main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Before i start, i'd like to begin with three things

*Whats the big deal about Mandalorians?*

What an ignorant question! Is it the asking that makes it ignorant? No, its the common tone found in so many of the people that ask such a question. Mandalorian fans dont owe you a friggin explanation as to why they like Mandalorians.

I had a friend who simply just wanted to know what the big deal about Mandalorians was because he was just curious, and heck thats fine, i honestly dont mind explaining to him why i like mandalorians and the Fetts etc, but i refuse to answer some moron whos just going to blast what i like after i've told him anyway.

In short: Dont ask why people like Mandalorians if you yourself are not willing to understand. You dont have to like them, just keep in mind that choosing to stay ignorant to anything is dangerous.

*Jango Fett and Boba Fett are not real Mandalorians*

Jango Fett and Boba Fett are as Mandalorian as the first ever Mandalore. Jango Fett was once a leader of the Mandalorians and had the respect of his entire crew.

Boba Fett, as shown in the Unifying Force is the new Mandalore. While information as to why he turned from his father's honorable intentions for many years of his life remain in the dark, it is clear that Boba Fett is the new Mandalore or leader of the Mandalorians.

Continuing my arguement on what makes a real Mandalorian:

The Mandalorians of this time are in fact different. There is no information yet as to why they changed from planet conquerors to highly paid mercenaries yet the Death Watch are obvious remnants to the Mandalorian past, one in which Jaster felt needed to be abandoned for reasons unknown. BUT one thing is now for sure: The Mandalorians of Jaster Mareels age are elite soldiers and not of Mandalorian blood (some speculate Jaster to have been a real Mandalorian). Yet any Mandalorian can tell you, devoting your life to the code makes you a Mandalorian.

Many people argue that after the raid on Galidraan, there are no more Mandalorians save Jango and Boba, yet there were several people who had been dropped from the Mandalorian Mercenary group and are still considered Mandalorians by some from their combat training and bearing of the armor, but any Mandalorian would of course disagree. I hope this settles the confusion as to the Mandalorian mentions in Republic Commando: Hard Contact (example: Montross, Ghez Hokan) So the last Mandalorian before Boba Fett was Jango, from a certain point of view. People would call Montross Mandalorian because he still wears his armor, but he wouldnt be considered a Mandalorian by Jango Fett or Jaster or anyone who served under them because Montross was kicked from the group, a great dishonor.

If you feel i am wrong about any of that, please i'd love to go over this and i'd love to learn what you know. I am continuously seeking information on the Mandalorians and anything you know would be excellent.

2. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    This thread was created for Mandalorian fans to discuss what they know about Mandalorians to be enlightened or to enlighten others.

There is much information on Mandalorians and I will be the first one to tell you, there are few places on the internet that can give you straight forward information on Mandalorians. You have to look to Amazon or your local bookstore to buy the books and video games stores to buy the games. To learn Mandalorian information is a hands on thing.

I'm willing to learn and to also share what i've learned if your ears are open and you're willing to learn something new.

Be mature.

3. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    (oops... posted a PM here by accident...)

first off, i'd like to say this is an excellent idea :)

I have been facinated by Mandalorians, myself, Boba Fett being responsible for that.

Wearing the armor doesnt make you any more Mandalorian then wielding a lightsaber makes you a Jedi. I don't know what the Mandalorian code is, or if there even is one...

Going from Planetary Conquerors to mercenaries can probably be traced to their conflict with the Jedi. If I remember correctly (and correct me if i dont), a Mandalore was killed by a fallen Jedi, who then controlled all Mandalorians. He proceeded to attack the Republic, but the Jedi defeated them

4. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Ah, the fallen Jedi you're talking about is Ulic Qel-Droma, an honorable Jedi warrior who bested Mandalore in combat. He didnt kill that Mandalore though, the first Mandalore was killed by some great beast. But after Ulic defeated Mandalore, Mandalore and the rest of the Mandalorians agreed to become his servants.

Ordo N-11 likes this.
  5. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    I want to clear some things up as to the last Mandalorians after the Battle of Galidraan.

What im about to clear up is something that has always gotten on my nerves with people who talk as if they know everything there is to know about Mandalorians and the Fetts. I hope im not sounding cocky but i am always and i mean ALWAYS trying to enlighten myself on the Mandalorians; however, I dont know everything there is to know. My point is that before you go around bashing people with false information, gather research to back up your arguements. Thats all :).

Many many many many MANY people are under the influence that, after the battle of Galidraan, Jango Fett and Boba Fett are the last to have a set of Mandalorian armor. This is not true. There are still a few soldiers still left who had maybe broken from the Mandalorian mercenary group or were just not present at Galidraan. There are many reasons.

I'll hook you guys up with the ones i know and where they can be spotted if you've got the time and the wallet.

Silas: Jango Fett: Open Seasons Comic Series

Montross: Jango Fett: Open Seasons Comic Series, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter Video Game

Ghez Horak: Star Wars: Republic Commando Tie-In Novel.

Durge: Durge actually HATES Mandalorians and isnt one, but he is a link to the Mandalorian past. For further information look to the StarWars.com databank.

I know after having read this most of you are wondering why im saying Jango Fett wasnt the last to wear the armor. StarWars.com Databank is a very reliable source if you want information on whats so far grounded fact in EU continuity. And when something has changed in the EU that maybe contradicts with something else, the databank is constantly undergoind changes. Keep in mind that you can not hold any arguement about Mandalorians if you dont follow the EU. As i hope you've noticed, Lucas let Jango Fett's past open ended for the Expanded Universe.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask and i will hook you up as soon as possible :)

6. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I hear ya, I totally agree and I thought the info you gave was very interesting. I have long been a Mandalorian fan and am curious if there are any Mandalorian art posters of any kind if you can find any t-shirts as well.

