main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Old Clips with a hint of what will happen in episode 7

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ovian29, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ovian29

ovian29 Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2012
    Here is a clip which may indicate what will happen in episode 7 , maybe ..... !!!!

*Redundant

Tibanna Gas Mine likes this.
  2. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    Possibly.

But the theory I have going is that the best way to predict the events, of any future Star Wars films is to look at the events of the other six films. Lucas constantly features echoing or rhyming story elements. He puts new people in old situations and sees how they react differently than their predecessor. He does this within films, between films and from trilogy to trilogy. Story elements from the existing six films that have not been “reused” or echoed yet… I’m willing to be are the most likely candidates for the next trilogy.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    He certainly nailed the general timeframe. [face_hypnotized]

4. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    WHAT IF SUPERSHADOW IS MARK HAMILL

Dark-Sith_ofthe_Moon likes this.
  5. ovian29

ovian29 Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2012
    and this one , check out what he says at 3.30 mins in

yodasbum likes this.
  6. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    But he keeps changing his own established films.

7. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    "On another plane of existence" god I hope this is true and it ties into Mortis/Force Ghost stuff somehow.

8. GeneralCeel

Nov 4, 2005
    So?

9. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    How does that make it easy to predict what he'll do in the future if he doesn't even care about the past.

Could anyone have predicted who was eventually referred to in the line 'no there is another' or who erased the Kamino records even though George said it would be a plot point revealed in Sith.

I think that predicting themes might be easier but predicting events or plot points would be much harder. It will easier when we have more details on the direction of the next set of films.

10. GargantuanThrillMachine

GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    i love watching these old clips, and will admit that the announcement of the st schocked me infinitely more than the announcement for the pt

11. GeneralCeel

Nov 4, 2005
    His SE additions are by and large minor points. But back to my theory....

TPM, ANH, ROJ all end with destruction of large ship as a goal. There are six films... chronologically destroying a large weapon book-ends the existing saga, while the third (ANH) bisects the saga. If you count the senate battle symbolically “destroying the republic.” both trilogies are book-ended with this similar scenario.

First movie (TPM) involves primitive species overcoming the technologically more advanced. Final movie (ROTJ) also involves primitive species overcoming the technologically more advance.

Big ground battle 2nd movie in prequel trilogy (AOTC), Big ground battle 2nd movie in original trilogy (ESB)

Big space battle ROTS. Big Space battle ROTJ.. both final chapters in respective trilogies.

Anakin discovered on Tatooine (TPM), Luke discovered on Tatooine. Both first films in a trilogy. ESB…

Luke loses his saber (out of reach) in the Wampa’s lair. Then loses it down the Cloud City shaft. (2nd movie in trilogy). Attack of the Clones… people have some trouble holding on to their sabers (both Anakin and Obi Wan)….. Oh and both Luke and Anakin lose their first limb in 2nd movies of a trilogy. And before the SE… Fetts both make their first appearances in 2nd movies. So if you guys want to see surviving Fett? My money is on Episode 8.

I realize I’m pushing it in a few places, but Lucas is consciously playing with repeated events and many of them happen at similar points in each respective character’s journey, if not in corresponding movies.

Dark-Sith_ofthe_Moon likes this.
  12. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Niiice!

I'm sure hoping Mark comes back to 'pass down Excalibur to the next generation'. [face_praying]

13. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    That's about the only consistent thread of information I've seen from every report, is that Luke will be an Obi-Wan figure that passes the torch to the next generation. Beyond that we had Mark Hamill in the above clip saying that ROTJ was the last film for everyone except for the "two robots" and that the sequels are on "another plane of existence" (sounds like Whills' territory)

But there's also Lucas saying in 1997 that any idea for a ST was just sort of a "wouldn't it be neat" thought and that it would have nothing to do with the stories of the PT or OT and just sort of be a tacked on story of what comes after. And despite Mark saying that ROTJ is the end for everyone except the droids, he's also mentioned the idea of being asked to play the mentor figure and it's all too vague to derive any kind of plot from. I mean when Kershner spoke of the ST, he was speaking of details that were eventually abandoned and folded into ROTJ, such as addressing the final confrontation with the Emperor and showing who the 'other' is in ROTJ instead of the ST.

So who knows? Passing a torch isn't enough to derive three films about. It might be a thread carried through the films just as the PT was "about Anakin's fall." But by the time you add in Dooku, the Trade Federation, a clone army, Palpatine's rise to power, the politics of it, Naboo, etc. you've got something that nobody could really have anticipated. I'm sure the ST will be the same :D

14. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    When I see these clips I ask myself why I haven't seen them before. Then I assume that GL paid NASA to go back in time via the mouth of two worm holes.

15. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Lucas's "story treatment":

"Luke mentor; bad guys; Chewie (?); Han, Leia; lightsabers; Good Luck Guys!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.