main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Our FF meeting..Podcast Style

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by echo-3, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hi all, I wanted to let everyone out there know that we podcast our meeting's every month and our July meeting is now up for streaming at http://podcast.hoosieralliance.com/
    OR download from iTunes under Hoosier Alliance.
    I wanted to show everyone how I run our FF meeting and maybe give someone out there a idea of just what to do at a meeting.
    LMK how you like it.

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    You do podcasts of every meeting? That's pretty cool! A good thing to remember. :D

But... is it possible to do a one or two minute one as well? For me as a none member of your FF it's too long to listen to the whole thing. Ok, I'm not sure how podcasts really work, maybe they have to be that long, but it would be great to have a short version as well. :)

3. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Ya most of the time its under 60 min but last months was over 1hr 15 because our topic was "Use the FF boards".

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Even over one hour?! :eek:

What was the feedback of that podcast? Did you get any? :)

5. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    We have members all over the US that listion every month. We have college students that go back home during the summer that still listion and we have a few members that have moved to other city's that still listion and chim in on or board about them. One member moved to LA 4 years ago and still post in our boards and comments every month about the podcast. We enjoy doing the podcast and its a way to get more involvement on our board too.
    I am asked all the time, "What do you guys talk about at a Star Wars Meeting?" and I say ,Well Have a listion to our podcast and U can get a since of how we run or meeting. In fact, A co-worker of mine told me yesterday that after listening to this months podcast he intends on coming to our August meeting. :)

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's pretty cool! Especially that one of your co-workers wants to come now as well. :)

I would have never thought that a podcast would have such an influence! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.