler warnings on all pages that include significant information from recently released sources—in this case, the novel Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy—often in conjunction with sectional bracket banners around spoiler-laden paragraphs, and alongside with a site-wide warning that spoilers are potentially everywhere on the Wiki. They're not exactly being sneaky about it, and that's noticeably more warning than a majority of other Wikis provide.

Esg likes this.
  25. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    On the page that I went onto, there was so spoiler warning at the top, and it showed the death date right under the main picture. I think they need to leave death dates out until the episodes have actually aired, then it's your decision if you want to keep reading down the page to find out more under a spoiler section.