main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [OOTS]You suck, Monty

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quixotic-Sith, Dec 3, 2008.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    # 657 Second Chance

The main thing here is O-Chul appears to be holding something off panel. I think Xykon is going to get a surprise.

In reading their forums I see all these claims of "V is turning good again!" Well, I guess. But had that door been open V would have run through without looking back. V is doing what V has always done and acting with practicality; O-Chul is revived because it was needed for V to live longer. Nothing more. Who knows though, perhaps V will get some character development out of this.

Goooooooooooooooooooo O-Chul!

EDIT:

You see V getting the 2 potions, next panel you see V pouring the potions into O-Chul with one hand and the other hand is slightly hidden behind Xykon holding something you see the top of colored white. And of course the last panel again where O-Chul is holding something off panel.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    V was halfway out the chamber through that giant hole in the wall, but climbed back in to rescue O-Chul.

3. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh you're right! Panels 6 7 and 8. I was too busy reading the speech to look at the facial expressions. [face_peace]

4. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    I don't know about V turning good again, but I'd definitely say V is turning neutral again, with a conscious.

5. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
  6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    There seems to be no clear definition as to what a phylactery does. For the most part it appears that if you destroy it the lich will not die as the soul is still in the body. Once killed that soul then goes off to the phylactery. If you destroy the phylactery the lich is on their last life until they make a new one which takes months.
    Someone pointed out on the forums that there is a wiki which states that destroying the phylactery kills the lich, but I could not find it.

Blackwing ftw.

7. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Or, that bird that Miss Starshine named ;)

8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That was THE single-best punchline to an OOTS comic since the Listen/Spot check debacles back in, like, comic #3.

It combined all of my favorite things: totally unexpected, using several years' worth of characterization jokes and a total ****-you ending.

I laughed so hard when I saw it I started to cry a little.

10. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Now the quetsion is, did they think Blackwing could destroy it in the hole? Or is it a distraction so they could get away?

11. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I'm only on #134 :(

12. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    How many flavors of awesome is that?

All of them.

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Now the quetsion is, did they think Blackwing could destroy it in the hole? Or is it a distraction so they could get away?

A bit of both, but primarily the destruction of the phylactery.

How many flavors of awesome is that?

All of them.

I shall steal this and use it as my own clever saying.

Note that V is casting the spell in the first panel. The question is what sort of transformation is going to occur here. Either Xycon just gets hurt and loses the phylactery and goes about his business, or he gets caught up in the Snarl and becomes something else. I cannot see him being killed off.

14. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Remind me what the Snarl does it you fall into it.

15. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    No one is completely sure, but it killed a pantheon of gods, and can unmake the universe if it gets free of its prision.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    660 Lucky Breaks

HAHA. Things to note: The bird "poofs" which is does when summoned and the gag here is that the familier is ignored until needed. I suspect they made their saving throws and got out of the Mass Hold spell and they need the bird. Also, the phylactery hits the statue of Redcloak in the right eye, which on the real Redclaok was stabbed out by O-Chul.
    Did we finally see Xykon worried? Yep. And we also see him pissed. Uh oh.

17. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    You kinda had to figure that something like that was going to happen. It'd be too easy for the main baddy to be gone like that.

18. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    MacGuffin Plinko! Which way will it go?

19. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Isn't it heading for the ocean? That was a little obvious in thew last frame.

I had no idea those things could float.

20. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    As much as I like OOTS, I still have to say that Dr. McNinja is way better, and you are a bad person if you aren't reading it.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    #661 The path of least expectation

O-Chul is carrying a prone V with one hand. :eek: This guys stats must be ridiculous.

There has been speculation that the MITD is a baby tarasque. We can get rid of that theory now. Someone on the forums pointed out something very interesting from a previous comic.

1st panel, MITD words. Whoa.

Now, where did he send them? This falls into the realm of deus ex machina, but we are given a few hints that MITD might interfere, it does not come out fo nowhere, it is well done, I'm ok with it.

22. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I wondered how the hell they managed to teleport out, wasn't sure if it was the monster.

I don't know my D&D that well, what creature could it possibly be?

23. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    I saw on the OotS fourm there was some debate if it was a deus ex machina or not, but I'd say no. It was a plot twist to be sure, but no more than the bouncy ball of madness. Someone did something unexpectedly powerful, and everyone paying a attention said... whoa.

Also, O-Chul has to be high power to survive 541-548

24. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Does O-Chul have epic spells? Could it have been him or the monster?

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It's the MITD. It is not only right there in the comic but also hinted at in the older one I posted specifically to show it was the MITD.