main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY P&C Caring for Children Campaign: Thinking ahead

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthArjuna, Jan 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    I dropped in a note a couple days ago to my manager about the Caring for Children Campaign. It's a couple months off- at least- but I figure that if we plan in advance, we can help to kick off the campaign and make it enjoyable for everyone.

I'll get more info from Matt tonight (new manager, so things may be different). I'll let you know how it goes.

2. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Find out what you can and we can go over it at the meeting on the 8th. We have alot to go over then and alot of events LOL

Would this be like the last drive we did?

3. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    I would beleive so, though I'll talk to Matt and make sure. It's sor afr only a note that he's seen, and I haven't talked to him in person yet; hopefully, he's working tonight (I don't know what days of the week he takes off).

4. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Figures; Matt didn't work yesterday. I'll check again tonight...

5. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay, guys, mixed news and good news.

Mixed first: The person who headed the Consumer Affairs department, who also headed the Caring for Children Campaign, is no longer with the company. Stupid Chapter 11 reorganization. So Caring for Children might not even take place. It was a great program, and it should keep going, but it's not a definite.

Good news: We have to go-ahead to help with any charity at P&C. Turns out that, while working in Herkimer, Matt supported six local charities, so he's very receptive to charity work.

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    well, thats unfortunate when you have to drop a charity like that.
    We can still do something to benefit a charity at some point.

Is anyone partial to a particular charity? I know in the past our group has benefited Ronald Mcdonald house and Childrens Miracle network. Also an elemntary school. I know there is another one in there somewhere........cold meds taking effect....ugh LOL

At any rate the things we can go over at the meeting will be what charities to help this year and which events to do so. Depends on how busy everyone wants to be :)

7. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Note that chances are good we'll still do Caring for Children. I'll estimate 90%. Also, off the top of my head, I remember the Walk for Juvenile Diabetes that we've done.

8. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month. And though P&C isn't running our usual Caring for Children promotion, there's a chance that we could still come in and fundraise. I'll be talking to Rob tonight and will try for a weekend towards the end of April, for more planning time.

9. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Give me a spork, 'cause I'm eating my words...

We will be raising money for Caring for Children, we'll (P&C) just be doing it next month. I talked to Rob, and he'll let me know the date that we're kicking it off. so on that Sunday, we can most likely come in and help on that first day.

I'll post more as soon as we have a date. *calls up old flyer file and empties date block*

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Are we talking May?
    Ok keep in mind that May 9th is Mothers Day :)
    And May 31st is our parade in Jordan,YAY!
    Karl Graduates the weekend of the 16th. WOOOHOO!
    Any dates besides those - and we're all good :)

I know that doesnt leave many days....LOL

Oh heck........whatever date P&C picks we may just have to deal with and work around it LOL........

11. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    And May 15th is the Lilac parade in Rochester. ;)

12. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Doah!
    Thanks for the reminder Katie I knew May was pretty busy LOL

13. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    :) Our ever busy, hard working CR will be posting info soon I believe. At least what info we know at this point in time...

14. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    any word on this P&C event yet? Any dates hammered out?

15. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    I'll be talking to Rob today, as soon as he knows the kickoff date I'll pass it on to you.

16. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Oookay, now we're looking at June. "But don't hold me to that!" I'll keep you posted...

17. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I think June would be a breathe of fresh air for us since May really seems to be filling up quickly and we really want to promote it right :)
    So I think June is better.

We should start discussing possible scenarios for the event so when the date does arrive we can jump on our plans. It would be nice to have radio disney attend no?
    It is a childrens charity afterall we are rasing money for. Or at least get some type of airtime for this........

18. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Cool.

Hmm...I'm sure that if we contacted the local newspaper they'd run a story. It's a nice break from all the bad news the world has.

I'll see what I can do later this week :)

19. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, yeah, Jen and I have both had experience with the Oneida Dispatch (through our schools :D)

Radio Disney? That'd be great! In the meantime, I'm keeping the poster ready from last year; all we need is the time and the place. Once I have that, I'll send a .pdf to strawbary; you can give it the final OK (I think there was something wrong with the last one, but I forget what it was).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.