main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - Official Announcements - Updated 5/18 - Blood Drive

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    In regards to the Sideshow 1/6 scale figures, I am excited about them. The latest 3/4 inch Yavin Luke in his X-wing uniform from Hasbro was very detailed and looked great. I never really liked the sandtrooper.

2. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    So I'm confused.... Sideshow sent me mail that they announced the exclusives, but where is this info? All I keep seeing emails saying they are going to reveal it and then I go to their site and it's the same old thing and no pictures.

Anyone know what's going on with this? Their mailings are a bit deceiving in what they say.

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    The website just says what the exclusives are, they haven't posted pictures yet.

4. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    Celebration IV: Super-Collectible Medallions at Collecting Panels!

One dozen different medallions will be given away at random times during the Star Wars Celebration IV collecting panels...

Link

5. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Those exclusives are coming hot and heavy now!
    Although I haven't seen anything yet that is a must have for me.

6. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! More exclusives that I will have to pay through the nose on ebay as I'm not strong in the force to predict where they will be giving these away. I love the give away but despise the futile effort to get them all there!

7. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Such is the torture of a completionist. :)

8. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    How many thousand are going to be at this thing? And they are only going to have 350 of each coin???

9. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    At C3 I went to a few of the collectors panels, would have only ever been a couple hundred at any one time at the most...some times only a few dozen would of been there.

10. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Yeah, those collectible panels. Never understood the point of them. They didn't have the real collectibles at the panels, just pics of them. You could see the real stuff in the huge dealers room. I saw a lot of rare things in person that weekend, and didn't even go to a collectible panel.

11. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Right there with ya on that, pwinkle...I mean, talk about 'gentlemen, start your "ripe fan" engines...' ;) Besides, I'd only want to see Empire anyway...
    Mary

12. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    That's funny, Empire is the only one I would want to see too. HA!

13. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    UPDATE -- Master Replicas CIV Exclusive Announced.

Wedge Antilles X-Wing Helmet Replica.

Not exactly something to get excited about IMO. [face_plain]

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/C4_Master_Replicas_Celebration_IV_Exclusives_104382.asp

14. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    I had to ROTFL when I read the bit about 'unsung(and undermerchandized) heros!

15. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm not getting that helmet. MR is a bunch of idiots. They announce this exclusive and then say, "this helmet will go with the Luke Helmet we release later this year."

Why? Why? why? why? Just release the wedge and let that be an exclusive. Not a Luke that looks just like it.

16. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    This is just as cool as an official Yak Face replica whisker. Now that is an unsung hero needing more recognition.

17. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I think a scaled helmet would be interesting to look at ... not sure if I'd buy it or not, alot will depend on the price.

18. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    How about an announcement of more guests at officialpix already, geeze! Sorry to be antsy... First they announce celebs here and there, now they leave us hangin' for a couple weeks!

19. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Ooo, the 3D exclusive posters from Mell Smello look cool.

20. Sean_Walsh

Sean_Walsh Jedi Master star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I'm kinda hoping they've been working on some different (ie, not the same folks from the Celebration/convention circuit) stars over these last 2 weeks.....

*crosses fingers, since the autograph list is always a huge part of my Celebration plans*

21. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    New update

Celebration IV Admission Badges: A Galaxy of Fun!

Edit: They're going to be punching badges when you pick up your show bag. Hummm? Maybe there will be something interesting in them this time.

and

Star Wars Past, Present, and Future: The Official Celebration IV Poster

Edit: I think it's nice the artist has agreed to sign the poster. I usually buy the poster and would like to have it signed. Hope I find the time. :)

And Edit again: I was just reading the news story about Jay being named the Celebrity host for Star Wars Weekend. It suggested reading his blog for his thoughts on hosting. One of the blogs had this interesting little tidbit:

Anyone want to speculate? It was written on March 17th and I don't see a news story since that date which fits the description.

22. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I just noticed Luke & Leia are in the center of the poster. Looks like a tip of the hat to the C4 logo. I like it.

23. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just don't have any desire to sit down with a few thousand other people and watch 17 hours of Star Wars. The just doesn't appeal to me. I'm sure it's fun. Just not my bag.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right there with ya on that, pwinkle...I mean, talk about 'gentlemen, start your "ripe fan" engines...' Besides, I'd only want to see Empire anyway...
    Mary

watching SW movies with 5000 other fans who love them as much as I do was the most fun I've ever had at a theater

and the CIV poster is great - not feeling the look of the badges, though

24. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I liked both the poster and the badges, I thought they were really cute.

25. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    The C4 poster looks really great. I think we'll be getting that ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.