main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Okey Dokey People! What is the best NJO book so far and why?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by ILLUMINATUS_JEDI, Feb 8, 2002.

?

Okey Dokey People! What is the best NJO book so far and why?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Vector Prime

5.1%
  2. Onslaught

1.3%
  3. Ruin

8.9%
  4. Hero's Trial

7.6%
  5. Jedi Eclispe

2.5%
  6. Balance Point

6.3%
  7. Conquest

6.3%
  8. Rebirth

12.7%
  9. Star By Star

34.2%
  10. Dark Journey

15.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
  2. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

Nov 29, 2001
    I Like SBS for a few reasons:

1) Well written.
    2) There are no boring bits.
    3) It's nice and long!

3. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I cast my vote for Dark Journey for a number of reasons, but mostly because I'm a Han and Leia fan and I found them to be written to near perfection in this book. :)

4. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    I've only read Vector Prime.....and that sucked so badly that it turned me off EU for quite sometime. I'm not fussed if I never read another NJO novel again. :(

I've only recently picked up Heir To The Empire again for a brief skim-through and remembered how good EU stuff can really be ;)

5. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    SBS, big space battles, NR winning some battles, more character details, just a good book, and the fact that it was the longest one in the series.

6. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Ruin. Loved the amount of activity the Jedi Knights had in that book, plus I thought Daeshara'cor was just pretty darn cool. Gotta love Corran too.

JMA

7. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    I cast my vote for Dark Journey. While I usually don't like trying to figure out what the best book is so far, I had to vote for Dark Journey. I liked that it was a smaller story that involved fewer characters. It allowed the reader to stick to just a few character's thoughts and actions. I thought that was kind of neat for a change. I usually like novels that have everyone in them, but I found Dark Journey refreshing. Of course my view can be slightly biased because Han and Leia were written so well in this book, and I really have to give Ms. Cunningham a big thumbs up for that.

Balance Point, Rebirth and Star by Star would be the books that follow Dark Journey IMHO, in no particular order.

8. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Though there was much sadness, I had to vote for Star by Star. After that I'd choose Dark Journey and then Rebirth. :)

~*~Bria

9. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    I voted Star by Star. It was really well written, and dark. I found the novel to be enthralling and epic in scope...certainly the extra length was nice, as it didn't feel "rushed" as some previous novels had. Best NJO novel, IMO. :)

R.

10. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I voted for "Balance Point" but I really don't know why. I just liked it, okay?

11. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    Thought SBS has been the best book so far. Most of the characters were very well done. Great action writing, but it wasn't all action. Enjoyed this book very much, it held me throughout. Don't care how long a book is, really, but was glad this one had so much in it.

also liked Conquest very much, Ruin, Vector Prime. It's hard to choose just one top one.

12. Master_Kyp_Durron

Master_Kyp_Durron Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2002
    Why was Recovery left out of the poll?

13. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

Nov 29, 2001
    Because the polls only have room for 10 choices and it's to short and not many have read it.

14. Greesha

Greesha Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    I voted for Star By Star because:
    1. It's nice and long! My friend gave it to me for my birthday because she knows I'm a Star Wars fan and addicted to reading, and when I looked in the gift bag I just started laughing! It's great, though, to have a really long book rather than wait for two or three short ones, even though I still finished it in a matter of days.
    2. It didn't drag on and on like some long books do. It was exciting.
    3. It made me cry. I can count the number of books that made me cry on one hand and the number of books I have read on about a million hands, so when a book makes me cry I tend to respect it more.

The only thing I didn't like about it was why I cried. I could rant and rave on and on about this, but I won't because I don't want to spoil it for you people who haven't read the book. I hate it when people do that to me so I won't do it to you.

Wow, I think this was my longest post so far!

15. SuperFilly

SuperFilly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2001
    I voted for SbS...the writing was amazing. It's one of my favorite books, not even Star Wars books. However, my order of favorites, for the first four:

1. Star by Star
    2. Balance Point
    3. Dark Journey
    4. Vector Prime

Filly

16. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Most definitly SbS. Its a great book, and its long. With so much time between the new NJO books it was good to have a book that took time to read. The next best are they Edge Of Victory duology.

17. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    VP. i found the action in SBS to be hard to follow at times and no one does action like salvatore. Chewie's death was more poignant than anakins, as was the aftermath.

18. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Though I dislike/hate the NJO I did enjoy Vector Prime. So I voted for that.

19. RogueJeedai

RogueJeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    SbS, for various reasons.. for one it made me cry like a little baby.. :)

20. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    I voted Vector Prime for the following reasons:

1) Its the only NJO book so far that I haven't had to force myself to finish.

2) Its the only book in history of Star Wars that can make me cry every single time I read it.

3) I couldn't put it down

4) I was a little peeved (okay raging mad) at Chewie's death but it was well written and he died doing what he does best.

5) Its the only book that hasn't had me fall asleep during Vong parts.

21. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Oops... I think I voted for Onslaught instead [face_plain] I meant to vote for Ruin. I loved the battle of Ithor so much, and it just seemed more complete then some of the other books. Plus it heavily featured Corran :)

22. _Zap_

_Zap_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    i voted for conquest because i like anakin and vau rapuung was cool

23. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    Rebirth- An Anakin/Tahiri team! C'mon, you got to love that. :D Plus, it had some good action scenes, along with awesome characters and a great plot. SBS was ok too...only Anakin dies in that book so I couldn't say it was my favorite. Personally, I [face_love] the EoV duology- it's the best combo of books in the NJO so far.

24. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I'll go with SbS

25. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Rebirth. I love the flirting between Kyp and Jaina. Especially the exchange about interesting propositions.

Dana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.