main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ...on the next Arrested Development

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Oct 2, 2011.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, I definitely don't think it's about new AD viewers. It's about having something all existing AD viewers are going to want to see... and again I predict that they won't release it on DVD/Blu Ray.

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I don think that's been the argument either. It's fun to agree.

Arrested Development appeals to certain people, certainly. That's a true statement.

I think what's great about it all being on Netflix from the start is that now, instead of having to scramble, individually, to make sure you're keeping up with your friends, you and your friends, can, at your leisure, take it in together. Unless you happen to have a vast network of friends who both love AD and also consume everything all at once as soon as they come into contact with it.

3. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Stop assuming I have friends.

Rogue_Ten and Darth Guy like this.
  4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I think it's going to be great. All the previous seasons are available, so marathoning the entire series will be both convenient and fun. I think it's a smart decision. Sure, some people may get a free trial only in order to view the new material all at once, but I bet a fair percentage of those people will keep their subscription, I bet. I personally like waiting until shows have aired completely before getting into them, because I don't enjoy watching TV one episode at a time. I like watching a movie's length block of something at a time, so this decision is a good one for me. Like I said earlier, nothing is stopping anybody from viewing episodes at a slower pace. I really doubt that spoilers are going to be as huge of a problem as you think they are, seriously.

5. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    AD episodes also have huge replay value, so I think I'll still be able to "savor" them through repeated viewings, even if I initially marathon them all.

6. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Yeah, who watches an AD episode just once?

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

So, say, for instance, if you went to film school? :p

Obviously the incredible replay value of AD makes things much better as far savoring episodes goes. I'm about halfway through something like my 8th rewatch of season 2, and this show just never stops being funny. Still, it was also a unique and awesome experience to wait week to week for each episode, to spend a whole week over at The-OP discussing all the details of the ep different people saw. See my experience of AD was this, and having watch parties with tons of friends. Terr_Mys can attest to that. He came to our season 3 launch party where we made frozen bananas... I don't have those pictures here in KC, but suffice it to say there were about 20 people in a small lounge room every week to watch the show. So yeah, I really do have a lot of friends who are rabid about it ;)

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Good choice... she looks like a young Lucille.

Also... seeing young Lucille is going to be awesome.

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Me. I hardly watch anything more than once.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Headlines lie. Articles lie. The only thing that really matters is quotes. From those quotes, they'd like to do more, but think its unlikely they can get the cast together again.

13. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I read the GQ interview with Jason Bateman a few days ago, and Bateman made it sound like "season 4" is a major misnomer; it's really the first part of the movie. Obligatory language warning.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    But I want more dammit!

15. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    That's what they've been saying from the beginning. When the new "season" was officially announced I remember Mitch Hurwitz explained it like this: If they went straight to the movie and devoted just 5 minutes to each character as a catch up, to show where they're at since the series ended, that would take up 45 minutes. That's half the running time of most comedies.

16. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
  17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I read that the entire season is going to be released at once. There goes my Sunday... (if each episode is 30 minutes, times 15 episodes, divided by 60 minutes equals 7.5 hours.)

18. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    zomg! I had no idea this was happening until today! Netflix win!

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    May 26th? Gives me enough time to watch season 3.

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  21. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    this is so awesome. one of the greatest comedy series ever. ended way before its' time ala Firefly.

and Lucille Bluth has to be one of my top 5-10 tv characters of all-time.

22. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Firefly was one of the greatest comedy series ever?

23. Lord Revan

Apr 15, 2013
    lol yeah.

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  25. Lord Revan

Apr 15, 2013