main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq *Other* action figure thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Commander_Clem, Aug 19, 2005.

1. The_presidentevil

The_presidentevil Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2005
    He said Hot topic.........

2. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    The only figure thread that lived!! The new McFarlane football and Military are at Toys R Us.

3. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Eubank walmart is starting to gear up for the dvd release. yesterday sw m&m posters, sw m&m decals, and sw m&m pamphletes were passed out. I managed to score the two sided movie spoof poster (rated C for chocolate fun) and the m&m trick or treat poster. Theres an island set up over in front of the toy dept. San Mateo walmart also has the same set up. The dept mgr is holding off on the newer sw figures so we'll have some to sell during the dvd release.

4. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
  5. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003
    Not sure if anyone knows this besides Stromtrooper and I, Walmart will have three different 3 pack exclusive action figure sets that will be released on Nov 1st. They resemble the 3 packs that came out during the OTC DVD release last November. One set will be Troopers, another will be Jedi, and the third one will be (I think) the Sith (Vader-Emporer). Im sure James has the sale ad in his smock pocket. Correct me on this if Im wrong James and tell us what figures are coming out.

Other figure news-I was at the music store at Coronado Monday and they had the Playskool SW figurines as backpack clips. Very cool! I scored the Boba Fet. Other clips they had were-Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anikin. They retailed for $2.99.

6. stromtrooper1982

stromtrooper1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Well it is for sure the 3 pack clone troopers a sith palpatine,darth maul,and count dooku, 3rd set not sure it wasn't shown in our add. But it will more than likly a jedi 3 pack. their going to be like 9.96 each should get a good few cases in per store so shouldn't be to hard to get them [face_praying]. But they look good and the add is out now and should be in the sunday new paper or in stores if you wanna see what the sith and trooper packs look like.

7. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    McFarlane NHL 10 is out!!

ANd new McFarlane Military

8. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003
    Anyone like those wacky SW choppers? Hasbro must be desperate and running out of ideas. These bad boys are pretty goofy...

9. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Carkoon wave in Los Lunas.

10. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
  11. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Yeah, they're pretty cool. There was also one Majore Bren Derlin, AT-AT Pilot, and General Veers.

12. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    crap! I need that At At pilot bad!

13. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    Matty, I got you one, it's coming from LA...

14. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003
    If anyone spots any of the new Marvel Legends figures, please please please let me know. I want that friggin Task Master.

15. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    I just saw a Taskmaster at KB Cottonwood on Wednesday. They also had the Apocalypse wave!

16. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    KB in this side of town had hte new ones a well....I think Target on Lomas had som of them last night as well.

17. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003
    Right on! Thanks guys...

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Has anyone else collected any of the GI Joe Sigma6 figures? Jonathan and Matthew have been getting them and ... WOW ... those are some seriously cool toys.

19. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    I saw them and almost bought some for Matthew. They are wicked cool looking.

20. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    They so rock the socks off so many other figures out there. The angular scuplts of the characters are kinda unique, giving them a bit of a hardened look. The articulation rocks. Snake Eyes comes with so many points of articulation, it's crazy. And the number of accessories is pretty sweet. Again, using Snake Eyes as an example: three swords, each with a scabbard. A magnetic ... throwing star/cable launcher thing. A sub-machine gun. Three different visors. Wall climbing gear (suction cup based). And the packaging comes with a case you can store all that crap in. It's fantasmic!

21. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    I'm going to buy some today!

22. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    There is a Snake Eyes - Stormshadow 2 Pk at Target at Lomas. Both of them are re-painted and come with a DVD for $19.99. There was a bunch of them last night. Very cool...

23. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Yeah, I've seen that one. I kinda like the repaint-job on Snake Eyes in that pack. He's got that same tattoo that Storm Shadow sports. I wanna get the hoverbikes, too.

Ninjas rock.

24. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Those look like they'd be fun to mess with. Unfortunately, I'm already behind on the 4" Joe line, which is now internet exclusive. There are some new vehicles like the R.O.C.C. and R.H.I.N.O. that harken back to the glory days of mid 80's Joe. I must have them!

Jason, keep us posted on your ML hunt status.

25. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Yeah, I've seen pics of the RHINO and ROCC on Entertainment Earth, I think it was. They have those two vehicles on the Sigma6 cartoon as well. They DO remind me of the glory days, too. The GI Joe line had some cool vehicles back then. I'm still impressed with the custom jet you worked on, Scott.