main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC OFFICIAL - US Elections pre-primary thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Aug 15, 2011.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm hoping Mitt gets it.

And Santorum, Gingrich and Paul ALL run as independents. :p

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Conscience? Responsibility? Civic integrity?

3. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    In other news, desperate wingnuts play "radical" Obama video.:p

http://www.mediaite.com/online/breitbart-editors-preview-obama-college-video-with-hannity/

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/40031_PBS_Posts_Full_Archived_1991_Obama_Harvard_Video/comments/#ctop

4. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Seems you have a higher opinion of the average democrat than the average republican. :p

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Newt is channeling Romney: "What a crowd. I'm really impressed. There must be no one left at Wal-Mart this afternoon."

:oops:

Oh yeah, and I saw this new horror movie called "Game Change" tonight. I'm not being facetious either, some scenes were truly horrifying for me.

EDIT: It does make her more sympathetic. But still, it's scary that someone so unready actually became so close to the White House.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    GOP candidates make jokes like that and then yell "class warfare" when it is suggested that the top 1% pay more in taxes. [face_tired]

I don't have HBO so I don't think I'll have a chance to see that movie, but I've always felt a bit sorry for Sarah Palin. She had no idea what she was getting into when she accepted McCain's invitation. Being mayor of a town of 6000 people or governor of a state of less than half a million people is very different from the stage of national politics. And she had no memory of living anywhere outside Alaska and apparently hadn't done much travelling.

As far as her being "properly vetted," I will say this: within a few days after McCain announced her, the liberal pundits were far more concerned about the fact that her 17-year-old daughter was pregnant than they were about whether she was qualified to be VP.

I'm not a fan by any means, but I'm not sure she deserved everything that came down the pike at her either. She really should have just declined McCain and finished out her term as governor, where at one time she had a 92 percent approval rating.

7. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Minor point but since she went to two universities outside of her state I'm pretty sure she did have memories of outside AK.
    Overall I think she deserves about one part sympathy for every two of contempt. Being from a thinly populated state does not excuse her ignorance, graft or liberal use of the politics of fear.

8. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    Freaky delayed dbl post

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Mitt Romney turns 65 today.

He looks a lot younger than he really is.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    There's a joke in me about making deals with a certain Sith looking Pope, but I'll keep it too myself.:p

11. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    [image=http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Mr--Fantastic-1-fantastic-four-244998_1024_768.jpg]

i realized this dude looks like a young mitt romney

12. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    The popularity of that franchise relative to the other Marvel comic book film efforts is a roughly accurate parallel, too.

13. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    gop = marvel

dems = dc

14. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Doesn't work. Biyu likes Marvel.

15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

gop = Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Daredevil

dems = Iron Man, Captain America, Thor

or

gop = Green Lantern

dems = The Dark Knight

:p

16. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    i dunno batman is pretty much a republicans wet dream

an incredibly rich dude who uses his wealth to go around beating up petty criminals and the mentally ill

17. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Um, I realize that you are going by sales figures/popularity/perceptions of stupidity, but ideologically I think that is probably largely backward. [/does_not_matter]

18. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    I lol'd.

19. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    The only thing keeping Batman from being the whole GOP mascot package is his dislike of guns.

20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Ok, I miss one or two hatters. [face_laugh]

21. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    Kid Rock is officially endorsing Mitt Romney. Looks like Mitt will have to try and compensate for the lack of black votes by getting the votes of dumb white trailer trash who unintentionally mock black subculture.

22. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Mitt Romney: "You might be shaking the president's hand"

"You might be shaking the president's hand," Mr. Romney told a man in Mobile, where a rainstorm forced his supporters to seek shelter on the porch of a cafe.

Really, who talks like this? More importantly, who thinks like this?

In polite society, people tend to say, "It's nice to meet you." Folks don't generally say, "You must think it's nice to meet me."

For all the talk on the right about Barack Obama being arrogant, I can't recall him campaigning in 2008 and saying something like, "It must be great for a guy like you to be shaking hands with a guy like me."

In fairness, I should note that Romney seemed to realize his mistake yesterday, and added, "Then again, you might not."

That's better, but it doesn't quite change the fact that the Republican's first instinct was to say, out loud, as arrogant a line I've heard from a presidential candidate in a long while.

Romney is also saying he's more conservative than Santorum, since he (Romney) is going to get rid of Planned Parenthood. :confused:

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm still laughing my ass off at his lame attempts to pretend he's Southern.

Food for thought, Mitt:

1. We say "y'all." A lot. But not in every single sentence.

2. There are as many people in other parts of the country who enjoy hugging as there are here. If women really are coming up and hugging you, it's not because they're Southern. It's because you're not bad-looking for a 65-year-old man and they're probably Republicans.

3. Jeff Foxworthy is a comedian. He's hilarious, but his routines are hardly factual depictions of life in the South.

4. We're glad you like cheese grits though. :D

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Santorum has pulled off an upset, sweeping Alabama and Mississippi!