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    How can you mention the Mandalorians without mentioning the most famous OT-era/NR-era Mandalorian of them all.

Fenn Shysha.

8. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    Also, Jodo Kast himself has a link. Even though he is not a true Mandalorian (which really has yet to be confirmed, as we have only Boba's accusation that he didnt earn his armor), he still wears the Mandalorian armor. It is highly unlikely that Kast found he armor laying in the dirt on some planet... he had to have gotten it somewhere. Whether a relative of his was Mandalorian, or he killed one, there is a link

9. Son_of_Jango

Son_of_Jango Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2004
    sup guys im here to say GO MANDALORIANS ther the coolest characters(my main reason being my top 2 fav characters are boba and jango fett)and i have a question is the symbol on durges chest place the bantha skull that boba wears on his shoulder plate

10. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Well to clear things up, i dont think Jodo Kast is even recognized for anything in Star Wars anymore, but i could be wrong though. For a lot of current thigns that have come out, Kast isnt usually considered.

As for the symbol on Durge's chestplate, it is indeed the Mandalorian skull. From what i know of the skull though, i doubt its a bantha. It more resembles the creature as seen in Star Wars Galaxies "Bolle Bol" but Bols none the less.

Hope that cleared some stuff up :)

11. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    No, Jodo's still definitely recognized. Only he hasn't really done much as of late due to a terminal case of death.

12. Son_of_Jango

Dec 30, 2004
    o i thought i remember reading in more then one place that boba has a bantha skull on his shoulder..

13. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    What im saying is that i remember a time when Boba Fett would by synonomous with Jodo Kast and now that we have a little but more Mandalorian information he doesnt really seem all that important anymore.

SOJ, do you recall any current information that said it was a Bantha? I know its usually referred to as a Bantha but when i used to play SWG i've seen Bolle bols and they have the same skull structure.

If theres any information that states the creature is a Bantha and the infos been out after 1999 then its probably reliable continuity info. A lot of the information on Mandalorians before 2002 have been simply speculation as far as i've noticed. Could be wrong though.

14. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Genghis i also meant to mention! Do you know where i can get some information on Fenn Shysha? I've never heard of him/her before and i'd really like to check out who this person is. Thanks :)

For Darth Tynaus:

I found some pretty wicked Mandalorian merchandise on ebay man. Over Ebay i've gotten a Baseball Cap with the Mandalorian skull, a black and white T-shirt with a big Mandalorian skull on the back, i bought my girlfriend a shirt that says Got Armor? on the back with Fett's helmet, and i've got a Mandalorian Commando dogtag necklace. Theres a lot of awesome stuff on ebay man. Type in Bantha Skull in the top search bar when you get to ebay.com

15. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Twin Engines of Destruction was the key to Jodo's undoing. That story basically proved him to be the pretender that people perhaps may have suspected him of being.

Boba's statement at the end of the story, after removing Kast's helmet proves that he wasn't the true Mandalorian supercommando that his armor implied: "Not Dala, not Shysha! Nobody!"

Dala, being of course the Mandalorian hero and martyr, Tobbi Dala.

Shysha, being Fenn Shysha, the greatest Mandalorian supercommando of the OT/NR-era.

16. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Ah ok! Wow thats pretty good information. I'll have to get Twin Destructions sometime after i finish Republic Commando and the Bounty Hunter Wars series (im on book 2 :p)

I wanna learn more about Dala and Fenn Shysha.

17. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I remember reading somewhere that it was a bantha skull, but i'll have to try and find it again. ;)

The Mandalorian's downfall can be traced all of the way back to the Mandalorian Wars which took place in the years before "Knights of the Old Republic", This war followed about 30 years after the Sith War with Exar Kun. A the end of the war the Mandalorians were defeated by the Jedi Revan, and it was then that the first of them started to become mercenaries for hire. Five years after the "Jedi Civil War", a new Mandalore arose to take the place of the last, his goal was to unite all of the mandalorian clans on Dxun. It is unknown if he ever united all of them.

Evil.

18. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Yep. Probably not all, but dammit, you just know in your heart that "Candalore" united all of the ones that were worth uniting.

19. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    well...beat the game. In the end you'll know. ;)

20. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I beat the game, twice actually, but we never know for sure if he unites all of them. Kreia has been known to lie... alot.

Evil.

21. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Yea but i dont necassarily think so in that given situation. Besides all of that, if you read the profile of Durge on StarWars.com databank it gives indication that the Mandalorians live throughout the 4000 year time period, and i think you know who brought em back together.

22. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I never said he didn't bring them back, I just said that we don't know if he brought ALL of them back, which he probably couldn't.

Frankly, it's a big galaxy.

Evil.

23. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Oh if he unites all of the clans you mean. Seeing his methods of gathering them, the only way he couldnt have gathered them all is if he couldnt find them all. I think its a possibility he did manage to unite them, personally.

24. Son_of_Jango

Dec 30, 2004
    IT IS HIM FOR SURE u constantly screams clan ordo and and talks about the ordo clan..and has same voice and she says its him so its him

25. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Oh of course i know who he is :p

Im not sure if i specified whether or not this thread will be spoiler proof but i think spoilers are necessary if were to make the flow of Mandalorian information easier.

So, spoilers are allowed.