main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Oregon Fan Force Meeting in Portland

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by grumpydevil, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    SW Trivia Pursuit!

4 PM
    June 24, 2006
    Community Room
    1330 SW 3rd Ave
    Portland OR 97201

Menu to include tacos, snacks, and Im hoping to whip up a batch of wookiee-ookiees.

Please let me know if you are going to be able to attend and if you will be bringing anyone with you so I can make sure we have enough food. Also, if we have a small group, we were considering using our apartment rather then our commuity room. Any questions, let me know and I can PM my phone number.

2. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006

Crash, I really hope you and Blue will be able to make it. Kids are welcome. Im just as likely to be awful at trivia! Seriously, Im an airhead and completely non-competetive. Unless I get a wookiee related question of course :) We also have the option to play in teams of 2 or something like that. You probably know more then you think you do. And you have almost 2 weeks to watch the saga and buff up.

3. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Good point. I will bring T'Igor to this. He can be on my team.

-Kyle

4. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    Amber and myself will show up. I can't wait.

5. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Yes, both blue and I can make it.

6. MaraSkywalkeriii

MaraSkywalkeriii Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2006
    I'd like to come, but I'm shy. If anyone could perhaps give me encouragement, and some very good instructions on the when and where of this event I'd really like to come. It would just be me though. I don't have any other star wars friends, except my nephew Christian. Which version will we be playing? The Original series or Saga Edition.

7. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    You should totally come, MaraSkywalkeriii! We'd love to meet any new members who are interested in coming to on the 24th...

If you're worried about meeting us, don't worry we just talk about Star Wars. :)

The event will be on Saturday June 24th, I'm not sure what time... I'm going to let Ayn respond on the full details, but I know that the version of the game is the DVD Saga edition.

What: Oregon Fan Force Trivial Pursuit
    When: June 24, 2006 at 4:00 PM
    Where: 1330 SW 3rd Ave, Portland, OR 97201 (that's right downtown) in the Community Room of Ayn's apartment building.

So far the "roster" will be:
    Ayn & Bill (her boyfriend)
    crashdown & Blue (they're married - ain't that cute?)
    brigandarklung & amber (his girlfirend/wife)
    grumpydevil (that's me) & T'Igor (my son)
    Jawafett

So please do come, we'd love to meet you!

-Kyle

8. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006

Hi Mara! Please do come, we would love to meet you! Ill send you a PM in a few minutes with more details. I can be reached via email at ayn@wookiee.com and Ill also PM you my phone #.

9. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Ayn already knows this, but I've invited a long lost Jedi from the Jedi Assembly to join us on Friday. Rachel (aka Xeco Freemoon @ TJA) will hopefully come and hang out. She's been away from the hustle and bustle of SW Portland happenings and is ready to start getting back into the swing of things. =D=

I personally think its a good time to be a Portland Star Wars fan...

-Kyle

10. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I'm having a party on the 24th. Sorry guys .CAn't make it. I will one of these days, if Atticus and Larena show up.

11. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    If Atticus and Larena start posting again I would be willing to travel down to Salam to attend an OFF meeting down there.

12. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Alright, so far we have the following OFF members attending:

Grumpydevil and T'Igor
    Crashdown and Blue
    Jawafett
    Brigandarklung and Amber
    Rachel
    MaraSkywalkeriii.

Did I miss anyone? Let me know if I did or if anybody needs more info. I sent out PMs with specific directions to our building and how to enter the building to everyone who is coming. If you didnt get the info and want to come, let me know.

Just to let everyone know, we will be playing in teams (4 teams, consisting of 2-4 players per team, depending on how many people we end up with).

13. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Yeah, you forgot you and Bill! :confused:

Teams are fine with me!

