main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Padme Blue Tatooine Dress

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Lelila, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    You know, for the crinkled underdress, you could always do Fortuny "Delphos" pleats on a light fabric of the right color, instead of searching for both color and texture. If I ever attempt this dress, that's what I plan to do.

2. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    That is a very cool link, StormtrooperPrincess --
    This is one of those techniques I always mean to try, but never have. I keep foregtting about it.

Thanks for the handy reminder!

-sg

3. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Now *that's* cool! Bookmarked it! I've always wondered if there was a way to do that at home... Thanks SP! :)

4. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I got shoes today :)
    Well actually they are sandels - a bit uncomfortable for Padme-ish for sure! They are also gold, and would work perfectly for a certain picnic dress!

5. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    I'm looking at sandles as well, but so far I haven't found anything I like for the dress. I'll just keep on looking until I find some I do like.

6. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    I also found these really nice ones at Zellers - basic, white, and really comfortable. I might even go back and get them, but something would work too :)
    I also got the ribbons and beads yesterday!

7. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    My costume should be mostly finished by the end of this weekend :D I'll have pics up for you ladies as soon as I can. I can't wait until it's done.

8. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Cool! Can't wait to see them! Mine should be finished on the way to Celebration :) LMAO!

[image=http://muss.cis.mcmaster.ca/~richaraj/blue11.jpg]

9. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    New Pic :) - colours wrong
    [image=http://muss.cis.mcmaster.ca/~richaraj/gold1.jpg]

10. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    My underdress is finished :D Looking at it now, I'm not really happy with the color, but there's always room to fix that at a later time. The poncho is looking great right now. Just have to finish the embroidery. Looking good lelila :)

11. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Thanks A-L and COOL!! I'm doing a two piece underdress for mine since there's not much time. Post some pics!

A question for everyone...on the sleeves does the yellow and orangy design go all the way around or is it just at the front?

12. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    Lelila-On the sleeves I think it goes all the way around. What is everyone's views on the embroidery around the neck? I say it goes all the way around as well.

13. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm with you on that A-L. I'm pretty sure it goes all the way around too. :)

kreleia ^.^

14. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Thanks guys! Same thing on the back? We haven't got a clear shot of that yet but on the official site pic, it looks like it stops in the middle somewhere. Do you think there's anything else besides the yellow orange back there?

15. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    You could always just leave the back blank untill we have a view of it. Continue the embroidery around the sleeves and neck, where it's obvious what to do, and then leave the back blank. That way it will be authentic. [face_clown]

16. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    Yeah, I'm not sure if there's anything on the back. I really don't think we've gotten a good enough shot of it yet to really see(If anyone does have such a shot please post it). I plan on leaving it blank until I see if we get a good shot in the film.

17. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Hmmm...then maybe I'll just leave it blank -but are you sure? I always assumed from this picture that the orange and yellow triangles continued from the sleeves onto the back at the same level. Or maybe it's just more of the sleeve that I'm seeing?

[image=http://www.padawansguide.com/padme/blue/padme_blue_official_sleeve.jpg]

18. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    Lelila, I *think* that's still just the sleeve that's embroidered. If you look really closely at that picture, you'll see the edge of the sleeve, I believe.

-sg

19. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm pretty sure that's the sleeve too. It looks like the sleeve is just draping off of her arm and creating a fold there - that's why it looks like the triangles are on a different part. Oh, and I'm going to leave the back part blank too.

kreleia ^.^

20. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Haha :) Maybe I just thought that it stopped along the back at what is actually the point of the fold!

Don't know what I'd to without you guys!
    *hugs* I'll just leave it blank in the back then except for the white embroidery around the neck.

21. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    *Jumps up and down with excitement* The front part of my embroidery is finished. No I don't have pics yet, sorry to keep teasing you with all of this. I'll get the pics up asap. I was just so excited that I wanted to tell everyone. Shouldn't be too much longer before the costume is totally done.

22. Mrs_MayimNaar

Feb 14, 2002
    [image=http://img.stopklatka.pl/galeria/rysunki/00000/00030/g-16.jpg]

23. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    :eek: Where'd you get that pic Mrs_M?

24. Mrs_MayimNaar

Feb 14, 2002
    Stoplatka is such a good site....