main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official Trailer D Discussion Thread**

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Mar17swgirl, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    Schmitz97, it's not a flaw, the first act that Palpatine is talking about in the trailer is after he's voted emergency powers by the senate.

2. Jaeden2k

Jaeden2k Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2002
    Schmitz97,

Thank you for making it clear that you don't care otherwise...So, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who does. The 'First Act' Palpatine is referring to, comes after they give him Emergency Powers in the Senate.

Your quip was well written, but obviously incorrect...thanks for playing the trailer game!

YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK...GOODBYE!!!

3. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    >Was that R2-D2 flying? Can anyone out there piece a coherent "supertrailer" by arranging all 4 trailers into 1 coherent one? <

We are doing that!!! Remix the trailers :)

4. BLKNIGHT18

BLKNIGHT18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2001
    I love how people think that the entire lucasfilm people would overlook the fact that Palpatine has been chancellor for 10 years.

5. Anarchin

Anarchin Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2002
    I've now just started to download "Clone War" from KaZaA. After the rave reviews and so on, I decided I MUST download it. Currently downloaded 13 Megs on a Dialup connection. Have seen up until where Anakin makes the comment about him being the chief of security.

So far, one word : AWESOME

:D

6. spamxyphoid

spamxyphoid Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2001
    Egad this looks amazing..

i say "PAH" to all those who said it would be a "Teen Love Movie" after the Forbidden Love Trailer. All we can hope for now is that it lives up to the hype or Lucas will never be able to walk the streets without bodyguards LOL ;-)

7. spamxyphoid

spamxyphoid Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2001
    I would also like to point out that Christopher Lee is playing a very similar character to Saruman the White in Lord of the Rings. One of the Eldars of Middle Earth turned bad and set to return in Parts 2 & 3

Count Dooku once was a jedi, now turned bad and looks set to return to ep3

mmmmm getting type cast, but type cast in some of the biggest films EVER! I guess noone will really be complaining ;-)

8. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    spam,

i remember Lee was quoted saying that although, Saruman and Dooku have similarities, they're two very different roles. i'm taking that as an indication that Dooku, at least in terms of character motivation and/or development, will be different from Saruman. we'll jsut hav to wait and see AOTC if what he says is true.

9. Ree Yees

Ree Yees Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    There is an absurdly cool Trailer Poll in the "TPM" forum: "What is your favorite AOTC trailer."

I suggest that everyone drops whatever they hold in their hands and rush over to the TPM forum to take part in this magnificent, historical event!!!!! and then some more !!!!

10. SaintVitus

SaintVitus Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2002
    if you look carefully, there are 15 Jedi in the last scene.. not 14. Two jedi on the left are standing near each other. Besides, if you count the number of lightsabers, it's 15.

11. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    WOW! I just saw trailer D on the big screen! Saw ICE AGE today. They showed the AOTC trailer first. If you thought it was awesome on TV, wait till you see it in a theater! My jaw was dropped to the floor for two and a half solid minutes! It was beautiful! This movie is going to blow everyone's socks off, I guarantee it! :D

12. metalgearrx

metalgearrx Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Hey everybody. I just saw Ice Age at the AMC Theatre here at Manhattan, New York. The showing I went to (the 5:15 show) used digital projection technology from Texas Instruments--precisely the machines Lucasfilm hopes theatres have by the time AOTC comes out.

So, anyway, they showed the E.T. Anniversary Edition trailer first, then the Hey Arnold Movie, and then a Dreamworks animated film about a horse (Stallion, or something like that). Of course, they saved the best for last and showed the "Clone War" trailer.

Since the projector was DIGITAL, the images on screen looked absolutely amazing and pristine. I thought that perhaps they wouldn't look as good on the big screen as it does on Quicktime, but I was wrong; you can clearly see Palpatine's aging face, Padme's colorful costumes, and, most importantly, nearly everything looked real! Plus, the sound was great. Not surprisingly, the end of the trailer was followed by "oohs" and "ahhs" and a cheerful applause.

And here's an added bonus: Ice Age which, as you know, is a completely computer animated film, looked stupendous.

So, here's the bottom line: AOTC whill not disappoint in the special effects department. I can't wait!

13. Amidoll

Amidoll Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2000
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

No trailer.
    Good movie, though!

14. Wazi

Wazi Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2002
    Yay, I agree. The music didn't sound right. But the film's gonna kick soma a$$.

Especially the Dooku/Anakin fight and ofcourse the Obi1/Jango fight

"Wait!"

15. Wazi

Wazi Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2002
    Arghhh!!! You US folks are lucky! We euoropean guys have to wait until prolly june/july to see it.

16. AMIDALA_SKYWALKER_2

AMIDALA_SKYWALKER_2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2001
    I just also saw the trailer on the big screen, after it people were like Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa and applauding.
    Plus Ice Age was very good.

17. CountDuago

CountDuago Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2002
    I saw the TRAILER at ICe AgE, and when Anakin said, "Excuse me, but I'm in charge of security M'lady!", this woman sitting above me said "That little Brat"

LOL the dark side is growing [face_devil]

18. PLO--KOON

PLO--KOON Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2001
    For those of you that have seen the trailer on the big screen didint the scenes look a hell of alot better on the big screen I thought they did.

19. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Wow, its umm Green here today,

Anyway, I just saw it in the theater with Ice age and I too thought it looked and sounded great. There wasn't a very big audience but one girl in a group of three went Woah! after it was over and her friends got embarresed and told her to shush. I wanted to turn and tell her its fine by me but she was three rows bck. :D

20. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    >I saw the TRAILER at ICe AgE, and when Anakin said, "Excuse me, but I'm in charge of security M'lady!", this woman sitting above me said "That little Brat" <

[face_laugh]!

Hi, Mar17swgirl!

21. Phantom_Catfish

Phantom_Catfish Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    I saw the trailer on the big screen as well and it looks 100 times better than my small little quicktime video. The quality was amazing. The rain on the window in Jango's apartment stood out. The last stand scene was excellent. You could make out more to it than just sittin at the computer. Everything was great.

22. MasterSoma

MasterSoma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    I too enjoyed seeing the trailer on the big screen. It looked sooooo sweeeeeet! I now have a very strong desire to see the movie in it's entirety. I watched it at the beginning of Ice Age and then theater hopped over to Resident Evil (which was was cooler than I thought it would be- I had low expectations.)

So now I just have to wait TWO WHOLE MONTHS until AOTC. I'm thinking that I can't possibly spend the next two months obsessing over every spoiler and every detail of AOTC like I have pretty much ever since the Forbidden Love trailer came out.....can I???

I've got star wars on the brain.

23. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Anybody notice that the big stone poles Obi, Annie, and Padme were tied to are knocked over in the trailer-see about 1:27.

24. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Hey what is it that the Gunships are blowing up with their missles anyway?

It looks like a big rocket ship of some sort, and there are two more of them in the background.

25. Clonetrooper-X

Clonetrooper-X Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    This movie will be on my top 5 movies to watch this year :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.