-Kyle

14. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006

We're hosting, I wanted to get a count of how many guests to plan for. :D

15. MaraSkywalkeriii

Mar 3, 2006
    I want to thank you guys for the encouragment. It means a lot to someone like me. I'm really looking forward to coming. Ever since I saw the Star Wars Trivial Pursuit Saga Edition in stores I've been dying to play it. I think I should go watch as much of Star Wars as I can cram in before Saturday. I can't answer questions about Phatom Menace though, since it's my least favorite of the movies.

16. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Sure, I may be biased, but I tend to think of us as a really fun and nice group of people. :D
    I'm sure you'll have a good time. The cool thing about Trivial Pursuit is that there are a LOT of crazy off-the-wall Star Wars trivia questions that no one will know.

New topic - where the heck is Eric? I haven't heard from him in a few weeks here.

-Kyle

17. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Jawafett reporting as ordered. I've found a few cool items to offer as prizes. Duplicates that I dont mind parting with as they will find themselves in another's collection.
    The excitement for this event is building as new members make themselves known, fresh new faces and new friendships will be made, so says the Holocron.

18. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Everything is proceeding as I have forseen it.

This is going to be great! I will bring something for the prize pot...

-Kyle

19. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Ive got some duplicate Han/Chewie posters if more prizes are needed. Cant wait to see everyone, Bill and I have been looking forward to this since our last meeting.

20. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Should we bring some eats/drinks? Blue milk?

21. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Completely up to you guys. We have tacos, rice, chips, salsa, dip, salad, and wookiee cookiees (we use the chocolate chip cookiee receipe from the SW cookbook). If there is anything special you want to bring, it would be welcome, but certainly not necessary. :) I cant wait to see all you guys!

22. MaraSkywalkeriii

Mar 3, 2006
    I just wanted to let you all know I had such a good time, and I'm really looking forward to our next gathering/meeting or what you will. I'm so shy, and pretty much everyone else I know just looks at me in that way (meaning: Annie, Not Again!) whenever I even start to say the word Star Wars. To be around people who love it and can't seem to get enough of it is so refreshing. I know that I know very little compared to you all, but I feel it is okay my being a Padawan. I am okay with that. I simply need a master Jedi to show me the way.

23. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    It was great having you there. We are all Star Wars geeks.....
    We have to stick together :)!

And thank you Bill and Ayn for hosting again. The common area at your building is the perfect place. But next time we should do a potluck so you don't have to go through all the trouble of feeding us.......(Although, I loved all the food, and especialy the Wookee cookies [:D])!!

24. XecoFreemoon

XecoFreemoon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2004
    Yep yep...

Was my first time meeting all of you guys and I just want to thanks you for having an ootmian like myself. Also I want to thank Kyle for being my inside man and I hope to visit again, enjoy your company and help rule the Trivial Pursuit Galaxy (Too ambitious?) In anycase.. had a fantastic time, thanks Ayn and Bill!

Oh next time I'l actually make something to bring. I ran out of time with the computer death chaos. Sorry.

-Xeco / Rachel

25. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    I want to that EVERYBODY for coming out tonight.

Sure I may be biased because my team won, but I definitely had fun tonight. So did T'Igor. I hope we keep doing fun stuff like this because I really cannot express how cool it is to hang out with other Star Wars fans and talk about what we love. Here's the photo that my camera snapped (the good one)...

[image=http://www.freak23.com/images/off_sw_trivialpursuit_06-24--2006.jpg]

Here goes nothing... From left to right the cool kids in this picture are:
    -> Bill, Ayn, Don, Annie, Amber, Tania, Eric, Chris, Rachel, (now to the front row) T'Igor and Kyle

11 people - it's some kind of record for our little group or something! :eek:

I'm sure we'll get something on "the calendar" soon for our next get-together. Thanks again to Ayn and Bill for hosting the game in their fantabulous community room. Thanks also to the new faces that joined us tonight and to the old chaps who are always hanging around these boards.

If you didn't make it to this, please come to the next thing we do. I think there's a BBQ in July that we're going to be invited to. I'll post more when I know more...

Oregon Fan Force RULEZ!!! [face_skull]

-Kyle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.