main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ok, so I got Wolfenstein...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Terra, Dec 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Who cares? It's great for browsing the net anyways. I'm set with this wireless model, some rechargeble batteries, and my 5 regular model Intellimouse Explorer mice for other machines.

:cool:

2. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I had a cordless mouse at one point. Rechargeable batteries mean no power problem, but I was very apt to lose the damn thing! ;)

3. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    Oooooo- there's a point....I could run JK on this laptop easy.....

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Corleone, button 4 on my Intellimouse works with JK, it's just button 5 that can't be mapped...

5. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    Oh yeah, good point. I use the big side button for Fire 2. Not sure if that's 4 or 5. Maybe it's even older games that don't take either of them! ;)

6. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Playing Wolfenstein late at night, without the light, makes Ryan a nervous wreck. Playing Wolfenstein late at night, without the light, makes Ryan a nervous wreck. Playing Wolfenstein late at night, without the light, makes Ryan a nervous wreck. Playing Wolfenstein late at night, without the light, makes Ryan a nervous wreck. Playing Wolfenstein late at night, without the light, makes Ryan a nervous wreck. Playing Wolfenstein late at night, without the light, makes Ryan a nervous wreck. Playing Wolfenstein late at night, without the light, makes Ryan a nervous wreck. Playing Wolfenstein late at night, without the light, makes Ryan a nervous wreck. I leik milk. Playing Wolfenstein late at night, without the light, makes Ryan a nervous wreck. Playing Wolfenstein late at night, without the light, makes Ryan a nervous wreck. Admins and Mods are weird. Playing Wolfenstein late at night, without the light, makes Ryan a nervous wreck. boK. Playing Wolfenstein late at night, without the light, makes Ryan a nervous wreck.

7. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    All work and no play makes Terra something something...

8. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Knowing I don't show my ugly face around these parts too often, save to check up on some of youd dudes I know well and now I can actually run cool games, forgive the st00pid question and humour me-

I assume this game'll be modded, will the mods be just for the multiplayer, or can mini-campaigns be made and things, as with the X-wing games? My guess would be no, but hey, I know nooooooooothing!

9. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Terra I don't have Wolf, as you know, but people make Single player levels for JK now. Wolf seems to be fairly similar - maybe they COULD do similar things with mods for Wolf!

dont count it out.

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Wolfenstein uses the Quake III engine (like Elite Force & Jedi Outcast), so it will be possible to edit the game & make new characters & missions.

However editing communities only spring up if the "End User Licence" (the screeds of text you click "ok" to when installing) allows editing.

There looks to be fan made skins & maps & levels etc on this site;

http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/

Edit: The links on that site to 2 new maps appear to be broken. the Wolfie editing site http://www.rtcwfiles.com/ looks to be down... could be a bad sign.

11. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    There's definitely a chance of this game really taking off if the mod community gets into it. Maps, skins, and mods just like Q3.

And Corleone, you can easily map all of the buttons. I use it in JK and other games all the time.

Go into your Intellipoint software that you installed with the mouse. Then go into the Buttons tab. Then choose keys to map to your mouse buttons. I usually make the scrolling thing Alt, the left side button Ctrl, and the right side buttons Delete. Once you've done that, go into the game and set up the maps. For example, if you want the middle mouse scroll button thing to be Reload, go to reload and push down that button. Do that for all the other buttons, and you can use all of the buttons on your mouse.

I've been using this method for like a year+.

12. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Stuck on the flamethrower zombie in the catacombs :eek:

13. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Before he gets out of his hole, put some dynamite above it. When he gets out. BOom!

14. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    I didn't get any dynamite, Preach :(

15. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Nice knowing you...

... too bad you didn't actually look for secret areas. :\

16. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    I know there's dynamite allllllll the way back behind the entrance to the crypt, my friend told me, but...but...is there no other way!? :(

17. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Yeah, shoot him.

18. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Stay away from him.

19. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    [image=http://www.electromark.com/xp2/template_images/Custom20011220155705.jpg]

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Dan;
    I usually make the scrolling thing Alt, the left side button Ctrl, and the right side buttons Delete.

Yeah, but don't scroll, click left side & right side buttons at the same time! :eek:

21. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Heh, never thought of that before, jp. Hehe... maybe I should change one of them.

22. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Can't decide what's funnier, me getting roasted for the umpteenth time, the sign about PB or the thought of Dan inadvertantly restarting his PC! :)

23. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Speaking of inadvertantly restarting your PC, ever stretched your legs during a long gaming session (always an hour since your last save) and kicked the PC power plug out of its socket or bumped the on/off switch?

I have, and the feeling is as bad as when you're under a desk mucking around with your cables and you bump your head on the way out.

No-one to blame but yourself...

24. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Hey, I'm right. Avoid that guy as much as possible.

Dan is going to die.

25. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Only those with l337 skills can conquer teh fire breathing zombie of doom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.