main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Ok, let's get this party started: FF trip to the Rennaissance Festival

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Idiots Array, Feb 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Just a thought....

Since it's a ways out there, did anybody want to carpool and save on fuel costs, or does anybody need to be picked up on the way ? Or We can all meet at Village Inn and leave some cars there and gang up for the trip out. I live at Price and Guadalupe if anybody needs a ride. I can carry 3 additional people but I will have to leave the festival at 4:45pm at the latest. PM me if you're interested.

-Void Dancer

2. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    "i can take you as far as anchorhead, you can get a transport there to the ren faire, or wherever your going.."

hehe, sorry, i just had to say it! :p

good idea though, if anyone wants a ride in my car(the one that made the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs!) let me know...i liv in tempe!(most of you know that already!)

3. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I can carry one, maybe two people (if you want to squeeze in and get really close). I'm near Bell Rd and I-17.

4. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Hey, I used to drive the Millennium Falcon. "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought..." ;)

Someone needs to get the license plate: MFALCON.

-> IA

5. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    a few months ago at a stoplight near me, i saw the plate: I JEDI

i was soooo jealous. :D

6. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    I have room for 1 extra. Sorry, that's it. ^^; Jacob has the La-Z-Boy recliner car seat in the middle (okay, it's not really a La-Z-Boy, but you'd think it was from the size of the thing), and my mom will be with us. So, if you're desperate, we can squeeze you in. If you get car sick easily, I recommend going with someone else.

kreleia ^.^

7. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    I can carpool a couple other people if need be. I live down in Chandler near the 101 and Elliot.

-> IA

8. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    It's looking like I may not be able to go to the ren faire. $$$ is getting tight, and chances are slim that I can afford to spend the cash.

I'll still make the meeting, but probably can't go, unless you all want to sponsor me for the event. ;)

It sucks being out of wurk. :(

9. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    kreleia, you're gonna let us meet your mom?! You're braver than I thought. :)

10. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    my job's on a thread now, so I know how you feel. I'll toss in a couple of credits for you man. Everybody seems excited you're coming, I'd like to know why :)

-Void

11. QuiGon_butnot4gotten

QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Mick, I am already picking up Lady_Jedi_Carenix at I-17 and T-Bird. If you would like to carpool I could pick you up also.

12. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Yep - bringin' my mom. :) She's actually pretty excited. I haven't mentioned FanForce yet, though... so, Mick we'll have to see what happens... ^^;

Anyway, I sent a message off to Elan-Rai (since Obey Wann is *here*) about the Festival - it should be posted on TFN sometime today. So, tis official!!

kreleia ^.^

13. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Blasted! I just found out my Grandparents are coming to visit for that weekend...

GRRRRRRRRRRR... ICE AGE then.

14. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Just about everybody has been predicting warm weather this weekend, over the past few days, with some temps almost 80. So I'd suggest some sunscreen on faces this weekend. Just a thought I'd pass on.

-Void

15. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    Warm weather and sun? Gee, who'd've expected that? :)

16. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Snit :)

It's just my EMT training kicking in, I'm a "thorough" planner for most events and I try to avoid most problems ahead of time since I'm usually stuck treating them.

But tis much better to be a smart-arse than a dumb-arse.

-Void

17. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    I'm very good at the smart-arse thing :)

18. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    you and a few others here....I've got a bad feeling about that.

19. KCarnes

KCarnes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    Well, well, well.... it looks like things are going to be quite spirited this weekend! It definitely looks like it's going to be fun. Then with the added element of Kreleia's mom being there... I have a feeling that this might very well end up being one of those events that we will look back on and... Well, time will tell. :)

KC

20. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    kreleia: you're bringing Rob and little Luke, right?

-> IA

21. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    We made it into town OK today. We're now in Chandler. Nice weather. Very nice change. :D

22. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    Welcome to the OUter Rim, Obey :)

23. Mod_Squad_Leader

Mod_Squad_Leader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2001
    Rennaissance Festival

Does anyone else see a problem with this picture? ;)

24. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    yeah, certain members of our board can't spell. See also "persuit" :)

25. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Alrighty - told the mother-figure about FanForce, and guess what? She smiled!! [face_laugh] Check it out! She thinks it's cool!! YEAH!!! When I was surprised (and told her so), she said "Why? It's your life!" WOOHOO!! So, yes, she's coming to the Ren Faire, and is still quite excited about it. And, yes, Rob and Jacob (aka "little Luke") are coming as well. Kreleia's family outing... and dragging along FanForce too. ^.^ Hey, personally, I'm excited about this! **packs sunscreen**

kreleia ^.^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.